Servers Going Offline August 12th

UndreyVITA

10 hours ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

In my opinion this is the best game that was ever released on the vita. 

I'm gonna be honest with you man, that is a hot take. In fairness, the Vita barely got any exclusives. From a technical perspective though I agree with you that Mercenary is actually very impressive. All the same I wasn't impressed and the trophies are bad

• Like 2

Thought the game was pretty overrated when I played the SP a few years ago but wanted to finish it (still regret not going for Resistance 2's 10k kills back in the day), so I booted up the Vita after ages, bought the botzone before it gets delisted on PSTV and immediately had multiple issues with my memory card which basically died when I was trying to make room to redownload this game.

Tried multiple things including safe mode reformatting but it's RIP. I had to order a new card (from the closest reputable seller) and hope it comes within 3 days. What a poor UI system and a hassle this MP turned out to be and I hope they extend it to honor the 90 days just out of good faith. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SliK6SiK said:

Thought the game was pretty overrated when I played the SP a few years ago but wanted to finish it (still regret not going for Resistance 2's 10k kills back in the day), so I booted up the Vita after ages, bought the botzone before it gets delisted on PSTV and immediately had multiple issues with my memory card which basically died when I was trying to make room to redownload this game.

Tried multiple things including safe mode reformatting but it's RIP. I had to order a new card (from the closest reputable seller) and hope it comes within 3 days. What a poor UI system and a hassle this MP turned out to be and I hope they extend it to honor the 90 days just out of good faith. 

This might not be what you want to hear, but I could not get any multiplayer/botzone matches to load if I played the digital version from PS+, instead getting Error C2-12828-1 and kicked out of the software every single time. That's apparently a notorious error to get: https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/31ou95/beware_of_error_code_c2128281_it_may_kill_your/

I decided to see if maybe I could find the physical Vita cart I had from years ago, and once I did, I started playing with that and haven't had a single error since. This might not explain or have anything to do with what happened with your memory card, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

• Like 1

Ooooft. Very lucky to see this thread as I hadn't heard about this closure anywhere else. Thanks, OP.

Haven't touched the game in a couple of years, but my remaining trophies mostly look OK.

Just to check, 'Full Deck' should be fully doable offline, right? Seem to remember I've nearly done 100 multiplayer matches and haven't got all the intel. So probably OK there anyway.

Seems like 'Aces High' may be tied to the servers though?

If so I guess I'll be hitting the game hard until I snag that one...

40 minutes ago, amplifiedAnt said:

Ooooft. Very lucky to see this thread as I hadn't heard about this closure anywhere else. Thanks, OP.

Haven't touched the game in a couple of years, but my remaining trophies mostly look OK.

Just to check, 'Full Deck' should be fully doable offline, right? Seem to remember I've nearly done 100 multiplayer matches and haven't got all the intel. So probably OK there anyway.

Seems like 'Aces High' may be tied to the servers though?

If so I guess I'll be hitting the game hard until I snag that one...

Yes, Full Deck is doable offline, but you can make things easier by getting as many as you can in multiplayer matches before you start getting all the intel since the 3 cards per level you earn are always ones you haven't earned yet.

Aces High is definitely tied to the servers, as it's based on comparing your earnings to those of other players.

• Like 1

On 24/07/2022 at 1:11 PM, Lordguwa said:

skipping mercenary. that aces high requirement combined with a limited time limit isn't worth going for me anyway.

Booted the game up for the first time 6 days ago and only seriously tried for Aces in yesterday's grind, once. Trophy popped. All is left from online is the 100 matches thing (and I've done about 56-ish so far).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cloud_Squall78 said:

This might not be what you want to hear, but I could not get any multiplayer/botzone matches to load if I played the digital version from PS+, instead getting Error C2-12828-1 and kicked out of the software every single time. That's apparently a notorious error to get: https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/31ou95/beware_of_error_code_c2128281_it_may_kill_your/

I decided to see if maybe I could find the physical Vita cart I had from years ago, and once I did, I started playing with that and haven't had a single error since. This might not explain or have anything to do with what happened with your memory card, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Dang that sucks, mine is the PS+ version lol. I didn't have an issue back in 2017 when I played it though and this issue now was before I even redownloaded it so fingers crossed. Others here must be playing the digital as well. It's all good, if it doesn't work, I at least upgraded the 8GB card to 16GB.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Eraezr said:

Booted the game up for the first time 6 days ago and only seriously tried for Aces in yesterday's grind, once. Trophy popped. All is left from online is the 100 matches thing (and I've done about 56-ish so far).

mind sharing what u did to get the trophy? 

1 hour ago, ConAir said:

First of all, have fun playing!

Focus on the couple of mp Trophies that are hard to do in Botzone (Botzone separate DLC €2.49). Redeemer, Filthy Hands off and perhaps Spangled, even though I got it just by playing.

And than there is Aces High that requires an online connection and compares your rank to others. I will just say what everyone says. Play through the campaign (or at least the first mission) to unlock contracts. Pick first mission at Demolition Veteran difficulty and repeat that several times. Server resets at 7AM GMT/9AM CET.

Also to add to this, there is a bit of a "delayed reaction" when going for Aces High. So if after day 1 of boosting veteran contracts, you don't get Ace, don't be discouraged. Continue boosting on day 2, even the same amount of time, and hopefully the second daily ranking you get will be the Ace. If not, then you may want to add a few more runs of the contract each day until you get Ace.

• Like 1

thank you both.

I just started the MP and got many trophies naturally (even prevent a comrade from being interrogated).

I must say the game is rly fun. Im enjoying it so far.

But the 10k kills seems rly annoying.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bilal_Ibrahim said:

thank you both.

I just started the MP and got many trophies naturally (even prevent a comrade from being interrogated).

I must say the game is rly fun. Im enjoying it so far.

But the 10k kills seems rly annoying.

I remember when going for this in 2014 and had all the other trophies with ~ 5000 kills. I'd grind out about 500 kills a day for 10 days to break up the tedious grind. 

17 hours ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

mind sharing what u did to get the trophy? 

First mission Demolition - Gold difficulty. x7

First mission Demolition - Silver difficulty. x1  <---this was accidental, 7th replay was supposed to be gold so I started over after finishing the silver playthrough.

Edited by Eraezr

On 30/07/2022 at 9:01 AM, Eraezr said:

First mission Demolition - Gold difficulty. x7

First mission Demolition - Silver difficulty. x1  <---this was accidental, 7th replay was supposed to be gold so I started over after finishing the silver playthrough.

I did justice for all demolition on vet 9-10 times yesterday and I only got a king, did you do anything else or am I just gonna have to suck it up and do a few more runs tonight?

22 minutes ago, KiIIed_by_Death said:

I did justice for all demolition on vet 9-10 times yesterday and I only got a king, did you do anything else or am I just gonna have to suck it up and do a few more runs tonight?

It's probably getting tougher each passing day as more and more people try the same thing, meaning the requirement gets higher and higher (I assume), but I'd say keep at it and farm as much money as you can.

Edited by UndreyVITA

17 hours ago, KiIIed_by_Death said:

That's all I did. I suspect other factors in this are the current card ranking you had before king & how much other players are grinding in your server region. It ranks you like that. Perhaps someone can test this out with a VPN Hotspot/VPN WiFi if your region is being too tough.

Edited by Eraezr

On 29/07/2022 at 6:11 AM, amplifiedAnt said:

Haaaa. I clearly didn't look very carefully at which trophies I already have...

Started trying to grind towards 'Aces High' this morning. Went to the leaderboard to check how much I'd earned and saw that my 'Peak Valor' rating is Ace of Clubs.

I earned the trophy in 2014 and just didn't realise. ?‍♂️

Good luck to anyone that still needs it. I'm rooting for you!

• Like 1

Anyone else having issues getting a valor update to happen? I'm connected to the servers just fine, I even played a whole MP match just to really test it. I grinded a lot last night and stayed up until the reset time, and I haven't gotten that popup to show up at all since. I had it a few times before the reset telling me I stayed at King, which was expected. I've rebooted the game and my whole Vita probably 30+ times today and just haven't gotten the update popup. I tried playing a mission or two and still nothing.

1 hour ago, Erzie said:

Anyone else having issues getting a valor update to happen? I'm connected to the servers just fine, I even played a whole MP match just to really test it. I grinded a lot last night and stayed up until the reset time, and I haven't gotten that popup to show up at all since. I had it a few times before the reset telling me I stayed at King, which was expected. I've rebooted the game and my whole Vita probably 30+ times today and just haven't gotten the update popup. I tried playing a mission or two and still nothing.

Yeah, I had that too. Reported it a few pages back or another topic of this forum. Just check the leaderboard for your current status. 

I am in the same situation, the card they give is not my actual status at that moment. It was the status of the day before.

I was 9 at Tuesday's morning. At the end of the day they give the 9 card.... but my status at the end of the day was a King. Right Now I am King in the leaderboard but I dont have the card...

If there will be a new update I am worried about the trophy. If the trophy pops up with the card you have on the leaderboard its ok.... But if it just pop up with the card they give me.... 

Imagine I achieve ace this night.... but they just give me the card I have right now (king)... It's like some kind of delay

• Like 1