Servers Going Offline August 12th

UndreyVITA

10 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

I don’t know why these clowns complain every time a game goes dead from online getting shutdown, then blame the developer for everything. 

You had nearly a decade to do the multiplayer. If that wasn't enough time or you had a family commitment, then I don’t know what to tell you.

There’s going to be the same types of people bitching when Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood, Revelations and III as well as Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Blacklist all get their servers shut on September 1st. 

Waiting until the last minute for a 10 year old game and then realizing it’s too late to do the online, that’s entirely your fault. 

i'm sure you can move on. 

I also think you could just post one message on either this mercenary forum and the shadow fall one. Also why the need to prove a point against players oppinions that complained days ago, and have probably moved on by then? 

It's in the past now, people can say its sad they didn't get the chance. But why suppress their feeling? It's the perfect definition of man toxity : "you shouldn't be sad, you shouldn't be that, you shouldn't share your feelings, its not masculine" yea yea yea, should make a song about that

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bunshing said:

i'm sure you can move on. 

I also think you could just post one message on either this mercenary forum and the shadow fall one. Also why the need to prove a point against players oppinions that complained days ago, and have probably moved on by then? 

It's in the past now, people can say its sad they didn't get the chance. But why suppress their feeling? It's the perfect definition of man toxity : "you shouldn't be sad, you shouldn't be that, you shouldn't share your feelings, its not masculine" yea yea yea, should make a song about that

Because it’s the same crap every single time. I have family. I work two jobs. I was caught up in life. On and on and on. 

The three week notice for the two Killzone games was shitty, but that doesn’t change the likelihood that there will be at least a few people butthurt that they couldn’t get the online done in time. 

As a general rule, always do the online first. That’s what I’m doing for Watch Dogs 1 and I’ll be doing the same for Watch Dogs 2. 

Assuming that more people here play for fun, they shouldn’t let online trophies deter their enjoyment.

9 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Because it’s the same crap every single time. I have family. I work two jobs. I was caught up in life. On and on and on. 

The three week notice for the two Killzone games was shitty, but that doesn’t change the likelihood that there will be at least a few people butthurt that they couldn’t get the online done in time. 

As a general rule, always do the online first. That’s what I’m doing for Watch Dogs 1 and I’ll be doing the same for Watch Dogs 2. 

Assuming that more people here play for fun, they shouldn’t let online trophies deter their enjoyment.

I don't know about other people, but I'm just upset that the servers are offline because I enjoyed the multiplayer and hate the fact that a major part of a game is completely inaccessible. Not being able to get the trophies does suck too though, especially for people who just got into the game over the past few years.

If you're annoyed by these complaints, just scroll past them and ignore them. You're most likely only finding them in threads about the games anyway. We're just in a new phase of gaming where the first proper online generation (PS3/360) is now getting old, and as such we're seeing server closures like we haven't seen in past generations, and people are upset about it, and rightfully so.

• Like 1

On 16.8.2022 at 7:21 AM, AJ_Radio said:

I don’t know why these clowns complain every time a game goes dead from online getting shutdown, then blame the developer for everything. 

You had nearly a decade to do the multiplayer. If that wasn't enough time or you had a family commitment, then I don’t know what to tell you.

There’s going to be the same types of people bitching when Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood, Revelations and III as well as Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Blacklist all get their servers shut on September 1st. 

Waiting until the last minute for a 10 year old game and then realizing it’s too late to do the online, that’s entirely your fault. 

The only clown I can see here is someone complaining about other people complaining. Even though said person (yeah its you) complains in each topic about some random shovelware game or about Sony in california or about AC Brotherhood where you admit not bothering with completing it even though you had time to complete it like a Million times already if you would just stop complaining. 

"Do the online first!" Thanks sherlock. But this Doesnt help when you dont own or even knew said game (like me with Agents of mayhem where I only learned about its existence after shutdown). 

Edited by Alex_Gorbatschow
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, UndreyVITA said:

I don't know about other people, but I'm just upset that the servers are offline because I enjoyed the multiplayer and hate the fact that a major part of a game is completely inaccessible. Not being able to get the trophies does suck too though, especially for people who just got into the game over the past few years.

If you're annoyed by these complaints, just scroll past them and ignore them. You're most likely only finding them in threads about the games anyway. We're just in a new phase of gaming where the first proper online generation (PS3/360) is now getting old, and as such we're seeing server closures like we haven't seen in past generations, and people are upset about it, and rightfully so.

The fact is I did Killzone Mercenary so I know how much of a grind that game is. You had to do 100 multiplayer rounds, which I assume everybody just did it with bots but you had to have the trophy pop in an actual online match with other people. The trophy for surviving a tranquilizer also had to be boosted since the bots didn't use one on their own, if they did use it then it never happened in all the matches I did.

People that are still playing older PS3 and Xbox 360 games for trophies are a minority in a minority as most have moved on to PS4 and PS5 games. Those that dropped the games and moved on long ago don't count whatsoever, it's the people coming back after a decade, realize they can't do the online, then complain about it here on the forums.

I've seen this for every other game since Killzone 2 was announced to shutdown back in 2018, and it just gets tiring to hear the same types of people gripe. Most of the time it's people who don't finish most of their games anyway, so missing out on a few games here and there shouldn't be a big deal.

16 minutes ago, Alex_Gorbatschow said:

The only clown I can see here is someone complaining about other people complaining. Even though said person (yeah its you) complains in each topic about some random shovelware game or about Sony in california or about AC Brotherhood where you admit not bothering with completing it even though you had time to complete it like a Million times already if you would just stop complaining. 

"Do the online first!" Thanks sherlock. But this Doesnt help when you dont own or even knew said game (like me with Agents of mayhem where I only learned about its existence after shutdown). 

I did AC Brotherhood last week, so that argument isn't valid. As for the other two, just scroll past my complaints if they bother you so much, just like what someone else just said to me.

I'm not the one hurting here. Apparently you are, since you seem to have an issue with those who are outspoken. If you care about the platinum trophy, and it has online trophies, then do the online first. That's my only advice I can give you. If you didn't get the platinum in time, then tough shit. You can't expect to have everything handed to you in life.

Just now, AJ_Radio said:

The fact is I did Killzone Mercenary so I know how much of a grind that game is. You had to do 100 multiplayer rounds, which I assume everybody just did it with bots but you had to have the trophy pop in an actual online match with other people. The trophy for surviving a tranquilizer also had to be boosted since the bots didn't use one on their own, if they did use it then it never happened in all the matches I did.

People that are still playing older PS3 and Xbox 360 games for trophies are a minority in a minority as most have moved on to PS4 and PS5 games. Those that dropped the games and moved on long ago don't count whatsoever, it's the people coming back after a decade, realize they can't do the online, then complain about it here on the forums.

I've seen this for every other game since Killzone 2 was announced to shutdown back in 2018, and it just gets tiring to hear the same types of people gripe. Most of the time it's people who don't finish most of their games anyway, so missing out on a few games here and there shouldn't be a big deal.

I did AC Brotherhood last week, so that argument isn't valid. As for the other two, just scroll past my complaints if they bother you so much, just like what someone else just said to me.

I'm not the one hurting here. Apparently you are, since you seem to have an issue with those who are outspoken. If you care about the platinum trophy, and it has online trophies, then do the online first. That's my only advice I can give you. If you didn't get the platinum in time, then tough shit. You can't expect to have everything handed to you in life.

Oh finally you got ac brotherhood. Finally. Maybe complaining about it helped at the end.

You were basically mocking people who complained about killzone shutting down and called them clowns so it was only fair to make fun about your constant complaining for once (well actually I am far away from being the first person doing that) 

• Like 1