The ROH Discussion Thread

Infected Elite

800px-Ring_of_Honor_logo_2022_-_black_ba

Welcome to the official Ring of Honor thread. In May 2022, AEW Owner Tony Kahn announced he had purchased ROH. As such, July 23rd 2022 was the first event under this new ownership. Death Before Dishonor. 

Feel free to speak about the current ROH product that's starting, or your favorite memories of the old ROH years.

I for one am excited as I've currently been enjoying this event and hopefully we don't see too many AEW/ROH crossovers as they deserve to be their own products. However once a year if they choose to do a collab AEW v ROH ppv similar to past ones between ROH/NJPW, AEW/NJPW, then sure.

Lets discuss 

Death Before Dishonor (2022) highlights:

- Prince Nana returned to takeover Tully Blanchard Enterprises. Now called The Embassy (Brian Cage, Gates of Agony)

- Claudio vs Gresham was a great opener

- Yuta vs Garcia was a great ROH Pure match. 

- The Righteous should get signed, guess that rests on where Vincent is... impact or ROH.

- Briscoes vs FTR 2 out of 3 falls easily 5 star match, id give 7 if i can lol. 7 Star FTR. Best tag match of the year by far! 

Great great show

20 hours ago, buckallmighty said:

What station airs this? Do they even have a weekly episode or anything? Ive been trying to find it every since i heard he had bought it.

I may be wrong but as far as I know they aired their "final" episode in April 2022.  They're obviously not gone but everything's kind of in a state of flux right now after Kahn's purchase.  I believe he's fishing around trying to work out a deal for a new weekly show but don't know if anything has come of it yet.

• Like 1

On 26/07/2022 at 2:10 AM, buckallmighty said:

What station airs this? Do they even have a weekly episode or anything? Ive been trying to find it every since i heard he had bought it.

They have no TV. Word is the recent PPV was to try and impress Discovery executives into giving ROH a TV slot.

As a result I think this thread might be a bit premature, but we'll see if Khan can achieve his brand split or not. They've already got drama with: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2022/07/backstage-news-on-jonathan-gresham-requesting-roh-aew-release/

• 5 months later...