Party Animal help

Lil-Gameboy123

8 hours ago, MrBrock-_- said:

That is super weird because I've been talking to people who recently got the trophy and most of them have said that jumping off repeatedly worked just fine for them. It worked just fine for me to get the 100 matches trophy 2 days ago but 500 just doesn't pop for me. Arcade mode worked on my alt to get the steam achievements up to 100 too. Jumping off the map instantly should still be considered a party match. It's just really stupid and lazy that there isn't a tracker for this in any way.

I know I needed a *lot* of matches and did a mix of things.

I had about 1,250 matches played legitimately on the main account, and unfortunately didn't track them at the time. I just know I received Social Butterfly (25 matches) by partying and playing with random teammates I came across just playing the game.

Then ran with a consistent duo for a while without earning any trophies.

Then boosting, mostly using the arcade easy method, I used TRN to loosely track, and as I said in the previous post - it took just over 100 matches of that (even with allegedly having 25 done from the Social Butterfly trophy) for life of the party, and 750 or so total for party animal.

I just tracked using matches played with the PS4 account.

I will mention I didn't typically run off of the map, waiting at least 20 seconds per match when I did, and made sure to periodically put in some damage on each account every few matches or so.

Once or twice a session I'd switch to a bot game or two as well.

I used random select for the PS4 account and, while I doubt I ever reinstall or go back to the game, used the matches to boost/max out about 7-8 characters on the main account to level 15. Though again, a bunch were close anyhow having played the game a while.

I can't say if it made any difference or not and I don't see how it would, especially as others are saying they automated it successfully, but it eventually worked even if it took more than 1.5x the anticipated number of games. Mostly just changed things periodically for variety and it helped to keep the game from crashing.

That was just a couple of weeks ago, so not sure they would have patched the arcade method in the meantime. It worked on both accounts, even though the other didn't have any of the party match trophies to start with.

It just seems like the tracking in general is somehow off or bugged.

And again, for reference, while using a PS4 and PS5, both were playing the PS4 version.

I never adjusted any crossplay/network/regional settings at all either.

As many already know, this game is going to get shut down in couple of months and I decided to make my experiment for this which works and which not. I have my main account and alt account which I used for testing and I am going to list my foundings based on which (might) count as for Party Animal trophy.

As my alt account, I achieved Social Butterfly trophy by doing 10-15 matches Mode: Bots - Teams and around 15-20 matches in Arcade mode. I started counting matches after couple of Bots - Teams and Arcade mode matches so thats why my calculations arent so accurate. Trophy popped while I was doing Bots - Teams matches. Total matches were around 30 (Teams and Arcade combined) so it seems that not every match counts or somehow it is bugged. Also, almost every match was "Short loss" so atleast those matches counts.

EDIT: Doing only Arcade mode still counts to Party Animal trophy. Just did almost 3-4 hours straight AFK farming using this method:

Edited by VSmoL
New information
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This trophy is still very broken. I've been boosting it for a while now, using the arcade mode boosting technique and using 2 consoles (ps4 with alt on it and ps5 with main). On my PS4 and alt account I got party animal today in the morning, after about 500 games in a party (I don't know the exact number but I never played Multiversus on that account), meanwhile on my main account running on PS5 (and doing ps5 stack) I'm up to 825-ish games in a party (I only really played team modes with party, about 200 normal pvp games with a friend close to launch, rest in the arcade mode) and the trophy still didn't pop out, either this particular trophy is buggy on PS5 version, or mixing and matching modes makes it buggy.
Edit: After grinding for another few days I finally got the trophy and platinum with it, took me 1700+ team games (according to TRN tracker), and I think the key for it to pop for me was to play just normal matchmake games instead of arcade (I did about 1200+ arcade games, and about 500 team matchmake games)

Edited by BeefzoneListener

Echoing the previous post's sentiments about the tracking being off. I had at least 150 games in a party that I did in matchmaking prior to today, and then did over 400 games today using the arcade afk method. Party Animal still has yet to pop. I'd really like it to pop in arcade as the time spent in menus in normal matchmaking is soooooo long. 

I was doing arcade afk method with alt on PS4 and main on PS5 (both playing PS4 version), my alt got 25/100/500 party trophies and main only 25/100 while always getting them later, can't wait to see how this works out, another game with poor stats tracking.

Edited by z_mateusz

On 4/21/2023 at 3:40 AM, z_mateusz said:

I was doing arcade afk method with alt on PS4 and main on PS5 (both playing PS4 version), my alt got 25/100/500 party trophies and main only 25/100 while always getting them later, can't wait to see how this works out, another game with poor stats tracking.

Same thing here. My alt account (running on PC though) got the 500 party wins, but my Playstation account still hasn't popped it yet and I have to be at least a couple hundred matches over 500. Wondering what I should do from here... 

On 7/29/2022 at 0:50 PM, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

It has to be a friend, seeing as how a party has to be formed in the main menu before finding a match.

This is disappointing if that is the case.  

I was content to play this out actually as long as the Team matches 2 vs 2 pvp counted.  You're saying it doesn't count unless someone we play with then joins us forming a team.  Yet you are a team when you start the match.

I'm about ready to give up. This trophy just refuses to pop. I kept track with pen and paper and I'm definitely over the 500 matches in normal matchmaking with other players, which is what I did after 800+ arcade matches failed to pop it. Grr. Trn Tracker says I've played almost 2,500 matches, all of which were in a party except the 300 for the 1v1 trophy. So over 2,000 matches in a party, and no trophy. 

Anyone trying to pop party animal yes trophy is glitched but matches under 30 seconds(short loss) don't count anymore. i have played over 1000matches in a party and no trophy but when i started waiting the matches counted and eventually popped the trophy.(same issue is with match made wins)

EDIT:- Keep going even if it doesn’t pop my friend played over 1000matches in a party and than the trophy was awarded. 

Edited by Sambaka17
  • Like 1

I got Party Animal 2 days ago using the 2 console trick, and rubberbanding one stick and the square button.

Partying up to do Arcade on Easy.

Matches were under 20 seconds, and searching was then automatic (after the setting it up).

The game would crash after a couple of hours too, which you just needed to remake the party.

If it makes any different, I had my PS4 as the host, with a dummy account, and it was also friends with my main which was on PS5.

All the party related trophies popped, this was done over the course of several days too.

Edited by TheBritishBaron

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, ggmaIik said:

Is there any actual way to track how many matches you've played in a party in-game?

https://tracker.gg/multiversus

It’s not accurate though, the site said I had 580 wins when I pop the throne is yours in two stacks. Then I got 2 animal party trophies when it said I played 12xx matches in a party.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, archangeltw_ said:

https://tracker.gg/multiversus

It’s not accurate though, the site said I had 580 wins when I pop the throne is yours in two stacks. Then I got 2 animal party trophies when it said I played 12xx matches in a party.

Does that site tell you how many of your team matches were played in a party? I'm on it rn, but I'm only seeing how many team matches I've played in general, not how many I've played specifically in a party

1 hour ago, ggmaIik said:

Does that site tell you how many of your team matches were played in a party? I'm on it right now but I'm only seeing how many team matches I've played in general, not how many I've played specifically in a party.

No.

4 hours ago, Lil-Gameboy123 said:

Can anyone confirm if the online servers are still open at the time of writing this? I’m not sure if they already closed up shop today or if they’re still going. It’s also so I can update the guide when it’s officially closed.

It goes down 02:00 european time its still up and im still grinding on party animal rn

11 hours ago, ggmaIik said:

I think the site might be messed up, it just randomly stopped counting my matches and it's currently stuck at 450. I haven't been keeping count, so idek how many matches I've done since that point.

Yeah I don’t think it tracks accurately. 

9 hours ago, Lil-Gameboy123 said:

Can anyone confirm if the online servers are still open at the time of writing this? I’m not sure if they already closed up shop today or if they’re still going. It’s also so I can update the guide when it’s officially closed.

Servers close in 10 minutes as of submitting this very post/reply.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lil-Gameboy123 said:

Multiverse is now officially shutdown and the game gives an error message if you want to play it and crashes making all trophies unobtainable 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Dry said:

Servers close in 10 minutes as of submitting this very post/reply.

4 hours ago, SerhanTheAssasin said:

Multiverse is now officially shutdown and the game gives an error message if you want to play it and crashes making all trophies unobtainable 

The guide has been updated to reflect on the error messages and the confirmed shutdown. Until the devs fix that bullcrap (if they ever do), every single trophy will be unobtainable until 2024. Until then, thank you all for playing and thank you for using mine and Valzentia’s guide!

• Like 4