Glitch Question: Trophies on Second Playthrough

TimEatsApples

I just beat the game without reading a trophy guide and hadn't realized all of the issues with glitches. I missed some early boss trophies before realizing you had to fully close the game after each trophy to get the next to pop.

I got as far as 100% Clear and then beat Briar, but his trophy didn't pop. Then I read that the 100% trophies are double glitched.

I figured I'd be able to hoover up the remaining trophies on my Speedrun playthrough. I cleared my save data and started a new game. I even deleted and reinstalled to be on the safe side.

However, when I started the speedrun, I beat Temple Seer but the trophy still didn't pop. Am I locked out of 100%ing the game forever? I had figured it would be possible to get new trophies on a fresh install, since the guide recommends a second run for the speedrun trophy.

Does anyone know if there's anything I can do to start earning the remaining trophies for this game?

• 4 weeks later...

Glitch won't let you get more then 1 trophy per game opened. You still can get 100% just out of order.

You really need to re-open game when guide says you have to.

I had to figure it out on my own and had to 100% this game twice doing so

Free game minefield has this glitch too

Edited by WiktorM101
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

My problem is that I now can't get any trophies even on a fresh install. I've beaten the game once, earning 6 trophies including 100% Clear (which I suspect is the problem), and now even the basic boss trophies I missed because of the glitch won't pop for me.

This is a new install and I deleted the original save data, but the trophy list is stuck.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there any way to earn new trophies on my account or am I completely locked out?

One other thing to keep in mind- make sure you ignore a health upgrade on purpose when going for 100% items. For whatever reason if you get all of the upgrades and then the cards you might not get the trophy, so get every card, then grab that last fairy you missed.

Spoiler

100% Clear (which I suspect is the problem)

It is not

To be clear. You:

1) Reintalled your game 

2) Deleted your save

3) Defeated the Grotto Rogue or Temple Seer or Cavern Wall or Circus Servants or Hotel Manager.

4) Didn't get any trophy.

Is that the case?

And you quit the game before boss fights, right?

Edited by WiktorM101

Yes, that's right. I've followed those steps and can't get any boss (or any other) trophy to unlock.

I haven't played again since posting the initial query in July though, so it's possible it'll be magically fixed now. But at the time, yes, on a fresh install, fresh save file, quitting before the boss, I couldn't get the trophies to unlock at all on defeating them.

Edited by TimEatsApples

Never mind, just got the Temple Seer trophy. Really not sure what I did differently this time - it was another fresh install, no save data, quit and loaded before the boss, but I did all that last time.

Thanks for your help. Guess now I actually have to do the speedrun trophy sometime :D

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 2022-08-18 at 9:11 PM, WiktorM101 said:

Glitch won't let you get more then 1 trophy per game opened. You still can get 100% just out of order.

You really need to re-open game when guide says you have to.

I had to figure it out on my own and had to 100% this game twice doing so

Free game minefield has this glitch too

What an absurd glitch. How have they not bothered fixing this?

I’d like to check this game out, and since it’s so short I probably still will. But the various glitches listed in this thread and in the trophy guide make it sound broken as hell and possibly more trouble than it’s worth. 

1 hour ago, dieselmanchild said:

What an absurd glitch. How have they not bothered fixing this?

Agree that's absurd but I don't know if it is easly fixable.

Like they can't probably program the glitch if you try let alone fixi it. Something has to be very wrong there.

Anyway, glitch is not as bad as some games tend to have. Here at least you know you will get the trophy

Edited by WiktorM101

4 minutes ago, WiktorM101 said:

Agree that's absurd but I don't know if it is easly fixable.

Like they can't probably program the glitch if you try let alone fixi it. Something has to be very wrong there.

Anyway, glitch is not as bad as some games tend to have. Here at least you know you will get the trophy

I agree there has to be something very wrong if the game only lets you unlock one trophy per session. I’m no programmer though so I’m not sure what would cause a glitch like that or how complicated it would be to fix it. It doesn’t sound like the developers were programmers either though lol ?

According to a YT comment I read on one of the reviews, the game began as a student project while they were learning to code in college and evolved from there. Anodyne’s roots as an amateur project would certainly explain all the little bugs and errors and stuff I’ve been reading about, but it does look like they nailed the atmosphere and nostalgic Zelda-like look and feel to the game. I think I will still try this one, I just hope the glitches aren’t too frustrating.