Rumor, Roller Champions will be discontinued after season 3

mcnichoj

Wtf the game barely exists. It's a good and fun game, but it's a shame that it depends on the audience to stay alive.

Feels like it’s similar with what happened with Hyper Scape, a little hype when it launched and then nobody played after the first week.

Edit: I guess someone beat me to it ?

Edited by shxrpay
  • Like 3

I think they forgot the game existed and released it just to lose the less amount of money possible. Ubi is constantly trying to find their own GTA/Fortnite and it isn't working. The same with Skull & Bones, they are forced to release it this year because of the pressure from the Singapur's government, but it's not ready yet. Also Riders, that battle royale game, etc.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SqualllK said:

Any risks about servers closures in your guys opnion even if they drop supporting the game?

I guess It's time to focus and get the trophies asap before its too late lol

It's anyone's guess. They could leave it up like Project Darwin but considering how trigger happy Ubisoft is with servers (remember the shit they just tried to pull with a bunch of PS3/360 games?) I wouldn't hold out too long if you want this completion.

I don't think it's particularly hard, just a bit of a grind. Could probably get boost sessions going at off peak hours.

• Like 3

Wow. That’s fast.

I remember playing Hyper Scape during launch week & all hype (player base, twitch viewership) I’m assuming revenue fell off a cliff. I revisited the game a little under a year and a half later and luckily cleaned all of the trophies up due to their TDM style mode rather than Battle Royale. I don’t remember when they stopped support, but I think it was 18-20 months when they shut off servers. This game seems like it’ll beat that record in dev time & likely time until server shutdown.

Yikes.

• Like 2

WOW I would like to act surprised but that’s not realistic ?. I knew they would give up on this game pretty fast. There was like ZERO buzz, no one was talking about it, none of my friends played it or knew it even existed ? I didn‘t even bother playing it since all you do is going in circles and throw a ball once in a while ?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SqualllK said:

Any risks about servers closures in your guys opnion even if they drop supporting the game?

I guess It's time to focus and get the trophies asap before its too late lol

Considering they closed Hyper Scape barely 2 years after it came out, it really wouldn't surprise me if they did the same here.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/ubisofts-roller-champions-will-soon-be-cancelled-its-claimed/

Speaking on the Xbox Era podcast, Giant Bomb journalist Jeff Grubb claimed that “Roller Champions is gonna be cancelled after Season 3,” reading a message from a source.

No one is watching on twitch and queue times are not great.

NO,NO,NO. NOT WHEN I AM ABOUT TO GO ON HOLIDAY FOR 4 WEEKS.

welp, it's on my profile so i guess i will protzite it when i get back

Small Update about this Topic:

Looks like it was false information, Roller Champions made an Statement on Twitter it doesn't look like it will be discontinued anytime soon.

But since it is an Ubisoft Game and after what happened to Hyper Scape i will definitely make sure to finish this game as soon as possible so I can cross it off my backlog.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, mcnichoj said:

We've seen numerous official statements about how companies "support their developers visions, yada, yada" and then the thing still gets axed shortly after.

I won't give an exact date for when it will go down but I'd be surprised if the official servers are still running come 2024.

Thought exactly the same, thats why i said "after what happened to Hyper Scape" because yeah it's just another Ubisoft Game, right? 

Shutting down servers has become almost a daily occurrence for them. (Exaggeratedly said but I think you understand what I mean)

• Like 3