"Date and time are placeholder" has ruined gaming sessions

I agree with @Helyx's suggestion.  If sessions didn't work for my time zone, I just set up my own sessions.  As far as the placeholder sessions, I found out that if you do sign up for those, usually the person who posted them might send you a PM with a set time once he sees how many people are actually interested.

• Like 4

I have created some past sessions.  I somewhat agree.  It would be nice instead if a set date and time wasn't mandatory to create the session and have an option like "Flexible hours - willing to work out a date and time comfortable for both of us".  However, I think the set date and time also acts as an expiration date for the session.

• Like 1

Agreed. My issue with "time and date are placeholders" is that it never turns into a gaming session. It's more of a PSA. I create these non-sessions, mainly to attract people who are interested and bring them over to discord where we can actually plan around work and time zones. Other than that, I know I don't take it seriously, even if I join somebody else's session. The session leader sort of leaves the planning up to the participants and that never works. They're going to forget, lose interest, or make other plans, and the gaming session will lead to nothing.

The only real thing to combat this is to take the conversation elsewhere like PS messaging or discord- or simply make a planned and scheduled session

• Like 2

I respectfully disagree, although I've not scheduled any gaming sessions, so I've not experienced it from that side. I have joined a fair few gaming sessions and I've found it quite helpful when people have some flexibility and times to suit all participants can be worked out together. Just my personal tuppence worth.

15 minutes ago, JunkSkelington said:

if i put the time is not a placeholder people still no show because of the site wide shift towards session times not being meaningful. 

Correlation is not causation. People have complained about no-shows since Sly implemented sessions and was the motivator for a lot of them advocating for a session feedback function.

• Like 1

If the description says 'date and time are placeholders' - I don't see an issue. It's still putting people together for the same cause and communication is key to find the right time and date. 

I have been in many groups, some with rigid times to stick to, and others that are flexible to accomodate the needs of everyone in the group. I don't see the issue if you communicate with the host anyway. 

I rarely use sessions, but I learned pretty quickly that if you want it to work out as planned with multiple people, you have to be extremely organized. Create PSN chat groups, add them on PSN, add them on Discord and try to be in constant communication with them in some way, shape, or form.

Whether you plan it for a certain time or if it's a placeholder, it's important to be communicating with them before the session goes off so they understand how it's going to go and to ensure that they will be there. Otherwise, it's not going to go well no matter how simple the trophy is.

• Like 3

I use "date and time is a placeholder" in gaming sessions as a means to be flexible. Due to time zones it's difficult to know who gets on at what time. If I'm the host I always message the people that joined in order to find a solution through communication. Worked well so far! :P Always do the online trophies first kiddies!

• Like 4

Placeholder time sessions shouldn't be allowed. What should be done instead is the host picks a time that works for them and says: "if another time works better for you, comment/message me and we can try to work out a better time. But until then, this is when the session is happening."

• Like 1

that's why I gave up on boosting online trophies, you have to become a multilingual agent/manager and handle your group's schedule and make sure they can make it, manage, work around, no thanks, I'd rather not earn those trophies than start a new job

• Like 2