"Date and time are placeholder" has ruined gaming sessions

22 minutes ago, JackyIsMad said:

bruh chill, its a video game, also time zones dont mean shit, i often play at 3 am to play with people in different time zones, or im getting up at 10 am, its almost like just because you live within the same time zone doesn't mean you can play at the same time. and yeah i dont have to allow everyone to join the session, but instead of combing though recent players, its handy to have an area to find people that would be willing to cooperate and find a time that works for everyone. not everyone who owns re5 joined my session, and look even with by placeholder session, already found someone to play, and we already started playing

My experience vary, frien’. I had several successful sessions with strict times. For instance just recently a guy set a time and date for RIDE. Even though I had this game platiniumed I joined to help. He was a bit astonished (is that rare here to play a game after platinium)… but why not? If you like the game… anyway we had 2 hours of fun and he got all the trophies he needed. While on the other hand the idiot-holders sessions were constantly postponed over and over. Concrete time & date means they respect your time and if you can adjust you do, if you cannot you walk away and/or search for other session that matches your schedule. I believe sessions here are meant for a specific time to be set so you can browse for sessions available to you at the specific time. Not just join a group and debate when or where or what. Imagine you buy a ticket for a plane trip to another country, but when you browse throught times the only thing you see are „placeholders”, like you know you can fly there but let’s gather a group and deliberate where and when we fly together. Well, get out with this idea.
Time zones don’t mean anything for you? Well they does if you live on this planet.
You chill too.

• Like 1

For me any session that is not a placeholder is a sign of someone who think that whoever joins in their session will automatically be fine with the proposed time and there won't be unexpected events. Things don't (usually) work as planned regarding gaming sessions.

I have hosted something like 70 successful gaming sessions, each of them as placeholder. I know that several people that join in a gaming session are not reliable, don't read anything about the session itself or think that trophies will magically pop in their profile upon joining in. I can't predict what time can be fine for whoever joins in (and I know they most likely not pay attention to the gaming session time, not to mention the time zone which is something a lot more people than what you think don't know what it is) so I will make a placeholder instead and contact them afterwards to check their schedule and compatibility with the group, while specify in my session's description an extimated time, defined ultimately in private after the group is full.

Communication and organization are the most important things when creating a group, when these lack everything will be a mess, I know that as i joined in a few gaming sessions without any placeholder and barely any info and those sessions had been a mess that caused several extra hours required to finish (or that failed to begin), while with my way I managed to boost games like Riddick, Red Faction Guerrilla, Lost Planet 2 (14 people group), Binary Domain and many more that require a large group and an organization.

Currently I have been postponing my inversion group for over half an year, and not because I'm lazy but simply because I have been struggling to find the last people I need.

• Like 2

On 7/31/2022 at 6:06 AM, Aluminium_Sirius said:

My experience vary, frien’. I had several successful sessions with strict times. For instance just recently a guy set a time and date for RIDE. Even though I had this game platiniumed I joined to help. He was a bit astonished (is that rare here to play a game after platinium)… but why not? If you like the game… anyway we had 2 hours of fun and he got all the trophies he needed. While on the other hand the idiot-holders sessions were constantly postponed over and over. Concrete time & date means they respect your time and if you can adjust you do, if you cannot you walk away and/or search for other session that matches your schedule. I believe sessions here are meant for a specific time to be set so you can browse for sessions available to you at the specific time. Not just join a group and debate when or where or what. Imagine you buy a ticket for a plane trip to another country, but when you browse throught times the only thing you see are „placeholders”, like you know you can fly there but let’s gather a group and deliberate where and when we fly together. Well, get out with this idea.
Time zones don’t mean anything for you? Well they does if you live on this planet.
You chill too.

see the difference between you and me, is that your are intentionally going into sessions  and commenting, wasting everyone's time. the plane analogy makes no sense, you aren't paying to host or attend a boosting session, if anything joining a boosting session is more like buying a subway pass, because now the intention is clear, but if you miss the 5:00pm train, guess what, there is another in 5 minutes, you aren't stranded in an airport for 10 hours. and yes time zones dont matter, because not everyone works a 9 to 5, so if i just tried to work with people in my timezone id never get anything done. and really "idiot-holders"? your an adult, you just sound silly. i agree that specific times can be useful i you are looking for a game to play immedietly, but my main point, is there should also be a way to not have to set a time in a boosting session, so instead of haivng to add time/date placeholders, the session can be without times can be clear that they are gathering a group before setting a time, and maybe they can be filtered in the session search, that way YOU can avoid them instead of getting all upset

Number of players and the anticipated length of the session really matter. If it's just you and one other person, having a placeholder time and date really isn't a big deal as it usually isn't that hard to coordinate. But if a trophy requires 4+ people, I prefer a preset time, especially because I can look at the time in the session and say "Yes I can make that" or "No I can't make that" when I sign up. If I sign up for a placeholder time, and one other player is only available while I'm at work or vice versa, well we just made things harder for everyone and possibly exclude people who sign up. 

• Like 2