benny_2_2

How to unlock Extra Ball?

8 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any advice or tips on what to do to unlock the Extra Ball?  I’ve seen a video on YouTube that shows it, but without an explanation it’s difficult to work out what they did exactly. Thanks.

A recurring theme from this developer, which seem to forget that a good pinball game (e.g. Zen Pinball or Pinball Arcade) actually explains the table mechanics.

To answer my own question, the steps required to unlock the Extra Ball are:

1) Get the ball on the top level

2) Keep hitting the buoy in the top left corner until the red ladder structure has moved twice

3) Hit the ball into the gap on the right beneath the ladder so it runs up it and drops back to the lower level

4) The large shark should now have opened its mouth, “Mission Start” will appear in the upper text box, and 8 barrels will appear (5 on the lower level & 3 on the top level)

5) You now have 60 seconds to hit and destroy all 8 barrels, and doing so will unlock the Extra Ball. If the ball goes out of play, get eaten by the shark, or the time limit reach zero the mission will fail and you will need to try again.

On 02/08/2022 at 2:29 AM, benny_2_2 said:

To answer my own question, the steps required to unlock the Extra Ball are:

1) Get the ball on the top level

2) Keep hitting the buoy in the top left corner until the red ladder structure has moved twice

3) Hit the ball into the gap on the right beneath the ladder so it runs up it and drops back to the lower level

4) The large shark should now have opened its mouth, “Mission Start” will appear in the upper text box, and 8 barrels will appear (5 on the lower level & 3 on the top level)

5) You now have 60 seconds to hit and destroy all 8 barrels, and doing so will unlock the Extra Ball. If the ball goes out of play, get eaten by the shark, or the time limit reach zero the mission will fail and you will need to try again.

Do you have any clue for how to go upper when you want and not by luck?

I mean… if you hit the shark with force you have a chance to go there when the ball bounce the left side, but not always it works, and if you use this method the shark will eat the ball. I want a clean path and solution to get there anytime I want. 

2 hours ago, LocaJogos said:

Do you have any clue for how to go upper when you want and not by luck?

I mean… if you hit the shark with force you have a chance to go there when the ball bounce the left side, but not always it works, and if you use this method the shark will eat the ball. I want a clean path and solution to get there anytime I want. 

I didn’t find a way to guarantee a way to get the ball onto the upper section. I tried to get a good solid hit to send the ball to the upper left section of the table above the shark, and hope for the best.

1 hour ago, benny_2_2 said:

I didn’t find a way to guarantee a way to get the ball onto the upper section. I tried to get a good solid hit to send the ball to the upper left section of the table above the shark, and hope for the best.

Thanks man...

Just to illustrate, the red line is the most accurate to go upper, but it seems it has some resistance in  the end, since not always you hit there you can go up AND you need to hit the shark, when it's with open mouth... you're dead xD.

The green line is sooo obscure, sometimes I get there, but it's very hard, maybe a closed passage? If it is..how to get it open? But would be the safest path.

mfswVm3_72cNWEJWHzC3oUivo1viMbYk3yyAU0K9

In this video at this moment the ball go up from the center of screen hahahaha, bug?
From 03:30 to 03:35

Edited by LocaJogos
Content add

3 hours ago, LocaJogos said:

Thanks man...

Just to illustrate, the red line is the most accurate to go upper, but it seems it has some resistance in  the end, since not always you hit there you can go up AND you need to hit the shark, when it's with open mouth... you're dead xD.

The green line is sooo obscure, sometimes I get there, but it's very hard, maybe a closed passage? If it is..how to get it open? But would be the safest path.

Nice work with the lines! I couldn’t get the Red Line to work consistently so tended to try your Green Line most of the time - but it came down to luck mostly.

This is my Extra Ball run:

I got lucky when I let the ball fall with one barrel left on the top shelf, but managed to get it back up again.

3 hours ago, benny_2_2 said:

Nice work with the lines! I couldn’t get the Red Line to work consistently so tended to try your Green Line most of the time - but it came down to luck mostly.

This is my Extra Ball run:

I got lucky when I let the ball fall with one barrel left on the top shelf, but managed to get it back up again.

Great run!

I finally got it, unfortunately… all luck based, but my pain is over now. Thanks for all your help man xD