Are completionist and you will die soon trophy still buggy?

Hello,

I am on ps5 and have the goty edition, I am trying to do the Secret Armory of General Knoxx DLC trophies and I did just read the guide which says that the completionist and the you will die soon trophy are bugged sometimes. If I get this right I should not do the marcus side missions before I haven't finished the main story, is this correct? And how about the you will die soon trophy, I did read that if someone else kill him for me it could glitch the trophy for me? Is this still true and did they patch both bugs/glitches meanwhile? Plus I am not sure how to kill Crawmerax all alone lol, I tried and tried it with my lvl 69 soldier and I failed everytime lol, using the ledge glitch didn't work either for me. 

Thank you

Edited by Afura_33

Completionist has always and will always be a buggy POS, because Gearbox couldn't be bothered to fix it in any version of the game but I've never heard of any there being any issues with the Vincible trophy. The Corner Safe Spot exploit has always been a bit finicky about working but the devs partially fixed it in the PS4 version by altering the collision detection in that one spot so it's far more unreliable than it was in the PS3 release.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

Completionist has always and will always be a buggy POS, because Gearbox couldn't be bothered to fix it in any version of the game but I've never heard of any there being any issues with the Vincible trophy. The Corner Safe Spot exploit has always been a bit finicky about working but the devs partially fixed it in the PS4 version by altering the collision detection in that one spot so it's far more unreliable than it was in the PS3 release.

I thought they maybe would have fixed it, but I guess the game is jus too old. 

Hmmm i did hear about that if you join a co-op game you could mess up some of the side missions not being counted, but not sure if this is true, but I think it is also written in the guide. 

I tried the cornser safe spot, it somehow didn't work for me, maybe I am just too dumb for it lol. 

Edited by Afura_33

3 hours ago, Afura_33 said:

I thought they maybe would have fixed it, but I guess the game is jus too old. 

Hmmm i did hear about that if you join a co-op game you could mess up some of the side missions not being counted, but not sure if this is true, but I think it is also written in the guide. 

I tried the cornser safe spot, it somehow didn't work for me, maybe I am just too dumb for it lol. 

Co-Op is primarily what screws up the Completionist trophy but the glitch can also occur in single player if you mess things up. The safe spot exploit is really buggy and unreliable in the PS4 version because of the screwed up collision detection but it will eventually work, you just have to keep trying and really squeeze yourself into that corner.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Co-Op is primarily what screws up the Completionist trophy but the glitch can also occur in single player if you mess things up. The safe spot exploit is really buggy and unreliable in the PS4 version because of the screwed up collision detection but it will eventually work, you just have to keep trying and really squeeze yourself into that corner.

Would it even mess up the trophy if I would do all the side quests solo and only the Crawmerax quest with someone in co-op?

I think I will open some gold chests, still have some keys left over, I will need a good sniper for crawmerax I think.  

Edited by Afura_33

2 hours ago, Afura_33 said:

Would it even mess up the trophy if I would do all the side quests solo and only the Crawmerax quest with someone in co-op?

I think I will open some gold chests, still have some keys left over, I will need a good sniper for crawmerax I think.  

It's 2 specific missions you have you have to watch out for, both of which come from Marcus and are related to raiding the armoury - no other missions are affected by this glitch. Also, the Skull Masher is hands down the best Sniper Rifle for use against Crawmerax but even then, you need a steady hand and good timing to land hits on his weak spot. For the one on his back, you have to trick him into diving underground, then line up your shots after he reappears so they hit it in the 3 or 4 seconds before he turns round and starts shooting at you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

It's 2 specific missions you have you have to watch out for, both of which come from Marcus and are related to raiding the armoury - no other missions are affected by this glitch. Also, the Skull Masher is hands down the best Sniper Rifle for use against Crawmerax but even then, you need a steady hand and good timing to land hits on his weak spot. For the one on his back, you have to trick him into diving underground, then line up your shots after he reappears so they hit it in the 3 or 4 seconds before he turns round and starts shooting at you.

Ah ok so there are only two missions and these are coming from marcus that can mess it up, this is good to know, I will google which missions these are, thank you. 

Can I get a Skull Masher from the golden chest by any chance? I checked out some videos of people killing Crawmerax, he seems to move a lot lol, will be a bit hard to snipe, but I think it should be doable once I can make this ledge glitch work. I think I will take Lillitih to kill him so I can run away while being invisible if the fight gets too hot. 

Edited by Afura_33

10 hours ago, Afura_33 said:

Ah ok so there are only two missions and these are coming from marcus that can mess it up, this is good to know, I will google which missions these are, thank you. 

Can I get a Skull Masher from the golden chest by any chance? I checked out some videos of people killing Crawmerax, he seems to move a lot lol, will be a bit hard to snipe, but I think it should be doable once I can make this ledge glitch work. I think I will take Lilith to kill him so I can run away while being invisible if the fight gets too hot. 

From what I remember, the golden chest doesn't award Legendaries, only Blues and Purples but there's a Red Chest near the Fyrestone Arena so farm that for a Skullmasher. Also, I've just double checked and it's actually 3 missions that are affected i.e. "Loot Larceny", "It's Like Christmas" and "Super-Marcus Sweep".

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

From what I remember, the golden chest doesn't award Legendaries, only Blues and Purples but there's a Red Chest near the Fyrestone Arena so farm that for a Skullmasher. Also, I've just double checked and it's actually 3 missions that are affected i.e. "Loot Larceny", "It's Like Christmas" and "Super-Marcus Sweep".

Thanks a lot man for the great info, I will try to farm the Skullmasher :) , wish me luck :) 

7 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

If you have finished the Claptrap DLC storyline, then the Hyperion Gift Shop is another good farming spot because there are loads of Red Chests in the basement :).

Yea this is the place where I have most of my weapons from lol. Can the Skullmasher also be found in the basement of the claptrap dlc? 

Edited by Afura_33

• 7 months later...

Hello,

About Completionist it glitches for me and a friend (we play online together) because it has been unlocked at the same time after having the trophy for the loot midgets. We still had 4 side quests to validate (2 from Marcus and 2 from Moxxi). Does this happen for other players too?