PS5 autopop?

Icerunner45

17 minutes ago, Cloemoester said:

I don’t think there’s a autopop. But when I transferred some saves across only one trophy popped up for me. It’s probably just worth checking your saves to see what pops up for you :)

As glitchy as this game is, I'd hate to have to get the platinum a second time haha. I'll just skip this one. Thanks =p

• 1 month later...

" Unfortunately, as the next-gen version has a different SKU, PlayStation trophies obtained thanks to backward compatibility will not be transferred. You will need to meet the requirements once again to unlock them. "

This was the response last time from CDPR..

16 hours ago, MaKTaiL said:

Edgerunners update dropped today with save transfer between PS4 <--> PS5 through the cloud. Can anyone test if the trophies are auto popping now?

I missed a few skill-tree related trophies in the Ps4 version but I got the platinum in the Ps5 version. Now with the save transfer update I was hoping to get my ps5 savegame onto the ps4 version in order to have the skills that are requiered for the trophies. Unfortunaltely, I can only see my ps4 saves on the ps5 but not the ps5 saves on the ps4. Any ideas? Or is the save transfer only working in one direction? ?

8 hours ago, SethHulc said:

" Unfortunately, as the next-gen version has a different SKU, PlayStation trophies obtained thanks to backward compatibility will not be transferred. You will need to meet the requirements once again to unlock them. "

This was the response last time from CDPR..

Terminator resistance said something similar. If the PS4 and PS5 versions of a game are released at different times they are considered different games in the system. Some games, such as Jedi Fallen Order, overcome this issue with trophies. It seems to be a complication the dev needs to figure out if they want to take the time to.

On 9/7/2022 at 8:59 AM, ACOLDGHOST_ said:

Small info for those who were hoping that you now get an auto-pop once you transfer your save - got Cyberpunk to 100% on PC back in the day, uploaded my save to the cloud now and loaded it on the PS5. Unfortunately, however, there is no auto-pop. 

Could it be that it's only within a console family?  Has anyone who 100% the PS4 version tried it?

25 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

Could it be that it's only within a console family?  Has anyone who 100% the PS4 version tried it?

Im thinking that the only way to pop trophies is, if you have your saves just before the trophies pop on PS4 transfer to cloud load on PS5 and pop them. Like some other game that doesn’t have auto pop but can save transfer if you are about to unlock the trophy on PS4 to PS5 to unlock it there. You can really time your saves following a guide to know which trophies about to pop save, upload to clouds load them into PS5 to quickly unlock them. Maybe! I could be mistaken and you actually have to start fresh on PS5 in order to earn trophies. I haven’t played cyberpunk since I got the platinum on December 29, 2020. Only installed the PS5 version but never launched it. Busy with other games and was hoping to auto pop it. But apparently will end up playing it fresh before the new dlc gets released. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ZEE11W said:

Im thinking that the only way to pop trophies is, if you have your saves just before the trophies pop on PS4 transfer to cloud load on PS5 and pop them. Like some other game that doesn’t have auto pop but can save transfer if you are about to unlock the trophy on PS4 to PS5 to unlock it there. You can really time your saves following a guide to know which trophies about to pop save, upload to clouds load them into PS5 to quickly unlock them. Maybe! I could be mistaken and you actually have to start fresh on PS5 in order to earn trophies. I haven’t played cyberpunk since I got the platinum on December 29, 2020. Only installed the PS5 version but never launched it. Busy with other games and was hoping to auto pop it. But apparently will end up playing it fresh before the new dlc gets released. 

Not what I meant by that.  What I meant is has anyone who platinumed it ON PS4 used the cross save progress to see if it pops them for PS5 now that it has that method.  I'd imagine if it's in the same console family they might've added it that way. 

It was over a year ago I platinumed it on PS4, and I'm positive I don't have the right saves to even pull off strategic save transfers.

17 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

Not what I meant by that.  What I meant is has anyone who platinumed it ON PS4 used the cross save progress to see if it pops them for PS5 now that it has that method.  I'd imagine if it's in the same console family they might've added it that way. 

It was over a year ago I platinumed it on PS4, and I'm positive I don't have the right saves to even pull off strategic save transfers.

i know what you meant but it was something I wanted to add. Haven’t tried it as well transferring my 100% save. Going to wait and see. Or I’ll start fresh.

31 minutes ago, ZEE11W said:

i know what you meant but it was something I wanted to add. Haven’t tried it as well transferring my 100% save. Going to wait and see. Or I’ll start fresh.

I need to download the PS5 version and that'll take probably 4 - 6 hours when I decide to do that.  Was just wondering if anyone tried since the new cross save patch.  I don't really want to put another 100 - 150 hours into this if I don't have to, but might for the dlc.

• 3 weeks later...

With update 1.6, there is still no auto pop however there is a trick to get the trophies to pop in a much faster amount of time if you're willing to play the versions simultaneously. Basically save before achieving the requirements for the trophy on PS4, every one, even for the getting certain number of kills, certain types of kills or complete gigs . Because the game save will register if you have or haven't already accomplished this on your playthrough and won't be able to just pop by doing the requirements unless you've yet to do it. (To clarify, if you've already done a task to get 300 kills with ranged weapons, you won't be able to get the trophy by using a save that was made after achieving this in game, you must load a save prior as it will register that you have yet to do it, and thus only take a few kills as opposed to the 300. This applies to ALL the trophies.) I've tested this many times and know what it requires in case you're not seeing a trophy pop like I did, if I wasn't clear ask a question so I can clear it up. Is this method tedious? Yes. Will it immensely save you time? YES! Note: You're only allotted 20 manual saves and 20 auto saves. It must be done PS4 to PS5 because the PS4 saves will appear in addition to the PS5 ones on the next gen version, whereas the PS5 saves will not appear if you're playing on the PS4 version.

Edited by BoomPad48
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...