Spiking Help

RedMonkeyMan_

55 minutes ago, RedMonkeyMan_ said:

Anyone have any tips for the Spike Ring-Outs?

I assumed a Spike was a down air attack, but I can't get any of the trophies to pop doing that.

Thanks to any responses.

You have to be really good at timing. I found Bugs Bunny and Batman the easiest to get spike attacks with

Video for reference: 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tripple_Barnett said:

You have to be really good at timing. I found Bugs Bunny and Batman the easiest to get spike attacks with

Video for reference: 

Thank you for the reply, and congrats on your Trophy!

I've been having a lot more success with Fin, I think my biggest problem was that I was using Superman and I couldn't get a proper spike with him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedMonkeyMan_ said:

Thank you for the reply, and congrats on your Trophy!

I've been having a lot more success with Fin, I think my biggest problem was that I was using Superman and I couldn't get a proper spike with him.

Thank you. Good luck with getting the trophy! I have also seen a lot of players use Tom & Jerry (I haven't unlocked them yet though). 

13 minutes ago, OctorokHero said:

Does it have to be a spike that gets a ringout from the bottom of the screen, or any spike ringout? Some spikes are so powerful that the opponent will ricochet off the ground and ringout from the top.

I'm sure it only counts from the ground based on the trophy videos I got and have seen from others on YouTube. 

• Like 1

If you just want to get the spike attacks, then I suggest using Finn as he's even easier to spike with than Batman and Bugs. Was able to get all of my spikes within a few hours of playtime with him.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...