Aces High Solved

ResiGamer_28

Got it this morning after following the advice of earning more Vs per day - also knowing that the refresh is in the morning not midnight:

First days casually Botzone grinding (for Centurion), ended up with a 6 (had around 25k banked)

Next day I started vet. campaign and some more Botzone - made 50k and got up to 9

Next day was busy but managed to make 60k - wasn't happy about it but luckily I got a 10 (didn't except that tbh..)

Playing vet. campaign, some Botzone and sneak peaking into the vet. Demolition contract: +100k which got me up to J

All in now, that J gave me confidence. Got a lot of time to play yesterday so vet. Demo only to grind 400k.. carried me straight up to A

• Like 1

- I also got Aces High today (06/08/2022).
- EU region (Germany).
- Got my Aces High trophy with 537250 Vektan dollars earned, which placed me as 78 in the "Top players this week" leaderboard when I got Aces High
- Total spent, due to buying equipment and ammunition: 77951
- I also always considered the medals to get more currency.

This is what I did (Got Aces High in 5 days):

Spoiler

02/08/2022 - Day 1:
1. Started this game and only completed the first mission on veteran difficulty, played on my PS TV (Whenever I played this game myself, I used the PS TV).

03/08/2022 - Day 2:
1. Was able to knock some mp trophies out with the help of people from a discord server (PSNP Boosting group link) and finished the second mission on veteran difficulty.
2. After finishing the 2. mission, I was tired and went to bed, but I had already installed the game also on my PSVITA --> Started a public Guerrilla Warfare mp game --> Rubberbanded both sticks so that my character was circling around until I woke up the next day
==> With this I achieved two things:
1) Got some games done for the Centurion trophy - Complete 100 mp game rounds (1 round Guerrilla Warfare when everybody in it is rubber banded lasts 10 minutes, means 6 rounds of Guerrilla Warfare in one hour = nearly 17 hours to complete all 100 matches this way)
2) If my rubberbanded character was in the winning team (This happened a lot), I got Vektan dollars for being in the winning team and for the placement.. imo every small gain of Vektan dollars is great for Aces High

04/08/2022 - Day 3:
1. Finished mission 3 to 7 on veteran difficulty.
- I even bought recommended loadout from the Vektan dollars I got already (See the information for the Above And Beyond trophy)
2. Then it was again time for my rubberbanded PSVITA, all for the Centurion trophy and money while I was myself sleeping.

05/08/2022 - Day 4:
1. Got ranked as J when I switched from PSVITA rubberbanded MP back to playing the campaign on veteran on PS TV.
2. Finished mission 8 and 9 on veteran difficulty.
3. Then I bought the required Sky Fury Van-Guard for the Justice For All demolition contract on veteran difficulty and repeated said contract for some hours all over again.
4. When I went to bed, it was again time for my rubberbanded PSVITA.

06/08/2022 - Day 5 (Today):
1. When I started today after I woke up, I was placed 128 in the "Top players this week" leaderboard with a total 463425 Vektan dollars earned, which still was the J as peak value.
Aces-High-Start-06082022-Top-Players-Thi
2. Then I did Justice For All demolition contract on veteran difficulty again for some hours.
3. Afterwards I was curios and wanted to take a look at the career menu.. and it was just amazing: Although there was still the J shown at the top right of the screen as peak value, but I made it to place 78 in the "Top players this week" leaderboard with a total 537250 Vektan dollars earned, which was enough to get me to Ace peak value.
Aces-High-Just-Earned-It-Top-Players-Thi
4. After seeing this I exited out to the main menu, closed the game and restarted it.. and the Aces High trophy popped up while the "Sony Computer Entertainment presents" logo was still on the screen.
Aces-High-Earned-Trophy-Pop-Up-1.jpg
Aces-High-Earned-Trophy-Pop-Up-2.jpg
5. Afterwards I went to the career menu, which was now showing the Ace in the upper right corner.
Aces-High-Earned-Top-Players-This-Week.j
6. Then I switched back to the rubberbanded PSVITA and got the last mp matches done for the Centurion trophy, while myself being away for shopping.

• Really happy to get Aces High done after 5 days of playing. Would have been faster, if I had not to go to work ?
  • Now I only need to get Supply Chain and Anti Air out of the way, which I can even do in Botzone games. Completed both trophies in Botzone, as planned.
  • Maybe I am just sick .. All of Killzone Shadow Fall MP (99% of basegame mp and dlc mp where done before the shutdown news), Killzone Shadow Fall Intercept stand-alone done, RIGS MCL MP done, nearly everything of Killzone Mercenary MP done including Aces High.. really should take a break ?

i hope you all get the trophy too! Do not get discouraged by the leaderboard!

Edited by Geridian
Everything of Killzone Mercenary MP done including Aces High
  • Like 1

I've heard mixed things about sticking to either single player or multiplayer while attempting to go for this. Is there any truth to this? I still need to grind out my drone kills and wanted to alternate between veteran contracts and drone kills in Botzone. Will that make it harder for myself or screw up my chances?

31 minutes ago, TheSlyGCooper said:

I've heard mixed things about sticking to either single player or multiplayer while attempting to go for this. Is there any truth to this? I still need to grind out my drone kills and wanted to alternate between veteran contracts and drone kills in Botzone. Will that make it harder for myself or screw up my chances?

As far as I know this Trophy is related to the earned money during a (couple of) day(s). 

In general you can earn money in MP.

The reason why everybody suggest SP is that you can earn more money in shorter time. 

Anyway, that's what I did and I got the trophy this morning. 

Started with a 9, got a King yesterday and the Ace today, but I have to admit I was one of the paranoid people and did 400k yesterday to be sure.

The Leaderboard showed that my highest rank was a King when I started the grind. That means I was ranked with a King when I did the online trophies two years ago, this on the other hand means it's possible to do it in MP/botzone. 

Edited by Messknecht
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

I think you get valor cards when you do contracts sometimes, and on some level ups but i have no idea how often you get them. Online play is easiest way to grind them because everytime you kill someone they drop one.

But if they kill you online they can take them back. So campaign is better 

13 minutes ago, TheRetroManiac said:

I have been an ACE since Wednesday when I got this trophy and atm I'm ranked #3 for the players of the week. Now I just have the shitty kill grind and this and Shadow fall are sorted. Good luck to everybody going for this, I hope you all get it with some time and dedication.

Just lucky that I did not need a score above of 940000 like you had to get Aces High on 06.08.22 ?. 

Question: How many Vectan dollars did you need for Aces High?

Good luck with the grind ?. 

39 minutes ago, Geridian said:

Just lucky that I did not need a score above of 940000 like you had to get Aces High on 06.08.22 1f609.png

Question: How many Vectan dollars did you need for Aces High?

Good luck with the grind 1f600.png

First day I did not take it seriously I got like 173k and was awarded a JOKER then I got 440k the next day as I just could not be bothered with getting super close and having to do it another day, so my total earned was 613k when adding both of those scores up. Now comes the fun part, grinding these kills which are so not needed on a game like this lol.

Edited by TheRetroManiac
  • Like 1

Finally got it. Started three days ago. 
Day 1: ~120k, rank queen afterwards. 

Day 2: ~150k, rank king afterwards. 

Day 3: ~180k, finally rank ace.

Didn’t do any ridicolous amounts daily. Keeping at it and improving my score every day seemed to do well for me. Took about 8-9 hours in total, repeating the ’Justice for All’ demolition contract. Got about 2500 kills, very good for the ’blood bank’ grind!

Good luck to everyone who is still grinding, you can do it!

• Like 1

This Sunday (07.08.2022) the leaderboards got a reset (At least for EU region//My PSN Account is German).

While writing this (and this was only valid 07.08.2022 in the morning!), the person at the 5. placement in the current EU leaderboard got ranked as an ACE with 208648 Vektan dollars earned.
==> So I would advice anybody who is still in need for the Aces High trophy: Start NOW!
- I am 100% sure that it was the last reset before the server shutdown.
- And because of the reset, it is possible that you need less Vektan dollars to get ranked with an ACE.. But that changes fast when others farm more and more Vektan dollars.

Edited by Geridian
Changed wording.

1 hour ago, quickfoozlle said:

How many points are enough to get ace rank considering the reset? Are 200k enough?

Check the current "Top players this week" leaderboard to get as hint for the amount of money you need for the trophy.
There is no way to know the exact sum you need to get Aces High. It could help if others constantly share which placement in the "Top players this week" leaderboard they had and the amount of money they had when Aces High popped, but most are not interested with sharing this kind of information.
Myself got the trophy yesterday, while still having 400.000 Vektan dollars less then the player at place 5 of this leaderboard.. And i only was at place 78 of this leaderboard when I got Aces High.
==> The more you wait with farming money, the more money you will need simply because other players will become more desperate and will farm more money each day, which means that everybody needs to earn more money each day to get a chance for Aces High to pop. 
So: Instead of asking things here, everybody in need for Aces High trophy should asap begin with farming money!

Edited by Geridian
Closing words

Popped it today, was 16th on the weekly campaign leaderboard but this was at noon EST yesterday, so I’m sure I dropped a few spots as I didn’t play for the rest of the day. I grinded 80k, 200k, and then 400k the past 3 days. Went from 9 to King to Ace.

Also, if anyone is sick of grinding JFA, doing Diplomatic on Veteran + Covert yields about 18k+ and takes about 15 minutes once you know the route (ghost stealth to Boris while stealth killing a few enemies on the way. then just do contract objectives/get as many kills as possible). Little less money than JFA but about 5 minutes faster.

And another tip is tapping where the loading icon is when a briefing cutscene plays allows it to be skipped once the level has finished loading ?

Edited by bendylegs13

My card is not moving at all for over a week. What is the best way to farm vec dollars? I've done 3, 4 justice for all demolition on veteran per day and it's not really enough... People do 600+ per day. This is insane.

Edited by dominuss26

2 hours ago, taekwonbrando said:

What is going on? I got 4’s now two days in a row. First day i grinded 200k, second 400k. No rank increase and im one of the top on the leaderboards. Just doing demo on first mission

The reset is in a few minutes. Check again than.

• Like 1

Out of curiosity, since this seems to be attached to money earned but the number of people considered an ACE changes (or so it seems), have we considered that it’s a % thing, so like top 10% or like an above the average thing?

The main reason I ask is that if one of those are true, we could inflate how many people can get Ace if everyone ran one or two alt accounts and got the bare minimum points with those accounts, it would realistically open the number of people considered an “Ace.”

I’m way late to the party here but was curious if there was a way that we, as a community, could inflate the numbers and help those still going for this get it.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ConAir said:

The reset is in a few minutes. Check again than.

Yup, checked again 7;00AM GMT and looks like myself (#1 on leaderboard) and the below 4 people all turned into Aces. Dang I haven't felt this relief from a trophy in a while. Put in a lot of work and wasnt sure I was going to get it plus saw no valor increase in 2 days. Was an endurance test being the last week of servers. This looks like a cumulative, I don't think you have to beat your previous days score each time so long as you are at the top of the leaderboards during a 7AM GMT reset. I didn't know how high I needed so I just went for #1. Good luck all.

3 hours ago, dominuss26 said:

My card is not moving at all for over a week. What is the best way to farm vec dollars? I've done 3, 4 justice for all demolition on veteran per day and it's not really enough... People do 600+ per day. This is insane.

Do Mission 4 on Precision Veteran, it is much faster once you know it. Here's a guide https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/whliow/aces_high_trophy_guide_for_killzone_mercenary_for/

Edited by taekwonbrando
  • Like 2

I did Aces High in one day.
I haven’t played in years.
I’ve started “mission 1 demolition” on the 5th, as you can see that’s when I first got the trophy “Man vs Machine”.
At the end of the 5th I had between 309065 and 343453 V$ at rank between 213 to 251.
You can see that my max Peak VLR was a “9 of clubs”.

And I had at that time a VLR of “2 of hearts”.

On the 6th I had already “Aces High” and a VLR of “ace of hearts”.

So you can do it in one day and don’t have to be in the first 100 rank.

LzZs97Q.jpg

Ok Onslaught, so what DID you do? Because I'm struggling with this thing for the past two weeks and I'm concerned it's gonna cost me the platinum...

taekwonbrando thanks from the bottom of my Vita.

Hope it'll help. One thing's for certain, the guide pointed out something I forgot 8 years ago since playing this game - You need to wear the mercenary armor for extra V's. I forgot that and used it only as a functional item. Hopefully the guide and armor change would make the leap I need to be done with this #$!*#$^ trophy. Who announces servers close without 3 months' notice???