PS5 version comes with a platinum/Trophy thoughts

14 minutes ago, LordShavron said:

Are you sure about those who got it with PS+ getting it? It's showing up as $20 in the store for me.

Checking again, I think I was wrong. ?

Just to make sure, instead of going to the store, check the game in your library and click on the ellipsis and select What Remains of Edith Finch. After that click download and it should let you select which version you want to download.

If not, then PS+ owners don't get the upgrade for free.

Edited by Abby_TheLastofUs

I already had my 350th platinum planned... But this was also one of the best games I've ever played... decisions get tougher the further apart the milestones get.

7 minutes ago, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

Checking again, I think I was wrong. 1f616.png

Can confirm, was able to download with my profile when I bought it way back when, my brother's account that owns it via PS Plus is asking for £16.

Edited by breakingthegreen
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Lord_Nodens said:

I wonder if it has an option to import your save from the PS4 version.

If it has a plat it won't be an autopop I don't think, given there are 2 extra trophies to the PS4 version. Be interesting to hear if you can though.

6 hours ago, Buff_Cupcake said:

Huh, the platinum trophy title is the exact same as the one for Stray by the looks of it.

Most games published by Annapurna have the same platinum title (The Pathless being the only exception I think).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

it has a plat now? great I can finally play it

don't @ me with OmGwHaTaDuMbReAsOnToNoTpLaYaGrEaTgAmE

Oh my God. What a dumb reason to not play a great game smh.

9 hours ago, II-BurnedSins-II said:

This game deserved to have an plat in the first place, but im glad they added it.

I think the OG release of What Remains of Edith Finch was the first game they ever published, so I think that's why its a bit of an anomaly -- I think I'm right in saying every other game they've released on PS has a platinum trophy.

Edith Finch was always a weird one with trophies. They actually had to add an achievement for the Xbox release (how I first played it) because you have to have a minimum of 10 achievement on Xbox; looks they've added one more trophy again if there are 12 (11 + Plat).  

Anyway, truly one of the best indie games ever made, can't wait to replay it. 

• Like 1