PS5 version comes with a platinum/Trophy thoughts

I started the game today and played for only half an hour or so, but two trophies popped at points where they shouldn't have. The one for using both roads on the way to the house unlocked directly after entering the upper path and the trophy for finishing all stories unlocked right after I finished the first story.

So either the trophies are glitched in a beneficial way or the game in the background recognized my old PS4 save and unlocked the trophies after newly fulfilling one of the trophies requirements. There was no notification however of a save transfer, so I'm curious to hear if someone else, preferably also with an existing PS4 save, has seen strange trophy behaviour.

• Like 1

I first played it in 2017 when it released, but for some reason it was one the games that didn't leave a huge mark in my mind. So that's the perfect opportunity to replay this pretty good game.

Just a shame all trophies became gold and that a platinum was added. I would have preferred the same trophy list, or a more substantial one to justify the platinum here.

59 minutes ago, hbg said:

I started the game today and played for only half an hour or so, but two trophies popped at points where they shouldn't have. The one for using both roads on the way to the house unlocked directly after entering the upper path and the trophy for finishing all stories unlocked right after I finished the first story.

So either the trophies are glitched in a beneficial way or the game in the background recognized my old PS4 save and unlocked the trophies after newly fulfilling one of the trophies requirements. There was no notification however of a save transfer, so I'm curious to hear if someone else, preferably also with an existing PS4 save, has seen strange trophy behaviour.

I am pretty sure there is save transfer, as I can select any chapters at the very begining and don't think this would be true without save transfer.

However, no trophy is auto-popped.

2 hours ago, StygianWolf4 said:

The PS5 version looks even better visually too! 

I watched a stream of the PS5 version of Edith Finch on youtube yesterday and the performance and visual upgrade is phenomenal.  

PS4/Pro/PS5 backwards compatible versions VS native PS5 version

30fps cap   -------- locked 60fps

1080p max resolution  -------- 2160p resolution

medium graphic settings   -------- ultra graphics

bad texture pop-in -------- no pop-in 

Plus of course the 3 extra trophies INCLUDING a Platinum =)

Edited by drlight66

On 7/29/2022 at 4:17 AM, PhantomFear94 said:

I think the OG release of What Remains of Edith Finch was the first game they ever published, so I think that's why its a bit of an anomaly -- I think I'm right in saying every other game they've released on PS has a platinum trophy.

Edith Finch was always a weird one with trophies. They actually had to add an achievement for the Xbox release (how I first played it) because you have to have a minimum of 10 achievement on Xbox; looks they've added one more trophy again if there are 12 (11 + Plat).  

Anyway, truly one of the best indie games ever made, can't wait to replay it. 

The original game on PS4 only had 9 trophies. This PS5 version has added a platinum + 2 trophies: Wildlife Photographer (the xbox addition) and Replay a Story (which you need to perform anyway to obtain the Loop-de-Loop-de-Loop trophy).  But the graphics upgrade is the selling point! That and the strangest story line in quite awhile.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 29.7.2022 at 10:44 PM, NihiRagnarK said:

I am pretty sure there is save transfer, as I can select any chapters at the very begining and don't think this would be true without save transfer.

However, no trophy is auto-popped.

This. The game automatically imports the save file from the PS4 version.

There is no autopop, but you can unlock the trophies for replaying a chapter, replaying Calvin's story and finishing all stories from the start by repeating Calvin's story.

EDIT: All Peepholes unlocks when you watch through any of them.

Edited by proud2bNs
  • Like 2

• 11 months later...