Error 80029780 when attempting to download from HK store

Yeah I have just recieved same error with every bit of Free HK DLC for AC revelations. I'm using a PAL version of the game on disc. I tried to download both on the online store and then tried again through in game.. Same result.. 

Edited by SlipingJimmy
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, SlipingJimmy said:

Just read this is pretty common issue, make sure to activate your newly created HK account as the primary PS3. I'll try this later today.

Thanks for posting this but activation didn't work.

I also just tried uninstalling all the DLC and updates and trying again. My main account is UK and my disc comes in a black case and has the original AC game on it (game code BLES01466). The DLC in English on the HK store says it only works for the Heritage Collection, so I just don't see how this is going to work in my case, unfortunately.

48 minutes ago, baboon_overlord said:

Thanks for posting this but activation didn't work.

I also just tried uninstalling all the DLC and updates and trying again. My main account is UK and my disc comes in a black case and has the original AC game on it (game code BLES01466). The DLC in English on the HK store says it only works for the Heritage Collection, so I just don't see how this is going to work in my case, unfortunately.

Yes activation didn't work for me either, however I couldn't download any Free DLC on the PS store. From what I have read this can be a issue with newly created accounts and  access setup / configuration can take time to propagate changes through to PS3..Left it for a day will I'll try again to download tomorrow.

Edited by SlipingJimmy
  • Like 1

This is a new problem, before you just had to repeatedly download it as the first 1 didn't work. Download from psn store but make sure to activate it ON your HK account in the game. Then when you play your main UK account it will play as normal. This is concerning though, not sure if its gonna to affect already downloaded content 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, SlipingJimmy said:

Yes activation didn't work for me either, however I couldn't download any Free DLC on the PS store. From what I have read this can be a issue with newly created accounts and  access setup / configuration can take time to propagate changes through to PS3..Left it for a day will I'll try again to download tomorrow.

Thanks SJ for the additional information.

MY HK account is several months old. I followed the guide linked from the Trophy Guide and downloaded from the Store initially, not in-game. I don't know if this was a fatal mistake or not.

The downloads all activated with no problems but the maps and additional characters, plus the Lost Archive do not show in the game on any accounts.

As a last resort, maybe I could try setting up another HK account and doing it from in-game?.

30 minutes ago, ResiGamer_28 said:

Download from psn store but make sure to activate it ON your HK account in the game. Then when you play your main UK account it will play as normal. This is concerning though, not sure if its gonna to affect already downloaded content 

Thanks Resi. OK that might be the problem, after I installed and activated the DLC, I immediately went into my UK account, I didn't even load the game on the HK account until after I found it wasn't there.

I'll set up a new HK account and see if that fixes it. Thank you.

I'll have another go and report back.

2 hours ago, SlipingJimmy said:

Not working so far on the new account. I will see what it does tomorrow. Tried in-game and in-store - just keeps giving the error code when it tries to activate.

Interestingly I got all the emails from Sony saying I had "bought" the DLCs though.

Additionally I have received eight emails from the Store - there seems to be an additional different English version of the DLCs that I didn't notice before. This is getting very confusing!

1 hour ago, ResiGamer_28 said:

This is concerning though, not sure if its gonna to affect already downloaded content 

It certainly is for me right now, the DLC I added on my first HK account now fails to activate - it did activate and download with no problems initially, the issue was that it wasn't showing in the game.

Edit and Update:

OK, just checked my first HK account download list and there are eight Revelations DLC items in there - each DLC is repeated. So maybe I installed the wrong ones first time?

Additionally, the Lost Archive has two different names: Looking at the emails I got for my second account, one is definitely for the Heritage Edition, the other appears to be for regular, so for example:

Assassin's Creed Revelations Ancestors Character Pack DLC (English Ver.)

AC Heritage - ACR - Ancestors Character Pack (English Ver.)

Unfortunately in the Store and in the download list there is no way of knowing which one is which, but at least that's progress. 

However, I can't download or activate anything as I just get the error code. This is also happening for other games in my HK account list, so I think this must be a technical problem at the moment.

Edited by baboon_overlord

Yeah I have two variations of each DLC in my download list. I did like you Baboon overload first try and purchase / download it via normal store not in game. Hopefully that's not the problem. 

Might be worthwhile checking with other free DLC on the store if you get the same problem. Seems more a global issue than a issue with just this DLC.

• Like 1

On 02/08/2022 at 11:58 PM, SlipingJimmy said:

Yeah I have two variations of each DLC in my download list. I did like you Baboon overload first try and purchase / download it via normal store not in game. Hopefully that's not the problem. 

Might be worthwhile checking with other free DLC on the store if you get the same problem. Seems more a global issue than a issue with just this DLC.

I just tried again now. I can't download anything still, not even games I have paid for.

My HK account is working fine on PS4 so it seems to be a PS3 issue.

1 hour ago, The-Smiths-85 said:

Having the same issue. Is it possible that they've suspended all of the DLCs, because of the server shutdown in September? Can anyone confirm that the Ottoman version of this game works fine with all of the DLCs on the disc?

I had it then I googled the fix and got the dlc today. In effect you have to log into your account on the sony site then deactivate all accounts then log into your ps3 and activate that and it fixes it. I activated it on my Hong Kong account  

9 hours ago, z-TRAUMA-- said:

I had it then I googled the fix and got the dlc today. In effect you have to log into your account on the sony site then deactivate all accounts then log into your ps3 and activate that and it fixes it. I activated it on my Hong Kong account  

To everyone attempting this - YMMV, this was the first thing I did before making this thread, and had zero luck on doing so, while doing it on different accounts every day for about a week.

Hey guys. Just tried downloading the three DLCs an hour ago and it worked! I've done this through the PS Store. Try doing this ASAP, cause we don't know how long it will last. Haven't tried popping the trophies yet but the DLCs are installed and The Lost Archives has appeared in the main menu, so everything is fine. Spread the news!

Happy trophy hunting. ?

• Like 2

Yes can confirm it works for me also, can download all DLC no error. Nice work whoever contacted PS and got this fixed.

Edit - I also tested the free DLC on my main account I was able to pop a trophy for straw hat. Finally can join a boosting session to finish off rest.

Edited by SlipingJimmy
trophy popped
  • Like 1