Free Upgrade?

20 hours ago, nojokaboom said:

The staff in the Annapurna discord said they are looking into fixing the PS5 upgrade option for ppl who got it off PS+

Ahh this is good to know, thanks for posting.

It's a fantastic game and well worth playing twice. Having a plat is an added bonus.

• Like 4

On 29/07/2022 at 7:59 PM, nojokaboom said:

The staff in the Annapurna discord said they are looking into fixing the PS5 upgrade option for ppl who got it off PS+

Hopefully they can at least add it to extra like the devs from Deliver Us to the Moon did.

It's been on my list for a while and my PS5 is scheduled to arrive this friday, so I can't wait to play some native games lol

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Antonius87 said:

It's strange that they don't have that issue right. I have both the digital (PS Plus) and the physical PS4 CD. Both of them will not be free on the PS5 store.

Disc version is US, is it not? Have you tried upgrading from a US account?

• 3 weeks later...

Got a notification from the PS App a little bit ago saying this was available with my Subscription (I'm only essential), but when I opened it...it said I can't purchase the PS5 version because I already own another version of the game (PS4 from PS+). So I went to the webstore and it says the same thing. 

Now opening the game up on my PS5, it shows the $19.99 still. But I had remembered that post above saying they were trying to rectify the situation with people who have it through PS+ and I thought maybe the PS App was telling me that now, but now it's saying I can't purchase it at all. Kind of annoying, I'd like to replay this with a Plat...but I'm not paying anything close to $20 for it, I do hope it becomes available to PS+ owners for free in the future too. 

32 minutes ago, Viper said:

Got a notification from the PS App a little bit ago saying this was available with my Subscription (I'm only essential), but when I opened it...it said I can't purchase the PS5 version because I already own another version of the game (PS4 from PS+). So I went to the webstore and it says the same thing. 

Now opening the game up on my PS5, it shows the $19.99 still. But I had remembered that post above saying they were trying to rectify the situation with people who have it through PS+ and I thought maybe the PS App was telling me that now, but now it's saying I can't purchase it at all. Kind of annoying, I'd like to replay this with a Plat...but I'm not paying anything close to $20 for it, I do hope it becomes available to PS+ owners for free in the future too. 

I managed to claim the PS5 upgrade on the console itself from PS+, through UK store today

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, nojokaboom said:

I managed to claim the PS5 upgrade on the console itself from PS+, through UK store today

I'm definitely not having the same results. Either the App or Webstore tells me it's not available, or my PS5 tells me it's still $20. Unless the change happened today and they're rolling it out and it just hasn't updated here in the US yet, I don't know. 

1 hour ago, Viper said:

I'm definitely not having the same results. Either the App or Webstore tells me it's not available, or my PS5 tells me it's still $20. Unless the change happened today and they're rolling it out and it just hasn't updated here in the US yet, I don't know. 

I got a notification saying something about it and when I go in the app it still says not available for purchase because I already owned another version. I haven't been on my PS5 today to check the store.

1 hour ago, snakebit10 said:

I got a notification saying something about it and when I go in the app it still says not available for purchase because I already owned another version. I haven't been on my PS5 today to check the store.

I had to get it from the PS5 store (UK). On the game page there’s a drop down menu that has two options, they both say ‘Game’, I selected the bottom one and that let me download the PS5 version. 

• Like 1

Yep, as @chalky83 just shared, it is there.

What I did on my ps5 was: I went to "Your collection", chose the game, it's going to ask you to Download but if you select the Three dots on the right and choose View Product it will show you a list, the 2nd one says Exclusive ps plus game (something like that, I cannot see it anymore) you choose that and activates the: Full game PS4/PS5, then you can download your ps5 version.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Viper said:

Worked fine for me in the US through the PS5 console store.  I only had the PS Plus version before and I was able to download the PS5 version for free.

• Like 1

So I finally got it to work using what @GoldenShaka said. I did that earlier, but the first "Game" said $19.99 and the second shows the PS+ Icon and said "Add to Library"...so I thought it was just the PS4 version. But once I clicked "Add to Library" both "Game" changed to Download and it let me download the PS5 version. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chalky83 said:

I had to get it from the PS5 store (UK). On the game page there’s a drop down menu that has two options, they both say ‘Game’, I selected the bottom one and that let me download the PS5 version. 

This is how I obtained it on the US store. Thanks.