What's your honest opinions on Stray?

Lucibur

1 minute ago, breakingthegreen said:

My honest opinion is more of an observation that you posted this topic under Gunducky Industries++

I hadn't noticed, this is my second post and I'm tired so I'm not fully paying attention, oops.

Since I actually did a pseudo review in the platinum animal event, I'll copy and paste it to here:

"Very good game, the sheer novelty of being a cat makes the platforming feel more organic and makes you see the world in a way makes you see what would normally be set dressing, and see it as a way to climb up a building. The story is also good, although maybe that's just because WALL.E was one of my favourite movies growing up, and this is very loosely, WALL.E if you played as the plant."

I stand by it, even how some people are disappointed 

Spoiler

when didn't the cat reunite with their family, it's a story about the city and B-12, not the cat.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cassylvania said:

I'm liking it so far. They need more games where you play as a cat.

Going to make it your 500th platinum?

That's great! They do, especially since pets seem to react to the cat whatever it's doing on screen. There's a Twitter account dedicated to showing off pets reactions.

I'm hoping to, yes. 

1 minute ago, breakingthegreen said:

Since I actually did a pseudo review in the platinum animal event, I'll copy and paste it to here:

"Very good game, the sheer novelty of being a cat makes the platforming feel more organic and makes you see the world in a way makes you see what would normally be set dressing, and see it as a way to climb up a building. The story is also good, although maybe that's just because WALL.E was one of my favourite movies growing up, and this is very loosely, WALL.E if you played as the plant."

I stand by it, even how some people are disappointed 

Hide contents

when didn't the cat reunite with their family, it's a story about the city and B-12, not the cat.

I have watched WALL.E years ago, I may have to give it another watch to get another feel for it. 

I didn't know people were disappointed by the game, I've heard nothing but great things about it. There seems to be a lot of mutual streamers on Twitch that are playing this and up until tonight I hadn't finished the game myself, so I didn't feel like I could go and watch them play but now I can. It's a fun little game.

4 minutes ago, Lucibur said:

I didn't know people were disappointed by the game, I've heard nothing but great things about it. 

It was more disappointments with the ending, I think it ended in a perfectly good point, other people wanted more closure on the cat's story. It's only a minor thing really.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ay-Man77 said:

It is a masterpiece, plain and simple. Literally can't find a single flaw about it, even the common complaints that people make, I can't agree with, personally. I respect anyone that has a different opinion and completely understand, but for me personally it's perfection. The story, the gameplay, the setting, the characters, even the trophy list, everything is phenomenal. I've only ever given 4 games a perfect 10/10 rating. Well, 5 now. Stray has joined the club.

It feels a lot different from any other game you've played in a while, doesn't it? Right off the bat I was meowing and just adored the game. I need to see how my pet cat reacts to the cat on screen. ?

2 minutes ago, breakingthegreen said:

It was more disappointments with the ending, I think it ended in a perfectly good point, other people wanted more closure on the cat's story. It's only a minor thing really.

That does make sense from their perspective, yet I liked how it ended. It could have gone much worse for the cat when you think about it.

1 minute ago, dannyswfc9 said:

I thought it was great. They did a great job on how the cat manouvered around the world which felt smooth and natural.

Also when doing the speedrun playthrough and remembering what to do and where to go was so satisfying.

Would love a sequel

Isn't it funny how the cat never fell when you made the jumps? I wish more games worked like that.

I just did the speedrun playthrough as well, there were parts that were frustrating to say the least. But it worked out in the end.

Fingers crossed we're able to get one.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Lucibur said:

I just did the speedrun playthrough as well, there were parts that were frustrating to say the least. But it worked out in the end.

Fingers crossed we're able to get one.

Only problem i had was chapter 11 which frustrated me and i lost alot of time on.

On my collectables playthrough i would do 1 chapter at a time and then do the same chapter on another save file for the speedrun and repeat so it was fresh in my memory.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Only problem i had was chapter 11 which frustrated me and i lost alot of time on.

On my collectables playthrough i would do 1 chapter at a time and then do the same chapter on another save file for the speedrun and repeat so it was fresh in my memory.

Smart

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

That's what gets you unfortunately! 
At least it worked out in the end for you.

• Like 1

I loved it. The story really got to me. It hit me right in the heart. It was the right amount of emotional, but I do hate seeing animals hurt. I don't normally return to games after I get the platinum but I've been watching other people stream the game and I can see myself doing more playthroughs. I do wish they did a bit more with the ending but it's open enough that I can pretend everyone lives happily ever after. 

• Like 1

It's a very good game. A solid 8/10. It isn't 'GOTY' material, but it doesn't need to be. Although, with that said, this year hasn't been the most prolific in terms of GOTY contenders, so I wouldn't be against the idea. If anything, it'd be hilarious to see the meltdown from the Elden Ring crowd ?

Overall I enjoyed pretty much everything about it, with only a few minor things that I didn't enjoy, mainly the ending which left me feeling mixed, some minor performance issues, and the controls which were quite clunky at times. 

It's one of the more unique games of recent years, and not just because you play as a cat, but that was certainly one of the most amusing aspects. I never knew playing as an animal could be so fun, but between this and Maneater I am definitely open to the idea of seeing more animal protagonists in games. Personally I hope we get a dog game next ?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

But once you scratch your first wall, knock over a paint can and take a nap, you've done all the "cat things" the game has to offer.

Hello?!? Jumping into and out of boxes!? Looking adorable while carrying things in your mouth!? Thank you!

(I kid, I kid)

8 hours ago, dannyswfc9 said:

That's a really good strategy. I didn't even think about that. I took a few days off in between first playthrough and speedrun so my memory was a little rusty in some spots. I got the trophy just barely.