What's your honest opinions on Stray?

Lucibur

• 2 weeks later...

This is my favorite game. As a certified crazy cat lady, I knew I had to play this game and it's the best decision I've ever made. You get to play as a cat in this dystopian future, trying to find your way back home to your friends. The ending was a bit disappointing, but it also gave me hope for a Stray 2. I would sell my soul for a Stray 2 except I already sold it for some nachos when I was a kid. I fell so in love with this cat and I won't lie, I almost cried a few times when he got hurt. I was super cautious about what I did and where I jumped because I didn't want him to get hurt. And the bond he built with B12, it was so precious! ? And the way everyone treated him, always patting him on the head. This game touched my heart like no other, but I've always loved animals cats more than humans and since 99% of the games out there are all about humans, it's easy to see why this is my favorite game.

The trophies aren't bad, either. They're pretty forgiving and easy to nab, aside from that stupid "can't cat-ch me" trophy that made me want to game end myself. I was sure I wouldn't be getting the plat because of it and I won't lie, I raged like a mofo. I wanted this game to be my first plat of 2023 because it's a special game to me. I'm so glad this game exists and that I got to play it <3 I highly recommend everyone give it a try, even if you don't think it's for you. I mean, come on, you get to run around as a cat exploring a world without humans and getting to destroy all pottery that crosses your path. What more can you ask for?

I do wish they explored the story a bit more because I'm still confused on so much and I want to know more about the world. If you wanna see my review on this game, you can click here. I expressed my opinions love for this game in more depth. Plus I added loads of pictures because I couldn't help myself haha

TL;DR: Play this damn game or else.

Stray' Review

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I must say I really enjoyed it.
I just got the Platinum after doing the Speedrun as the last thing.

Regarding Speedrun, I think this is my least favourite type of trophy. But I did it and the Platinum has been earned.
This will likely move me a couple of places on the Leaderboard! I hope to break 800 during March in my journey to become Top 100.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Stedde said:

I must say I really enjoyed it.
I just got the Platinum after doing the Speedrun as the last thing.

Regarding Speedrun, I think this is my least favourite type of trophy. But I did it and the Platinum has been earned.
This will likely move me a couple of places on the Leaderboard! I hope to break 800 during March in my journey to become Top 100.

Congratulations on snagging the platinum!

I know what you mean about the speedrun being your least favourite kind of trophy to get, 'cause it's the same for me. (I did it twice as well)
I hope you're able to! 

• 1 month later...

It's a truly enjoyable little Indie game. From start to finish it was captivating and interesting as the concept they went for was very heartfelt and adventurous, yet those little zurk bastards suddenly pushed you into the retro 80's movie "Critters" as you fled for your furry little life. Overall, it's definitely worth a playthrough just to get to be a cat.

It would have been interesting for gamers to be able to customize your cat at the beginning to reach even more people as they can feel like their little pet is doing amazing feats in the game.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Story is more interesting than I thought going into it. Didn't have to fight the controls, they were simple and good. The Can't Cat-ch Me trophy was tricky as hell. Took me at least an hour. The world was beautiful, I mean really detail and beautiful. Kudos to the dev team for that. The only thing I wish the game had was HDR, that would have really made things shine even more. Got the sleeping trophy left, going to find a good location to nap and try to get a great picture for the platinum.

• Like 2

After playing a long game (over 200h) I decided to play something light & stumbled on Stray, but gosh, this game was actually mind-blowing

This sort of absence of lore... It really makes u hungry for more, I wasn't prepared for something this deep

I also have a sit-in-front-of-tv/u-dont-need-subtitles cat, I thought he was gonna get crazy with the cat, in fact he didn't care about the it, or the meowing, but gosh, B12... That little drone was lucky to be 'in' the tv

It might've only taken a small week to plat, but this is one of those games that sticks in ur head indefinitely, I seriously liked every second of it

• Like 2

I am going to go against the grain and say I thought it was over hyped. As a dad of two cats too! 

Completed it once, enjoyed it, but nothing has pulled me back to finish the platinum. If it ever leaves extra, I will be inclined to give it another go but honestly it was just ok. Unique for sure though 

• Like 1

Charming game with a bittersweet ending.

On 5/29/2023 at 4:08 PM, mikem192 said:

I am going to go against the grain and say I thought it was over hyped. As a dad of two cats too! 

Completed it once, enjoyed it, but nothing has pulled me back to finish the platinum. If it ever leaves extra, I will be inclined to give it another go but honestly it was just ok. Unique for sure though 

I did the platinum but I won't be doing it again on PS4.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, delfierro006 said:

wayyyyy!!better than humanity...do not know why people like that game. 

Humanity is pretty good!

Weird to compare them though, they're pretty much chalk and cheese in terms of gameplay ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Humanity is pretty good!

Weird to compare them though, they're pretty much chalk and cheese in terms of gameplay 1f914.png

I compare them because both of those games were day 1 avail to PS Plus Subscribers. In addition, try to play humanity recently and did not like it so it is fresh on my mind. Anyways, what you like about humanity??

• Like 1

3 hours ago, delfierro006 said:

I compare them because both of those games were day 1 avail to PS Plus Subscribers. In addition, try to play humanity recently and did not like it so it is fresh on my mind. Anyways, what you like about humanity??

Ah, true - I forgot Stray was a free one too!

I won't derail this, but I wrote my review of Humanity here (3rd one down)

It's worth playing once. I would play through it multiple times if I had the time. At the same time it is a quick platinum trophy with not too difficult achievements. In addition, the game is designed really nicely and you fall in love with the cat from the first moment you can move with the cat. I would really recommend this game to everyone if they find the time to try it out and make up their own minds.

I myself would be very happy if a DLC or a 2nd part would appear for this game, this would be an instant purchase for me.

• Like 1