Stranger things returning in December!

2 hours ago, kevao97 said:

Now that Stranger Things is back and it blew up they want it back lol.

It’s not that Behaviour wants it back, it was Netflix who removed their license in the first place because they wanted to make games. Guess they figured out that they can’t even run a decent video streaming service so now they are selling the license again. 

Hopefully this means we get Hawkins Lab back again. That was one of my favourite indoor maps. 

Edited by Quink666
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Quink666 said:

lol it’s not that Behaviour wants it back, it was Netflix who removed their license in the first place because they wanted to make games. Guess they figured out that they can’t even run a decent video streaming service so now they are selling the license again. 

Hopefully this means we get Hawkins Lab back again. That was one of my favourite indoor maps. 

This exactly Netflix pulling the license and then regretting it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

lol it’s not that Behaviour wants it back, it was Netflix who removed their license in the first place because they wanted to make games. Guess they figured out that they can’t even run a decent video streaming service so now they are selling the license again. 

Oh my bad. Idk why am I talking about a game I don't even know about lol.

Anyway, these problems involving licensing are always annoying and the only ones affected are we consumers of the product. I hope that map you mentioned is back and that you can enjoy it again :)

The fact ST is coming back was leaked back in June. The Vecna model going around though was apparently a "fake" and possibly was bait to find out who on the dev team is leaking future content. Anyone that had the DBD DLC pack still may be getting a free Joyce cosmetic.

6 hours ago, tonkie18 said:

YESSSS! It’s gonna be a good Christmas!! 1f60d.png I missed out on the first DLC and I’m always so jealous of people playing Nancy and Steve. An Eleven would make me feel better 2764.png

The reason we didn't get Eleven or any of the other main cast kids before is because the developers didn't like the idea of "killing kids" in the game. The youngest age we have for characters is 17. While technically by the start of season five they'll still be younger than that, their actors will be the same age as the actors for Nancy/Steve when they first started playing their respective characters. I think another issue was the fact that they were smaller, it would make for an unfair advantage except now they've grown a lot so their characters could easily be about the same size as Nancy/Steve.

So we'll see what happens. They'd be leaving a lot of money on the table if they don't use the rest of the cast.

6 hours ago, gamercris066 said:

Just did some research the Stranger things part 2 chapter is not going to happen.

We don't know that. It's most likely going to happen. Why bother going back to renew just this one chapter and creating one new map?

Netflix is also very eager to capitalize on the franchise. I've seen more merch come out right before season four than I saw during the entire time of the first three seasons.

We know for a fact a second Resident Evil chapter is happening, so a second chapter for an IP is possible. Given all the above including a new map, a second Stranger Things chapter is definitely in the works. When will it drop is anyone's guess, probably around season five to cash in on the hype. I don't know what other major franchises Netflix still has left so they'll need to gain as much profit as they can off ST before it falls into obscurity.

• Like 1