What is wrong with this release?

instastoump

The game has released 3 days now and I haven't seen any review or something. Barely no one talks about either like is it good? Bad? The whole development of the game was weird from the start and with these delays i dunno. From people who have been playing it, is it any good? Is the game big? I've read from an interview that it's like 40 hours only for the story but i've seen a comment stating they finished it 8 hours which felt really weird for a JRPG VN. 

If you just go straight to do the story conversations, maybe it's possible to finish in 8h, I don't know. I've played for 4 hours and I'm just reached chapter 1 part 3 because I've been training the digimon and trying to capture who I can. For me it seems good, my brother doesn't like the visual novel style of game which is a lot, so if you're not up for VN you should think twice before getting this game

There are no reviews cause nobody got a review code before the day of release. Bandai for some reason has kept the game very close to themselves. 

I am only a few hours into it and its pretty good so far. The start is very very slow however. There are some localization issues here and there, typos, weird phrases etc. Art-style is really nice imo. And yeah, like BrunoBomb mentions, this is 80% VN and 20% TRPG which is definitely something people need to be aware of. (Bandai also stated this themselves though). 

Not sure if you can finish this in 8 hours, but it's not uncommon for VNs if you skip everything. 

• Like 2

8 hours is possible in NG+ if you skip already read text and do minimal battle. But for the first playthrough, it’s likely will take 20-30 hours to complete, maybe push it to 40 hours if you also want to do stuff like recruiting free digimons (they’re a pain to recruit) and some level/item farming.