Question regarding Online Collectibles

Greetings,

Like many others I'm trying to get what I can done before the shut down of the servers, I've decided to try and go after the collectibles, which I am having a terrible time with due to how random it appears the location of them are. I have some questions I would like to ask about them if that is okay?

1. Where abouts should I be looking and is there a good map I should use for them?

2. Is there more than 1 collectable on each map.

3. If someone in the game has collected the collectible (the sound notification saying that it's been found) does that lock me out from getting it that round since the map says it has been found?

Thank you for your time.

The best map is the penthouse because it's small and there're a few rooms to explore. There're still a bunch of locations.

Nope, 1 per match. If you quit and launch warzone again, the same map will have another collectible.

If someone finds the collectible just exit the match and start a new warzone.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sylvanticore said:

Snip

I had this happen to me a good load of times. Me personally, i used the King of the Hill server, i was the only one on there majority of the time (9am UK time). I loaded in and waited for either The Divide or the Forest to come up, if i found the collectible or someone joined and found it, waited for them to leave, backed out and joined again with new collectible and tried again as it loads same map. A few tips i found;

Dont just look for the green glow, majority of the time it wasnt there depending on location unless in a dark corner. The box looks out of place and when you find one, study it a little if you can - sounds weird - but knowing the colour, size etc will help you find more.

The.boxes.arent.just.on.ground.level; i dunno why i convinced myself they would be but i was shocked as i found some up high on ledges i.e. every collectible in the Forest for me, was on up rocks, like even the ones up where the log bridge is.

I found 17 on The Divide alone, they cant be in spawn areas, so as soon as you're out the orange barrier - everything is free game but they are mostly middle map on there and i only encountered 2 in a duplicate spot, the others were all unique to what I'd seen before.

I was gonna write this trophy off as it just seemed like a massive ridiculous task but after you find 5 or so it goes quicker, you know spots they may be or never would be and i went from 4 to 25 in about 2 and a half hours, even competing against some players (most of the time they wont shoot at you and just look for themselves, this may change the closer to close date)

The Divide, Forest and Penthouse are all preferred maps, at least for me, Forest is bigger but as i say they were all on the rock mounds. Divide was my fave, i only ever got Penthouse once but did find the box in seconds on there.

Good luck mate, sorry for the long post but i hope any of it helps you or anyone else even a bit!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Sylvanticore said:

Thank you for the response, this trophy is a bit of a pain it seems, joined one where another person was on the other side and they must have been lucky as they got the collectible within 10 seconds of the match.

I played on a server called The Veteran 4 and almost always was alone. Got all 25 in a couple hours. Once you get to know the map, is fast to get them. Yeah, sometimes it spawns in the first room below you and it's just 10 secs.

My strat was to drop down the stairs, check the room and then circle the map in the ground level. 90% of the time the collectible was there. Sometimes it spawns in the top level, in the bar zone.

• Like 2

I started mine at like 11.30pm UK time, and I was in the official hardcore search and destroy playlist was dead got every collectible in that playlist with most of them being on The Penthouse map fairly easily locations on that map not much searching needed at all. I can't remember if this was a custom warzone I don't think I was as it said Guerilla Games

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, breakXedge said:

I played on a server called The Veteran 4 and almost always was alone. Got all 25 in a couple hours

i have to add in i also used veteran 4 it has the penthouse map. there's times of the night or early morning you may be the only person grinding on that map. you definitely want the only person playing in the warzone so you can get collectibles (was able to find the collectible most of the time, sometimes if you cant find it after looking everywhere) it's best to exit and try again.

the refresh happens every few hours in case it goes to 0, there was one instance where that happened when i had to wait.

Edited by Lordguwa

23 hours ago, AstroFlibble said:

Grinding put this trophy on 'The Veteran 4' on Penthouse is what got me the trophy in about 3-4 hours. Had another player or two on the lobby half of the time, but got a pretty decent run at hunting down the collectable in a lobby all of my own for a while too.

Can you host a veteran 4 so i can play it?