Fall 2022 Backlog Challenge

Mission 100%: Fall 2022 Backlog Challenge

Special thanks to @damon8r351 @colinmazzini and @ShadowStar83x for their parts in hosting the challenge!

If you're like me, you've got an insanely large backlog and have no good reason you keep putting it off and watching it grow. Why not do something about it? Like previous backlog challenges, this event is a challenge to the community to select between 5 and 25 games from your backlog and complete them to 100% starting 00:01 AM EST September 1 and ending at 23:59 US EST on November 30. If you complete the maximum of 25 before the end of the challenge, you can add up to 15 more games for a total of 40.

Now, here are the details and rules. 

• Event Philosophy: This is a firm commitment to complete the games you say you will within the time limit, so choose games you know you can finish, and select a manageable number. The minimum for the event is 5 games, and the maximum is 25. If you finish 25 games, you can add up to 10 more. You can change your games as much as you want until 23:59 EST on August 31. After the event begins, you can make up to three swaps. If you think there's a good reason to drop a game entirely without swapping (like your console broke or the game got damaged beyond repair), message meIf you want to add more games to your list or want to continue after finishing your list, you can add games to your list up to the maximum. Existing DLC counts in the challenge, but any DLC released during the challenge doesn’t have to be completed, but feel free to do so if you wish.
  • Eligible Games: Any game with trophies are eligible for the event, with a few exceptions. One game can have a completion percentage of up to 50%, but the rest must be 33% or under. Unreleased games are fine as long as they're released and you buy them within the challenge's timeframe. If it gets delayed outside the challenge window, you can swap it and it not count against the three swaps. Standalone DLC (like Uncharted: The Lost Legacy) is acceptable as long as it's not part of another trophy list. If it is (Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare for example), you have to also complete the other trophies. You can also do a game where 100% is unobtainable if you feel strongly about it, but you must complete all obtainable trophies. Individual episodes of a game that has separate trophy lists, such as in early Telltale games or Broken Sword on the Vita, count as a single game; therefore, Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse counts as 1 game, not 5. For this event, you may complete a game you have previously done for a different platform or region before the start of this event, but you may not do the same game multiple times during this event. Cross-saving a game for an easy completion will also be ineligible. This includes autopopping a cross gen game on PS5. If you want it on both, you have to do it legit. Shovelware games (jump, Breakthrough, the random object letter, etc.) are strictly prohibited.
  • Eligible Participants: Anyone is eligible to participate, provided you are serious about completing the games you say will. However, if you have flagged games on your PSNProfile, you are banned from participating unless you hide the games, get unflagged, or use a different profile. No cheating! You will be added to the list with your PSN name rather than PSNP, so if you change your PSN ID, please let me know so I can update you on the list. I will update the participants at least once a day, but if I miss you, @ me or send me a message and I'll add you ASAP.

Participation List

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Just fall this year, no Fall/Winter combined?

Yeah. Like I mentioned when I announced it in the summer thread (and added to the first post), I'm taking winter off. Hoping to find someone to sub on that one. Next year I'll likely bring it back.

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Yeah. Like I mentioned when I announced it in the summer thread, I'm taking winter off. Hoping to find someone to sub on that one. Next year I'll likely bring it back.

ahh , i have not been keeping up on the Summer thread. I will look at my schedule as we get closer to that time.  

On 8/1/2022 at 11:30 PM, DFuzed said:

@MidnightDragon If you want help let me know.

Continuing my interest in this challenge!

Temporary list subject to change:

Chrono Cross

Stray

Sam and Max BTS: Episode 1

Sam and Max BTS: Episode 2

Sam and Max BTS: Episode 3

Sam and Max BTS: Episode 4

Sam and Max BTS: Episode 5

Sam and Max TDP: Episode 1

Sam and Max TDP: Episode 2

Sam and Max TDP: Episode 3

Sam and Max TDP: Episode 4

Sam and Max TDP: Episode 5

The Sam and Max games would count as two games. From the rules…

Individual episodes of a game that has separate trophy lists, such as in early Telltale games or Broken Sword on the Vita, count as a single game; therefore, Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse counts as 1 game, not 5.

So you have four games. Add one more and you’re good.

On 8/1/2022 at 11:19 AM, Heather342 said:

I'm signing up again 1f601.png. List is below:

- The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - 0%

- Doki Doki Literature Club - 0%

- Detroit Become Human - 0%

- Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy - 0%

- Red Dead Redemption 2 - 20%

I know RDR2 is a tall order, but I have a feeling this one will probably roll into the winter challenge. But figured I may as well make a dent in it during fall 1f60a.png

On 8/1/2022 at 3:22 PM, Static_Rook said:

I'm in again! Starting with just five games since that seemed to work well in the Summer challenge. The list is tentative, I'll update it again just before the deadline.

Final Fantasy VII Remake 45%
Hotline Miami 2 1%
Just Dance 2021 14%
RPG Maker MV 0%
Two Point Hospital 1%

On 8/1/2022 at 4:23 PM, Hurricane_Tanya said:

I’m in again, even though my Summer list is not going too well so far.

My games so far are

- Spider-Man: Miles Morales - 5%
- Guardians of the Galaxy - 9%
- Chicken Police - 4%
- Titanfall 2 - 0%
- Jedi Fallen Order - 0%

- inFamous First Light - 0%

Lots of new to me games this time, but I’ve heard that a few of them are pretty short. 

On 8/2/2022 at 3:08 AM, reaperveteran86 said:

I´m in again. My list:

- Left Alive 0%

-  Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight 7%

- Ys Origin 0%

- Kill la Kill IF 0%

-Shantae and the Seven Sirens 0%

- Siren 42%

- Wild Arms 0%

- The Coma 2: Vicious Sisters 0%

-Mobile Suit Gundam: Battle Operation Code Fairy 14%

- Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection (Release: August 30.)

I`ll try to go out of my comfort zone this time with adding a 7/8 difficulty game (Ys Origin/Left Alive) and hope it works out. With the other games I hope to have found a good balance between shorter and longer games this time.

On 8/2/2022 at 6:17 AM, Fanatixa1 said:

Hi everyone, 

Sign me up please 1f603.png. My list for now: 

Escapist the walking dead - 48%

Two point campus - 0%

Yakuza: Like a Dragon - 17%

Elden ring - 0%

Pic a pic pieces - 0%

22 hours ago, ConAir said:

Don't want to miss out offcourse. September will be all about Vita games (consoles might be boxed than). Oktober and November might be the Halloween theme.

To get a better Vita completion ratio, here is the starting list. Might change it before the deadline.

1) Need for Speed: Most Wanted (Vita) 50% 

2) Resistance: Burning Skies (Vita) 9%

3) Table Top Racing (Vita) 28%

4) Garou: Mark of the Wolves (Vita) 23%

5) Word Search by POWGI (Vita) 32%

Added. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

The Sam and Max games would count as two games. From the rules…

So you have four games. Add one more and you’re good.

I know. I plan to add more, just not sure what games at this moment. Might even take one set of S&M and keep them for another time.