Fall 2022 Backlog Challenge

5 hours ago, Taruta13 said:

Okay! I finally came up with five games. I could do in two months but most would be jokeathons and I wanted to be respectful. There are three major headaches I want out of the way:

Disgaea 5: I know there is a video doing an all-trophies run in under 5 hours by Green Z-Saber, I need to research that. I love the Disgaea series but didn't give any credit.

Dark Cloud: I know this game isn't too long to complete, especially since there is a glitch that lets you give every character their ultimate weapon with max stats in only a few upgrades.

Ni No Kuni: I have a copy of the Remastered version but the original is on PS+ Premium and I could stream it and just do the dupe glitch to get the trophy for the 500,000 guilders before I complete Al Mamoon and just be overpowered. Should I take the Remastered disc back to GameStop and trade it for store credit and just stream the PS3 version? Please answer ASAP. :(

The other two games are:

Celeste: I'll use Assist Mode but it won't be a cakewalk as I have to do the 8-PICO version unaided and the levels there are brutal as all hell.

Bonds of the Skies: I played this on Vita and enjoyed it, I have the PS4 copy on an old account. I'll willing buy some of the DLC just to get through it.

NOTE: I could just swap out Ni No Kuni, abandoning it AGAIN, for the Scribblenauts Mega Pack as I could just knock out Unmasked first because Unlimited is super easy. Thoughts please?

I have it...let me know what you think. And added you to the list.

Edited by MidnightDragon

1 hour ago, Taruta13 said:

Thanks, and you have what? Are you talking about Scribblenauts? Having platinumed it on an older account, it's a nice game. The UI for entering words isn't too bad(though it's nothing to the original DS Scribblenauts which was level based and let you use the touch screen to enter stuff on a bottom-screen keyboard.

Yea, Scribblenauts. Sorry.

11 minutes ago, AgentPenguin08 said:

I've always wanted to participate in an event on this site but never have, so now's the time to change that!

You picked a good one to start with! It’s easily one of the best events on the site. I did the Fall/Winter challenge last year and had a blast, and found it a great way to stay motivated and inspired while working through the backlog, and a great way to see what your peers are playing and find new games too. MidnightDragon always does a great job hosting these. Have fun! ?

• Like 4

6 hours ago, AgentPenguin08 said:

I've always wanted to participate in an event on this site but never have, so now's the time to change that! I'll start with 5 games and might add more if I end up finishing them quicker than expected. For now, here is my list:

1. Jak II (PS4) - 0%

2. Batman Arkham Asylum (PS4) - 31%

3. God of War (2018) (PS4) - 30%

4. The Tower of Deadly Monsters (PS4) - 14%

5. Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time (PS3) - 0%

Added.

And thank you for the kind words @dieselmanchild

• Like 2

On 8/25/2022 at 2:11 PM, GGDee-Official said:

Sign me up!

Tales of Arise 17%

NieR: Automata 5%

A Plague Tale: Innocence 6%

Ys IX: Monstrum Nox 2%

World of Final Fantasy 10%

woooo! thats a lot of JRPGs. lets do it anyway :D

9 hours ago, J-HOOOPPPEE said:

I would love to join and finally try to get my shameful completion percentage up

my list:

God of war (2018) - 31%

Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart - 7%

MediEvil - 24%

Spyro 3: Year of the dragon - 24%

Uncharted 4: A Thiefs end - 25%

Added

• Like 2

On 8/27/2022 at 10:13 AM, KimBongUn420 said:

I'll be in for this one too. 

• Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
  • Cat Quest
  • Cat Quest II
  • Atelier Sophie DX
  • Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning
  • Burly Men at Sea
  • Stray [PS5]

(All at 0%)

Keeping it light this time since Wrath is coming out in September and I'll definitely be spending a lot of time there 1f642.png

On 8/28/2022 at 5:22 PM, RomanPeirs said:

Alright, goddamn it, I'm in.

1. NieR: Automata (PS4): 7%
  2. Alien: Isolation (PS4): 34%
  3. Jump Force (PS4): 20%
  4. Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z (PS3): 0%
  5. Arcana Heart 3 (PS3): 31%

Hopefully I can finish all of these, as well as Resident Evil 6 and Skyrim, which are too high and therefore not an official part of this challenge.

Good luck to all of you!

20 hours ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Gonna start with just a few flat games because my PSVR was already on death's door and I haven't yet had the chance to clean my room & set it up to see if it survived moving; if all is well with it I'll add a few more PSVR games later on. Otherwise I guess I'll add some more flat games? If I'm understanding the rules correctly I can add games as I please up to the maximum during the event; please correct me if I'm wrong.

Cyberpunk 2077 - 1%

Songbird Symphony - 9%

Forgotten Anne - 8%

Landflix Odyssey - 14%

Curse of the Dead Gods - 0%

Added. Sorry for the delay.

• Like 1