PS+ Question

Halsad

Hey guys, I have a question, lets say I bought a 3month subscription for PS+, and when it expires the games I have will be gone. Is there a way to keep them like not logging in PSN after the deadline or something, or do they get blocked even if I stay offline?

Pretty sure that you will only retain the access to the games for the duration of your subscription. So that probably won't work. It is much cheaper to get a year subscription, then you won't have to worry. You already make back the price you pay for the yearly subscription and then some, with the free access you get.

Hey guys, I have a question, lets say I bought a 3month subscription for PS+, and when it expires the games I have will be gone. Is there a way to keep them like not logging in PSN after the deadline or something, or do they get blocked even if I stay offline?

Every PS+ game you download has a running counter of how many days left on your subscription when you download it. You can check it by selecting a PS+ game on your system and pressing triangle and going to Information. So no, you can't do anything to keep the games after your membership expires. 

Why would you even try to cheat them? They are giving you excellent thing. btw It's better to take a year ps plus membership, trust me :)

There is a chance that I will not plat all the games in time, so if i could at least play them offline it would be great :P

On 2/16/2014 at 1:44 PM, Halsad said:

There is a chance that I will not plat all the games in time, so if i could at least play them offline it would be great :P

Yeah, I agree with you. That would be awesome for us but not for them lol. Now I wonder, is there any trick that could work?

Edited by Amonares

Yeah, I agree with you. That would be awesome. But not for them lol They expect from you to take another subscription then. So it's much better to take a year subscription. But yeah, I wonder, is there any trick that could work?

To be honest subbing again is worth it, instead of spending 60euros on a game and play for a week and not playing it again after plat, its better to have a monthly supply of games for the same price. :P

• Like 1

I have a friend that played Dead Space 2 after his subscription ended by playing offline so maybe that's possible

When your subscription ends - you will still get whatever amount of time is left on the subscription for that month - then the restrictions will start. Only after the next renewal or period of billing will it cancel, otherwise you aren't getting what you paid for from a subscription point of view.

I've always wondered something. They have a timer right? What if before the timer hits the end you change the internal clock (like around 2 months back) and unplug the ethernet cable? How can your PS3 know what date it is?

Their servers time never stops, so no matter what you do with your console you'll still have to renew your subscription

Edited by starhope39

am i the only PS+ subscriber that hasnt tried to get slick with this? i mean come on, between all the games you get for free (my backlog has about 250+ games) and all the insane discounts, the LAST thing im thinking about is getting over on Sony, especially with all theyre giving us for $60 a year. 

this is how we lose good things!! remember when we were allowed to have 5 systems linked to one account? yeah, dont fuck this up too...  :|

• Like 2

Their servers time never stops, so no matter what you do with your console you'll still have to renew your subscription

If you cut your internet connection you can't connect to the servers, how do they know how much time do you have left if they can't connect to you? I only see one options for them to control this, the timer is actual independent of your internal clock and counts the hours independently and shuts down when the clock reachs zero.

am i the only PS+ subscriber that hasnt tried to get slick with this? i mean come on, between all the games you get for free (my backlog has about 250+ games) and all the insane discounts, the LAST thing im thinking about is getting over on Sony, especially with all theyre giving us for $60 a year. 

this is how we lose good things!! remember when we were allowed to have 5 systems linked to one account? yeah, dont fuck this up too...  :|

I couldn't care less for Plus, I like to own my games so I only get them digitally when it's the only option, given the choice I always go for physical, even if I have to pay more (and I never do, you just need to know where to buy them from). I was just curious how they can control something like that if they don't have a way to access your info if you never go back online.

Umm,pretty sure that you can't cheat your playstation. If your membership has expired,you aren't going to be able to play them even offline. Not sure why you would try but yea. And like someone else said,a year subscription is a way better deal than the other options. And ps+ is a good offer anyway.

If you cut your internet connection you can't connect to the servers, how do they know how much time do you have left if they can't connect to you? I only see one options for them to control this, the timer is actual independent of your internal clock and counts the hours independently and shuts down when the clock reachs zero.

The counter starts when the game is activated which happens before it's downloaded or played.

Setting your system clock back two months doesn't make any difference because the Days Remaining counter is unaffected. Besides, every time you connect to the internet on a PS3, several servers are pinged during the boot process, regardless of whether or not you open a game.

The only way to prevent all internet access is to disable wireless / unplug the ethernet cable, but then you won't be syncing your trophies, so what's the point? And again, it makes no difference to the Days Remaining counter.

Umm,pretty sure that you can't cheat your playstation. If your membership has expired,you aren't going to be able to play them even offline. Not sure why you would try but yea. And like someone else said,a year subscription is a way better deal than the other options. And ps+ is a good offer anyway.

They didn't prevent the exploit to get unlimited Plus membership on the PS4 so yeah, you can cheat SONY.

The counter starts when the game is activated which happens before it's downloaded or played.

Setting your system clock back two months doesn't make any difference because the Days Remaining counter is unaffected. Besides, every time you connect to the internet on a PS3, several servers are pinged during the boot process, regardless of whether or not you open a game.

The only way to prevent all internet access is to disable wireless / unplug the ethernet cable, but then you won't be syncing your trophies, so what's the point? And again, it makes no difference to the Days Remaining counter.

The point is to play the games for as long as someone wants without paying more for it, no one would care for trophies if they could play the games for free.

Look, I don't care for this, like I said, I like to own my games and only buy physical anyway unless I don't have any other choice and the only plus I've got was some 30 days trials and the 3 months SONY gave me with GOW Ascension, I apreciate what SONY is giving us with Plus but it's just something I would never ever pay for (no, not even to play online, that's something I don't care either), I was just wondering and I had a pretty good ideia how they would prevent an exploit like this.

Edited by Devil_Spooky

They didn't prevent the exploit to get unlimited Plus membership on the PS4 so yeah, you can cheat SONY.

The point is to play the games for as long as someone wants without paying more for it, no one would care for trophies if they could play the games for free.

Look, I don't care for this, like I said, I like to own my games and only buy physical anyway unless I don't have any other choice and the only plus I've got was some 30 days trials and the 3 months SONY gave me with GOW Ascension, I apreciate what SONY is giving us with Plus but it's just something I would never ever pay for (no, not even to play online, that's something I don't care either), I was just wondering and I had a pretty good ideia how they would prevent an exploit like this.

If you don't want to pay for Plus then don't. Why do you feel the need to exploit it and try to ruin it for everyone else. If you really want to play the games go BUY them and support the people who made them OR pay for PS Plus and get free games every month. 

It actually depends on how you get these hypothetical games through PS+, if they're at a discount you'll keep them after the subscription expires, but any that are free will be locked until you renew your subscription, but anything other than a game that you get for free thanks to PS+ will be yours to keep regardless of whether you renew or not..

If you don't want to pay for Plus then don't. Why do you feel the need to exploit it and try to ruin it for everyone else. If you really want to play the games go BUY them and support the people who made them OR pay for PS Plus and get free games every month. 

Sigh... Next time try to read the whole post ok?

I DON'T WANT TO GET GAMES FOR FREE, NOT WITH PLUS, NOT BY EXPLOITING SONY, I BUY ALL MY GAMES PHYSICALY... God... I have around 800 games from various systems, all boxed and on my shelfs, I don't need free games from anyone, I was just wondering ok? Understand now? Or do I need to draw it? Jesus Effin Christ...