Siege rotation

Blackmist_FFXI

Just wondering if anyone knows the rotation for seiges.

Came back to the game and spent the last 2 days getting my power level from 72 to 105, and was hoping to do some seiges really quick as all I need now for plat are some last-teir crafting materials (2 gold chalice, 5 gray pots) to get my lv3/10 upgrade trophy's respectfully, and it seems it only takes a few (80-100) seige tokens to buy the mats I need to pop the ? (easy 10 matches)

It is currently thunder in eluseum(sp) gear score 260 iirc 

And from what I read need 110 for frost seige, as it's supposed to be the easiest.

Does it rotate by going back to the top Element area (frost I think) come the 8th? Or when ever the current rotation changes, or is it random.

Getting burnt out running solo, done 40 missions (mainly lv20 session event mission for easy legendary and quick mission clears) trying to get mats to work towards the 50 bounty's/ 50 items crafted as that also gives the chalices that I need.

It's also becoming tricky to keep my HP/SP syphon/Regen up without my lv72 gear that was structured around consecutive attacks = crit/sp drain. Kills= HP/sp Regen, run outta SP after 2 vollys if spectral attacks 

All out of the tokens needed to meld equipment.

• 2 months later...

I noticed that the Seige node is gone today, Oct 2, 2022. Is this normal?

I presume they will return soon?

EDIT: So I've not completed that 2nd Story nodes (Tower of Babylon). I'm guessing the Seige node is in the 3rd story cluster which I've yet to reach. I'll try to clear them tomorrow and will update if I see it.

Edited by vinster
More info.

9 hours ago, vinster said:

I noticed that the Seige node is gone today, Oct 2, 2022. Is this normal?

I presume they will return soon?

EDIT: So I've not completed that 2nd Story nodes (Tower of Babylon). I'm guessing the Seige node is in the 3rd story cluster which I've yet to reach. I'll try to clear them tomorrow and will update if I see it.

I saw that as well. I farmed out materials on the hall of thunder 210 power mission and on Sunday went to try to help a friend and noticed there wasn't a timed mission in rotation after this weekly reset. I've done all main story missions in both areas and didn't see one.

2 hours ago, LordEddardStark7 said:

Just checked with a friend, the siege needed is part of the 3rd story line and a quest line called Duat. That’s a lot of optional stuff to do to get to the siege and then grind a few more for the oils. It gets rotated out on 10/10/22 so I’d rather wait and hope it’s at least in the 2nd story line.

Thanks for the info.

I'm almost at the 3rd story line so will continue. I still need more Legendary Gear and conches for those trophies, so it won't be for nothing. I also just hit gear val 200 and want to be higher so that hopefully the sieges will be more manageable solo.

Honestly, I don't mind this game at all. Sure it's repetitive, but once you're leveled up, the button mashing is quite fun and I don't have to think too much so it's quite relaxing too. I'll be sorry once the servers are shut down, but also glad as well, since I know that the game will end and there will be no more trophies to worry about.

2 hours ago, LordEddardStark7 said:

Just checked with a friend, the siege needed is part of the 3rd story line and a quest line called Duat. That’s a lot of optional stuff to do to get to the siege and then grind a few more for the oils. It gets rotated out on 10/10/22 so I’d rather wait and hope it’s at least in the 2nd story line.

Do you have any idea what the level is for that siege?

Thanks in advance

The lowest level seige I managed to find before stopping was 210 I kept just buying gear from the merchant and merging melding all that fun stuff.

I managed to get the last few materials needed after three sieges as they do drop from enemies and you don't have to just trade in your tokens. But it does help towards farming the 100 legendary, but they too were falling from the sky in the 210 lava/fire siege if memories serve.

The seiges will be, if I recall correctly.

On the right side of the 'mission tree' 

You'll be able to find what section/zone the seige is in by a flashing icon. I think it's an elemental shaped icon. 

You get your 'star/compass' icon that shows you where your next main mission is.

You'll have a similar one for seige.

Seiges are only in the fire / thunder / ice zones respectively, so they won't show in Elysium.

They change around 8am pst Monday weekly.

They branch off like skirmishes,  but top left of mission debriefing, will say seige instead of skirmish.  And you'll get the 'tier 1, 2, 3' variants. Although there's no real reason to do the higher tiers 

Being a about 3-5 levels higher then recommended makes them a joke. And if you have a good 'opposing elemental blade's and steady stamina recovery. Seiges should take about 10-15m arun.

There was a week we're there was no seiges going when I was working on finishing this title afew months back. Might have to just check each zone weekly. 

You also might be able to find some via 'quick join' or what ever the que option was to find a misc. Mission starting or in progress. 

Tho when I attempted to do it this way, I found none. - but there was also no active seige at that time.

Okay thanks, maybe we are on a week without Sieges because my friend and I checked every location several times and all we have are Skirmishes and Duels. We are both pretty bored of the game so just want to get right into the proper grinding to finish off the last five trophies. I guess we will keep running some skirmishes for 100 legendaries until Monday. 

3 hours ago, AyAerith said:

Okay thanks, maybe we are on a week without Sieges because my friend and I checked every location several times and all we have are Skirmishes and Duels. We are both pretty bored of the game so just want to get right into the proper grinding to finish off the last five trophies. I guess we will keep running some skirmishes for 100 legendaries until Monday. 

There is a Siege this week. It's on the Duat cloister in the Tower of Benben (3rd story quests line). See picture link below. It'll be rotated out weekly on Sunday.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/KifSV6ZGRD6SnbVu8

• Like 2

Question: So the sieges rotate weekly, and there seems to be a set of four of them. The first one is 210, second one is 230 (way out of our range). Is the first one each week always 210 power? Because my friend and I are struggling to level up now (200 seems to be a soft cap of sorts).

If next week's siege is higher than 210, we're fucked until this one rotates back around.

New seige every week so you would have to wait for it to go thru the power scale. 210-270 unsure if any higher think power cap is 300.

What I would recommend and what I did to get to 210 was do power level 190-205 and run thru quick skirmishes to get upgrade materials and just meld your gear into other higher level pieces of basic store-bought gear.

The store will scale off of your relative power level so if you just equip whatever you have highest in each slot by then buy  equipment off the NPC, then meld your preferred gear into the new purchase. Witch should be about same level / +2 lv higher in equipped power.

That's what I did to get to power level 210 from about 190 was quicker than hoping for decent drops or good higher lv gear that worked with my build.

also seems like loot luck if you want to call it that, resets every day since my item level drop seem to balance out after about four runs and only getting plus five to my power level

Edited by Blackmist_FFXI
Speech to text hates me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...