What... is region locked?!

ISAMU_MkII

1 minute ago, KingSkovald said:

Yes, it's 11AM right now, I can play now but not for long, it may be enough to get those trophies. Then I can leave my vita rubber banded so you can farm games

Nice, I can try now.

Those drones trophy need go. 

Please add my PSN is exactly the same as my username here.

6 hours ago, CelestialRequiem said:

I have the Japanese version. There is no online pass.

Digital or physical? As far as I know some physical PS3/Vita games require online pass but digital versions don't. It was definitely the case with NFS: Hot Pursuit, before boosting it I saw a thread on PSNP saying that the only way to play MP is to use 2-day free trial so I prepared to boost it within 2 days during weekend but when I launched my digital version it didn't even ask me to start trial or anything like that and I didn't have any online passes in my download list and it isn't even present in store. Those online passes can be tied only to physical versions and distributed only via codes, back in the days it was bs tactics of some publishers to prevent sharing discs with friends so people had to buy a new disc if they wanted to play online. It makes sense that digital versions don't require online pass as you can't share a digital version anyway.

EDIT: proof that Japanese version indeed requires online pass

Edited by KingSkovald

2 hours ago, KingSkovald said:

Digital or physical? As far as I know some physical PS3/Vita games require online pass but digital versions don't. It was definitely the case with NFS: Hot Pursuit, before boosting it I saw a thread on PSNP saying that the only way to play MP is to use 2-day free trial so I prepared to boost it within 2 days during weekend but when I launched my digital version it didn't even ask me to start trial or anything like that and I didn't have any online passes in my download list and it isn't even present in store. Those online passes can be tied only to physical versions and distributed only via codes, back in the days it was bs tactics of some publishers to prevent sharing discs with friends so people had to buy a new disc if they wanted to play online. It makes sense that digital versions don't require online pass as you can't share a digital version anyway.

EDIT: proof that Japanese version indeed requires online pass

Ah that makes sense.

I do know some of the bullshit for the Japanese version of Bot Zone being a paid DLC. I heard it was free elsewhere. 

• Like 1