Crypt of the NecroDancer Announcement on Aug 4, 2022

Eternal21

22 minutes ago, postofficebuddy said:

I’m really hoping they don’t announce the shutdown of the daily challenge servers. I was thinking about starting this one at some point. No delusions of grandeur or anything but it would be rather annoying to be locked out of the only online trophy. 

Damn, I wasn't even aware this had online trophies.  Is there only one?  I'd be probably starting with this one.

35 minutes ago, postofficebuddy said:

I’m really hoping they don’t announce the shutdown of the daily challenge servers. I was thinking about starting this one at some point. No delusions of grandeur or anything but it would be rather annoying to be locked out of the only online trophy. 

Crap I didn't even know it had online! I should get it done too just in case then. I'm not even sure if i can do it but i might as well take a look.

12 minutes ago, Eternal21 said:

Damn, I wasn't even aware this had online trophies.  Is there only one?  I'd be probably starting with this one.

As far as I know, and I could be wrong, kind of technically the entire game is online. It looks like it's not possible to complete those more difficult runs without internet access, but I'm not sure (someone will probably confirm)

25 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

As far as I know, and I could be wrong, kind of technically the entire game is online. It looks like it's not possible to complete those more difficult runs without internet access, but I'm not sure (someone will probably confirm)

You can complete all the trophies (aside from the daily challenge) offline without the need for internet access. Internet is just for leaderboard.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MohandGamer7 said:

You can complete all the trophies (aside from the daily challenge) offline without the need for internet access. Internet is just for leaderboard.

So this game will still be obtainable if one day the leaderboard ceases to exist and this trophy is out of the way. Nice.

Can you tell me how long it takes for this specific trophy? I need to get rid of it.

40 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

Can you tell me how long it takes for this specific trophy? I need to get rid of it.

It's really hard to give a clear answer because it all depends on your experience in the game. The trophy requires you to clear a cadence all-zones run which can take 20 minutes and you get 1 try per day. It's an easy task for those who played the game for over 50 hours but for someone who never completed a cadence all zones run, it will take some time to learn the game and be able to clear all zones more consistently. Talking about at least 15-20 hours of learning to complete a 20 minutes run. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MohandGamer7 said:

It's really hard to give a clear answer because it all depends on your experience in the game. The trophy requires you to clear a cadence all-zones run which can take 20 minutes and you get 1 try per day. It's an easy task for those who played the game for over 50 hours but for someone who never completed a cadence all zones run, it will take some time to learn the game and be able to clear all zones more consistently. Talking about at least 15-20 hours of learning to complete a 20 minutes run. 

Eh... definitely can't be a last minute trophy

53 minutes ago, SlimSanta94 said:

I have a feeling it's related to the recent update on PC or a new DLC for the game. I can't imagine it being an entirely new game or anything else.

But why would they say "Crypt of the necrodancer Franchise"!! It's a possibility that they refer to cadence of Hyurula too so a new game to include in this franchise is more likely I believe

• Like 2

I thought I heard that somewhere through the grapevine anyway that they were trying to make the game more accessible. Is it possible that they may be referring to adding a quit/save function to the game? Some recent Steam notes would indicate that was coming. 

If not, that would be pretty sweet to see some new DLC as well! Glad to see Brace Yourself Games is still showing this game so much love. Either way I'll be intrigued to see the announcement. 

• Like 1

That is fantastic :yay: The game is over 7 years old and still getting so much love... I guess that just speaks to how amazing it truly is!

MP tho now, huh?! That is gonna be extremely interesting to say the least. The new characters look pretty badass as well. 

Very curious to find out more about Rift... There aren't any other details out there I've been able to find yet!

• Like 2