Crypt of the NecroDancer Announcement on Aug 4, 2022

Eternal21

3 hours ago, Smashero said:

New DLC+MP - SYNCHRONY

Aaaaand one more game!

"RIFT OF THE NECRODANCER"!

I have this feeling that everything will be on PC only...

I knew it, 1 video just for the update it would be a waste. DLC and A NEW GAME boys!!!!!! as someone who has everything in PS4 and almost everything on Steam, this is all a fan of the franchise would ask

• Like 1

You come back after 5 years and the first thing you do is make us pay for new DLC? What the hell? It should've been free as a way to say "Hey, we're back, enjoy our new content before we release new DLC" That’s scummy, at this point not a lot of people care about the game and now you're making them pay.

New DLC looks like it has some pretty good new additions, especially the dash character looks quite fun to play!

These are btw the Steam achievements for Synchrony, which is probably what the PS trophies will look like as well if this DLC comes to consoles as well:

rpNN0jQ.png

10 minute speedrun looks like it could be pretty tricky, but for the most part it isn't anywhere near as hard as the base game or Amplified trophies it seems.

Edited by Dzware

On 8/7/2022 at 10:03 PM, HardXDXtraga said:

Nobody's making you pay my dude, you do that if you want to access the new content out of your own volition, not because someone is holding a gun to your head.

Don’t get me wrong, even though it’s a scummy move, I’m still going to get the new DLC because the game is actually a lot of fun. I haven’t touched Necrodancer in months though because I died on my third to last character on my all chars DLC run. They should at the very least let us earn the trophies with the save option.

On 8/7/2022 at 10:45 PM, BloodyRutz said:

This is the stupidest thing I've read in a long time.

You could’ve just told me that in a private message, guess you didn’t have the courage to do so.

Edited by Merty
  • Like 1

I’m almost done with the game and I still want them to enable the trophies with the new save system. I highly doubt they will be able to prevent it. They could probably track people who have abused the save system and remove them from the leaderboards, but they can’t delete the trophies.

12 hours ago, EternaISamuraiX said:

I’m almost done with the game and I still want them to enable the trophies with the new save system. I highly doubt they will be able to prevent it. They could probably track people who have abused the save system and remove them from the leaderboards, but they can’t delete the trophies.

I'm guessing you mean in-game leaderboards rather than PSNP leaderboard. At least for PSNP people won't be removed from the leaderboards for save scumming if the game officially allows it. I highly doubt any trophy hunter would care if the trophy still unlocks but they're not allowed on the in-game leaderboard. As for people being elitist about your "effort being stolen", you should want the game to be more accessible because if you liked the game then the developers get more money from sales and have a higher chance of success in a sequel and you get more content from the game by them having more success. In this day and age trophy integrity isn't driving the sales of the game. People will know you did the trophies when they were at their worst based on the date they were achieved and that effort won't be forgotten. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, kevao97 said:

the game becoming more accessible doesn't stop anyone from playing the "legitimate" way either...

when sifu added an easy option, the salt from people was epic and that game wasnt even on the same planet as necrodancer is in terms of difficulty. making necrodancer easier would be an epic popcorn moment when reading the responses from people who take trophies wwwaaaayyyyy too seriously and think trophies have any impact on their lives in real life besides time spent.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/7/2022 at 3:47 PM, Eternal21 said:

I just hope the new additions don't make trophies any easier, for the sake of the people that put in the time and effort to earn them already.

Well it looks like everyone is going to play "No Beat Mode" whenever this DLC releases on console. I tried it and it worked for the achievement. You can also use "No Beat Mode" for the "All Chars" runs.

Edited by gamercris066
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, gamercris066 said:

Well it looks like everyone is going to play "No Beat Mode" whenever this DLC releases on console. I tried it and it worked for the achievement. You can also use "No Beat Mode" for the "All Chars" runs.

Wait, so this means everybody plays like Bard essentially? How disappointing... What would be the point of playing as Aria or Bolt then??! Kinda defeats the whole purpose of the game that way.

8 minutes ago, Joe Dubz said:

Wait, so this means everybody plays like Bard essentially? How disappointing... What would be the point of playing as Aria or Bolt then??! Kinda defeats the whole purpose of the game that way.

Here's what Bolt and Coda look like in "No Beat Mode" (yes its Bard with Double Tempo)

Edited by gamercris066

5 minutes ago, gamercris066 said:

Here's what Bolt and Coda look like in "No Beat Mode"

Wow... Geezus and I thought DBPM was fast! I was having a hard time just keeping up with any of that! Not to mention they did that insanely fast Bard run without taking any hits. That was most impressive! That dude could prob clear the game in like 2 minutes if he tried ?

26 minutes ago, Joe Dubz said:

Wait, so this means everybody plays like Bard essentially? 

It gives all the characters Bards ability. And you can use this mode to make every trophy easy. It even works in the 'All Chars Mode"

Edited by gamercris066
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, gamercris066 said:

It gives all the characters Bards ability. And you can use this mode to make every trophy easy. It even works in the 'All Chars Mode"

Kind of a bummer! I'm all for accessibility, don't get me wrong. But in a game like this that is renowned for its challenge, it's completely trivialized by an option like that! And Coda?! Not gonna be hard without the DBPM aspect of it IMO.

Ah well, I'm not gonna lose sleep over it. I'm just gonna keep enjoying it the way it is for now and try to resist the temptation to do that if it becomes available!