Tonkers Bonkers Checklist

tonkie18

Tackle Spyro. Find a micecrsft discord or seed with easy trophy pops. Some people store all items needed so you join their game and reap the rewards. That'd be 2 easy ones down.

Subnautica has a dev mode to get plat in under 2hrs as well.

I am amazed you got as much done on Fallout76 as you did. Nobody likes that game, it still sells for like 50 cents lol

Rule number 1 - we don’t talk about the formatting ???

Spryo’s platinum is party like it’s 2023 so I wanted to do that in January next year ?

Fallout - god I’ve been back to it 3 times, having to relearn the game over and over and it freezes and crashes constantly. Very frustrating!

Didn’t know that about minecraft though, I’ll have a look into that as I didn’t realise how many trophies it had!

22 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

Hi. I’m Tonkie and this is my checklist. After becoming overwhelmed with the size of my backlog (it’s a big one!) I thought this may give me some motivation. I have chipped off around 1000 trophies from the bad boy this year, but with it still being quite girthy and without a record - did it actually happen? So I thought this would be the best way of keeping progress.

However, I am open to advice, suggestions, finding out whether more servers are closing down 1f62d.png company, general chitchat, shootin the shit, mutual corner rocking, snack sharing, polite bitching, dad jokes and moral support is definitely encouraged.

first things first.. I fixed your formatting ?

as far as suggestions/advice to help tackle your backlog.. this is just what I use to deal with my own backlog:

I have a "master list" of every single game I've bought/want to buy/gotten "free" from ps plus, listed in order of release date

I have another list of 4 categories of games that I'm actively working on, prioritized in the following order:

• online platinum
  • online dlc
  • campaign platinum
  • campaign dlc

there can be any number of games at any given time in either of the dlc groups, but I only play 1 game at a time in both of the platinum groups. only after I obtain the platinum for a game will I replace and start working on another platinum. as u can also see, I always prioritize online trophies first (I am VERY paranoid about sudden server closures)

this way I can keep track of every game I want/ am interested in, and I'm never juggling more than 2 platinum pursuits at once. and unless there's some surprise dlc released in the future, when I complete a game I can just move on and never look back

as a side note, I made the personal resolution that, since June, when I moved over to the new ps+ premium tier, I STOPPED buying any brand new releases unless I'm ready to play them right away. I've wasted so much money in the past on buying games day 1 even tho I know I won't play them right away, sometimes not for years even. and then they end up coming on plus (or heavily discounted in a sale) and I still haven't played it yet

4 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

first things first.. I fixed your formatting 1f602.png

as far as suggestions/advice to help tackle your backlog.. this is just what I use to deal with my own backlog:

I have a "master list" of every single game I've bought/want to buy/gotten "free" from ps plus, listed in order of release date

I have another list of 4 categories of games that I'm actively working on, prioritized in the following order:

• online platinum
  • online dlc
  • campaign platinum
  • campaign dlc

there can be any number of games at any given time in either of the dlc groups, but I only play 1 game at a time in both of the platinum groups. only after I obtain the platinum for a game will I replace and start working on another platinum. as u can also see, I always prioritize online trophies first (I am VERY paranoid about sudden server closures)

this way I can keep track of every game I want/ am interested in, and I'm never juggling more than 2 platinum pursuits at once. and unless there's some surprise dlc released in the future, when I complete a game I can just move on and never look back

as a side note, I made the personal resolution that, since June, when I moved over to the new ps+ premium tier, I STOPPED buying any brand new releases unless I'm ready to play them right away. I've wasted so much money in the past on buying games day 1 even tho I know I won't play them right away, sometimes not for years even. and then they end up coming on plus (or heavily discounted in a sale) and I still haven't played it yet

They’re all great ideas and wish I was as thorough and meticulous as you! Alas making a list of all my games feels like an impossible task. 

Unfortunately the majority of my backlog was made by my daughter when she used to play on my account, so now I have a huge mess to clean up ?

I want to get as much of this cleared as I can and im trying to only buy DLC’s I need when they go on offer now as I have enough games to last me for years. 

Ive already missed a few impending server closes I think too ?

Lumines!

Man, love Lumines - that’s a long-term one that - took me like a year to beat that CPU in vs Mode trophy, but the rest of the game is pretty manageable and it’s a game that just never gets old!

Also, some great stuff on there - Hotline Miami and Guacamelee are total bangers, Sackboy is super fun, as is LBP3… and South Park The Feactured But Whole is just an awesome time from start to finish!

There’s a whole mess of awesome gaming stretched out in front of you there! ?

@DrBloodmoney a bloody year?? ? I best get crackin! With that and super bomberman I think I might go nuts!

Currently stuck on Guacamelee but I have been liking it apart from the combos I can’t do.

I am looking forward to the South Parks though. Did you ever play the PS1 game was it or PS2? Used to love that. 

Just ughhh where do I start ?

16 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

@DrBloodmoney a bloody year?? ? I best get crackin! With that and super bomberman I think I might go nuts!

Well… I mean technically it takes like 20 minutes… but I kinda suck at it, so failed the first, y’know, 1200-1400 times ?

Currently stuck on Guacamelee but I have been liking it apart from the combos I can’t do.

I am looking forward to the South Parks though. Did you ever play the PS1 game was it or PS2? Used to love that. 

I dabbled with a few here and there, and found them fun… but these two new ones are a whole different level - genuinely feels like playing  actual episodes of the show… and great games to boot!

Just ughhh where do I start 1f62d.png

Just gotta pick any spot, and dive in and swim!

I hate to say it but most of these games are very long, you may need more pairs of hands, perhaps start with timberman?

It's relatively quick there are a couple of frustrating trophies but you have the skill if you attempt it in small doses so it doesn't get too aggravating and it'll give you an early win before tackling some more of the giants on your list!

I think the best tip though is to just post about your journey on here, it will be entertaining and the regular posters in these posts seem to be the most entertaining and helpful people on the site (this isn't self love, I'm much more of a lurker than a poster I assure the noble readership).

Also, kitten squad deserves to be finished if you'd like another 2 pennies worth of comment from me. Happy hunting.

@DrBloodmoney well that’s comforting ? you know if it took you that long I’ll still be there when I’m 90! I’ve downloaded it anyway.. may as well start chipping some off. 

I used to bum South Park so hard growing up. Had a huge Cartman and South Park bedding and posters. I was a really cool kid ?

@Aceterix I know they’re all so big. That’s why I’m getting so unmotivated. A lot of them are unforgiving and you have to play for weeks to pop one trophy. My attention span is getting better but it’s still lacking.

I remember Timberman being solid. I’m not great at those kind of games but I have improved somewhat this year a little so ill give it another shot. 

An extra pair of hands would be awesome. Tried to get my daughter in on it earlier - play bomberman and blow up blocks for me. She lasted like 10 minutes. She helped to create this bloody mess! ?

• Like 1

You got a fair sized backlog, as others have said but I think you can do it. After glancing through the list, the Lego games and Fallout 4 seems to be a few I can relate to. For the Lego games, I tend to come back and chip away at them from time to time, typically trying to finish one before starting another one.  

2 hours ago, tonkie18 said:

Yoink

Definitely time to mix up some of the more manageable ones if the others feel overwhelming, maybe after timberman aim for something story driven so it doesn't feel like so much of a chore, I'm trying to wean myself off going for anything too tedious or that could spoil my enjoyment of the overall game.

I found myself a bit stuck on it a few times but just gave it short bursts a few times and got lucky/it suddenly clicked.

I don't blame her with bomberman to be fair, I think I love bomberman but I've gone back to it twice and overall got absolutely  nowhere at all. Maybe co op kitten squad with her as it'll be more fun for her and you'll still be knocking something from the list?

@Phrikus the Lego can get so tedious, especially playing game after game of it. I’ve been trying to chip a bit off here and there. Doesn’t help my daughter bought all the characters instead of the red bricks, so it takes ages to clean up! 

@Aceterix I know that feeling that’s why I’m getting overwhelmed. Everything I’m playing I’m getting nowhere. I’ve played hundreds of matches of DBD recently just for the survivor trophies and most matches don’t give me what I need. Will try and chip off some of the games on my list instead. Having it written down here has motivated me a lot more ☺️

Looking at your backlog it seems quite doable to me. Sure will take a while but that’s how it is

i would love to have that many legogames open xD

oceanhorn can be cleaned up very fast and jak and Daxter can be done with some kind of developermenu. On ps4 is quiet easy to pull of as far as I know. So if you want some fast progress that’s an option.

for Minecraft keep an eye on the gaming session. Some people have worlds with prepared trophies. There is even one who has a room for every dlc with all the stuff you need and signs that explain what to do for the trophies

if you want to finish Rayman legends I recommend you look into that is it needs daily play for  at least 3-4 months and about 900 days in the worst case. It’s a bit skill dependant but at the momen still pretty easy to get gold medals and shorten the grind with them

Oh that’s great thanks for the heads up. I wasn’t sure about Jak and Dexter. Definitely looking into this minecraft thing cause I really don’t fancy doing it all legit. 

ive been reading up on this rayman legends thing and it’s so confusing. But think I need to start now? Not played the game in so many years really clueless about medals etc and doubt I’ll be able to get diamond ones they sound hard!

11 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

ive been reading up on this rayman legends thing and it’s so confusing. But think I need to start now? Not played the game in so many years really clueless about medals etc and doubt I’ll be able to get diamond ones they sound hard!

Which version of Rayman Legends are you going for? There are three (PS3, PS4 and Vita) with the Vita being the hardest by far.

If it's PS4, don't worry about diamond cups on multiplayer. You can reach the final level of awesomeness with any cups, it'll just take longer (months of daily runs instead of weeks). The diamond cups on single player aren't that bad, with enough practice you should be able to get them.

If it's Vita, you have to get one diamond cup on multiplayer. This is near impossible due to the low player base, you'd have to be around the top three best players in the world to get it legitimately. For that it's a matter of waiting for a glitched level, which has happened maybe once a year at most, sometimes not for years.

4 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

It’s the PS4 version thankfully! So what do I do each day? Just one run? Does it take long? 

There are four challenges: daily, daily extreme, weekly, weekly extreme. They unlock at different awesomeness levels which you'll get by doing single-player.

As soon as you can, do each new daily and weekly challenge. You have infinite attempts, how long you spend on each challenge is up to you, you'll find some easier than others. It'll show you what cup your best attempt is currently worth, as well as what you need to get for the next cup. The better you do each day the quicker it'll be.

For reference, I'm in the top 1% (87th fastest out of ~13,000), was getting plenty of diamond cups, and it still took me 3 weeks and 6 days. It's not an exaggeration to say this is a long, long grind, months if you're mostly getting silver and gold. But I love the game and recommend going for it.

Wow, you certainly have a lot of work ahead of you!  Good luck with it!

With regards to suggestions - Marvel Heroes Omega was shut down a few years ago and is no longer playable, so you can scratch that one off your list.

Lego Ninjago only takes around 20 hours to plat, and you've earned more than half of the trophies already, so it should be a quick and easy job to finish that up.

Worms Battlegrounds - if you still have it and want to do the MP trophies, give me a shout if you want.  I have it installed and will be happy to help with the MP, as it doesn't take long.

45 minutes ago, StewartBros said:

Wow, you certainly have a lot of work ahead of you!  Good luck with it!

With regards to suggestions - Marvel Heroes Omega was shut down a few years ago and is no longer playable, so you can scratch that one off your list.

Lego Ninjago only takes around 20 hours to plat, and you've earned more than half of the trophies already, so it should be a quick and easy job to finish that up.

Worms Battlegrounds - if you still have it and want to do the MP trophies, give me a shout if you want.  I have it installed and will be happy to help with the MP, as it doesn't take long.

Thanks @StewartBros I’ll take you up on that!! You’ll have to bear with me though as I don’t know the game at all.

brill news about marvel omega didn’t fancy it at all.