Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Announce Trailer

DXBuster

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj-lD5gthQ8

Activision has announced a new Transformers game due in 2014 for PS3 & PS4 (as well as the Xboxes). No real details on the game and whether it is in the same continuity as WfC and FoC. High Moon (WfC and FoC) WILL NOT be developing this title, instead Edge of Reality (Mass Effect 1 for PS3, and Dragon Age: Origins for consoles) will be handling development.

There will also be a 3DS version being developed by WayForward, the game will be a Tactical RPG.

High Moon (WfC and FoC) WILL NOT be developing this title, instead Edge of Reality (Mass Effect 1 for PS3, and Dragon Age: Origins for consoles) will be handling development.

I initially wasn't interested in this game at all because I figured it'd be HMS (who failed to fix glitches and issues with WFC and later FOC) but if it's Edge, a company that's developed BioWare titles, I may give it a chance.

The High Moon Studios Transformers games were the absolute best Transformers games made in my opinion so I'm disappointed to see another developer with this title. Not interested at all until I see some gameplay but I will say a good Transformers game on the PlayStation 4 is something I'd love to see.

Parker

• Like 2

It looks like gameplay from FoC interspersed with the Michael Bay crap.  As a child of the 80's TF affected my life the way religion shapes some people, so I'm excited to see if this is a worthwhile game--or just another tick on the reasons-to-put-a-hit-on-michael-bay list.  But it's set on earth, so that's probably strike one already.

EoR didn't really develop" the bioware games, they just help ported the titles.  The glitches may have bothered you but I absolutely loved WFC and FOC despite some of it's problems. It pretty much went from an instant preorder to wait until it gets cheap and see reviews.  

I was only stating what the OP said. As to WFC, I preordered it about a week in advance and I played the hell out of it for 2+ years. And I can guarantee you that the friends I made along the way were the best in the game. So many of my friends are Top 20 in multiple game modes. However, glitching (which is a form of cheating I might add) began to appear. It ruined the fun of the game and HMS never patched it, most likely because Activision wouldn't let them because they wanted HMS to move onto the sequel instead of spend more time on WFC. Let me be clear and say WFC holds a special place in my heart because it was the first game I played online and it's where I met most of my online friends. Some of us have been partying up for nearly four years because of it. So, yeah, the glitching bothers me as it should everyone and while 90% of my friends have moved on from that game, we have a reunion every once in a while on it.