Trophy Thoughts?

TalesofGaming

• 2 weeks later...

Now that the embargo lifted, i can share my impressions:

Loved the game, the atmosphere is fantastic and the lore really made me want for more about it's universe.

The combat is great, the wounds+plague weapons system are great ideas and they help the game have a own identity. Also, it greatly rewards an agressive playstyle. 

I only had minor issues with performance, some frame drops in one mission, but didn't experiencied anything else after this. 

The platinum is very easy, the hardest part is to find all the collectibles. But if you take your time exploring, it will be a piece of cake. Bosses could have more complex mechanics, but, when we remember this is an indie, they did a great job. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, RuancarloSilva said:

The platinum is very easy, the hardest part is to find all the collectibles. But if you take your time exploring, it will be a piece of cake. Bosses could have more complex mechanics, but, when we remember this is an indie, they did a great job. 

Is anything missable?

23 hours ago, Admiralvic said:

Nothing is missable. Well, besides the tutorial boss, who is also the easiest thing to get to if you don't do it the first time.

You can grab collectibles after story?

For the endings you need backup or can do all of them in the same save.

Thanks

11 hours ago, JhOnNY_HD said:

For the endings you need backup or can do all of them in the same save.

There is, at least to my knowledge, no New Game+, so when you beat it the game just cycles back to the state prior to fighting the last boss. As a result, you can beat the boss as many times as you want in a row and get every ending. That said, you need to do them all on the same save to unlock the gold for getting them all.

6 hours ago, Radford999 said:

Anyone know if there are any missable trophies? Is there free roam after the story for the collectibles?

Like I mentioned before, there isn't, but I might also be wrong. Someone on my YouTube channel claims they missed a collectible during the tutorial and that is the one they need to platinum. So, you might need to get all the collectibles from the tutorial, with everything else being repeatable. Like I said, you just reload the game and can revisit stages as much as you'd like. You can also freely fight the bosses as much as you'd like, making the potion trophy really easy. That said, the tutorial is also incredibly straightforward and you shouldn't miss any collectible if you're trying to find them. It's a really small, almost entirely linear level that takes less than 5 minutes to complete. 

Edited by Admiralvic

If you cant replay the tutorial level then you can miss the collectibles there and the trophy for emptying 1 health bar of the boss in the tutorial. If he kills you the tutorial is over.

Dont know about other trophies. I just finished the tutorial.

But like some one said: tutorial is very short to get through

In the tutorial is an intersection. Up the stairs leads to the boss. Downstairs leads to a collectible 

Edited by Mr_Marty84

As of now, there are no way to grab some of the collectibles from the Tutorial Level, meaning that 2 trophies (Memory Weaver and The Great Collector) are HIGHLY MISSABLE.

For the tutorial boss trophy, just start a New Game and keep trying to beat him. You will have to start a New Game for each attempt.

I'm currently writing a trophy guide for this game, been trying to finish it as soon as possible!

EDIT: Only the two trophies mentioned above are missable. The rest is fine and you can do all endings without worrying about a backup save.

Edited by Ovatsug09
Add more information
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, Ovatsug09 said:

As of now, there are no way to grab some of the collectibles from the Tutorial Level, meaning that 2 trophies (Memory Weaver and The Great Collector) are HIGHLY MISSABLE.

For the tutorial boss trophy, just start a New Game and keep trying to beat him. You will have to start a New Game for each attempt.

I'm currently writing a trophy guide for this game, been trying to finish it as soon as possible!

EDIT: Only the two trophies mentioned above are missable. The rest is fine and you can do all endings without worrying about a backup save.

You can close aplication during tutorial boss killing video and you continue in front of the fight (with 0 hp) but is quicker than redoing tutorial

48 minutes ago, TalesofGaming said:

How many hours did it take you to platinum?

I took about 10 hours to do everything, but grinded for one ingredient for more than 6 hours due to the lack of information about where to get it. Once I discovered the exact enemy that I needed to farm, it took 30 minutes or so. The expected time to plat Thymesia is between 12 - 15 hours.

EDIT: I think what I said was not very clear, sorry about that, English is not my main language. 10 hours for everything + 6 hours grinding and collecting some info about the game.

Edited by Ovatsug09
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Ovatsug09 said:

Definitely let us know when you got something that you can share with the rest of the class... 15hrs doesn't seem like to much but I see you included a bit of a grind... Patiently waiting

33 minutes ago, Kremleenm said:

Definitely let us know when you got something that you can share with the rest of the class... 15hrs doesn't seem like to much but I see you included a bit of a grind... Patiently waiting

My plan is to finish writting everything today. The game is short but has a LOT of information regarding ingredient drops and collectibles.

What can I do to help anyone that will start Thymesia right now is: 

- Play through the tutorial slowly. Try to grab every collectible (sort of green items on the floor/walls): there are 6 of them that I know of, but search every house that you can enter.

- Play the rest of the game at your own pace. Nothing except some tutorial collectibles is missable.

If you think you did not get all collectibles in the tutorial, dont worry. Some of the collectibles (at least 3 that I know of) can be collected later when you return to the area in a different mission.

Edited by Ovatsug09
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, TalesofGaming said:

So, let's say that I miss the tutorial boss trophy, can I finish the game and then start a brand new save file and then get the platinum? Or does it all have to be done in one playthrough?

Yes, you can :) You have to start a New Game in order to get this trophy since it is really hard to defeat the boss at first try. The only downside is that for each attempt that you fail to get this trophy, you will have to start a New Game and go through the tutorial again (does not take more than 5 minutes, but still boring).

Edited by Ovatsug09

2 hours ago, Ovatsug09 said:

The only downside is that for each attempt that you fail to get this trophy, you will have to start a New Game and go through the tutorial again (does not take more than 5 minutes, but still boring).

Or, you can just make a copy of your save at after reaching the checkpoint and just reload that. Quitting the game after failing also works, but requires walking back to the checkpoint to heal, so it's less effective than just using the save.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Admiralvic said:

Or, you can just make a copy of your save at after reaching the checkpoint and just reload that. Quitting the game after failing also works, but requires walking back to the checkpoint to heal, so it's less effective than just using the save.

Or maybe read my response of closing aplication if the boss kill you......