Future might be uncertain

majob

7 hours ago, majob said:

Director has made a statement saying the game is safe. So No worries then

Unless the director has bad information or the person above the director makes the decision (making him look like a liar)

It's not 100% foolproof, so still take it with a grain of salt.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

While I understand and agree with your logic, keep in mind that these are suits, often out of touch with reality, that are making these decisions. 

Not to try to branch this discussion off topic but suits barely, if ever, cater to the common man. I mean, we’re on a very niche hobby which is trophy hunting so we’re just a subset of gamers out there. 

The suits on the other hand cater to the top 1 percent and with these massive corporations, they basically represent the top 1 percent. They’re already out of touch because they have no clue what the average person wants most of the time and thus we keep getting shafted because corporations by and large control our society as well. 

It’s sad but that’s just the reality we live in now. These gaming franchises are up on a stick, and it hurts to see them potentially get shafted because some business suits decided this was the best way to go about things. 

This past decade has mostly been a clown show in regards to what the gamers want versus what they’ve actually received. That’s why EA is so hated and detested amongst the gaming communities. Now Square Enix and Ubisoft are being thrown in the same pot. 

Fingers crossed for what will happen. Hopefully things won’t be quite as bad as we might expect.

1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

This past decade has mostly been a clown show in regards to what the gamers want versus what they’ve actually received. That’s why EA is so hated and detested amongst the gaming communities. Now Square Enix and Ubisoft are being thrown in the same pot. 

It’s a shame we can’t go back to the 1990’s. ?

Edited by VoidVictorious
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, VoidVictorious said:

It’s a shame we can’t go back to the 1990’s. 1f609.png

There’s a lot from that era that wasn’t good, but in regards to gaming, I really miss when guys like John Carmack and John Romero brought out groundbreaking titles. Electronic Arts was actually a company of competent, friendly game developers. 

Now most every company that makes AAA games is under the helm of the publishers, who have the ultimate say due to corporate executives holding the power. Hence, WB Games.

6 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Not to try to branch this discussion off topic but suits barely, if ever, cater to the common man. I mean, we’re on a very niche hobby which is trophy hunting so we’re just a subset of gamers out there. 

then maybe you arent the common man?

as long as AEW stays on tv somewhere, idgaf what these GLAD handing douchebags do. 

5 hours ago, VoidVictorious said:

i think hes more afraid of change. I grew up in 1990+. It had its flaws. every generation does. People hate the unknown. i embrace it as a new avenue for opportunity. 

as i say, adapt or fall. 

i hope the game gets canned.

• Like 1

https://twitter.com/Tony_Huynh/status/1555046320624193536?s=20&t=bCscWqWGqZtx_o9eq7bmWA

It’s confirmed, MultiVersus isn’t going away so soon. Maybe in a few years post-launch support with be dropped followed by the servers another few years later, it all depends on how well this game does / is doing. Time will tell.

I believe now’s a great time to either lock this topic or shift it over to “The Media Room” since the concern for this game’s future all started from the merging of two entertainment/media corporations, one of them being the parent company of this game’s publisher.

18 hours ago, WatertownsFinest said:

You just witnessed a classic AJ_Radio (Spaz) rant where he goes off on a tangent that often has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Nothing out of the normal for him.

Who hurt you?

Edited by TurningRedEye

5 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

then maybe you arent the common man?

as long as AEW stays on tv somewhere, idgaf what these GLAD handing douchebags do. 

i think hes more afraid of change. I grew up in 1990+. It had its flaws. every generation does. People hate the unknown. i embrace it as a new avenue for opportunity. 

as i say, adapt or fall. 

i hope the game gets canned.

Here’s the deal. This game looks like crap, but I remember licensed movie games being published during that era (the 1990’s) and the majority of them sucked. I think it is time that we stop pretending things were better in the past simply because of the nostalgia surrounding the things about an era that were legitimately good while we ignore the things that were not so good. Every era has its triumphs and failures, but frankly I am sick of constantly hearing everything was simply better in the past because a person began their existence during that era. 

Also, @AJ_Radio, I would love to read a post written by you detailing some of the triumphs of this era instead of focusing so much on its failures. We have to try and be more positive about the future. 

Edited by VoidVictorious
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

Here’s the deal. This game looks like crap, but I remember licensed movie games being published during that era (the 1990’s) and the majority of them sucked. I think it is time that we stop pretending things were better in the past simply because of the nostalgia surrounding the things about an era that were legitimately good while we ignore the things that were not so good. Every era has its triumphs and failures, but frankly I am sick of constantly hearing everything was simply better in the past because a person began their existence during that era. 

Also, @AJ_Radio, I would love to read a post written by you detailing some of the triumphs of this era instead of focusing so much on its failures. We have to try and be more positive about the future. 

Thats my point, every era has its flaws. Pros and cons and EACH is different per individual. What i think worked, others may think failed. Its subjective.

What isnt is @AJ_Radio always bitching about modern tech, youtube algorithms, how he cant be lazy and have everything handed to him on a silver platter while wishing to live in "the glory days". 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, VoidVictorious said:

The 00’s were very good. Don’t even have to go back to 90’s. Could buy a game, some DLC, and have some fun, carefree gaming. The last decade which I think he’s referring to, the 2010’s til now is for the most part, where we got loot boxes, season passes, mtx, pay to win, live service games, always online requirements, de-emphasis of physical copies, lack of single player modes, worry about server shutdowns, yadda yadda. While you can’t live in the past, ya gotta admit gaming was less worrisome in the past.

Edited by NMErickson

While I don't think Multi-Versus is in danger as the devs seem pretty confident in it. Just know that most things being cut right now are more kid and family friendly and/or underperforming in value.

It's seems really clear that their end goal isn't too neuter Warner Bros. But make it focus more focus on  Adult oriented and profitable markets as adults will be the primary ones spending all the money. Which to be fair is a smart move. Even as streaming services get popular the third market sales have slowly been dying as a result, and primarily unlike things like Netflix. Warner and Discovery are primarily still tv/movie media companies, they need to claim third party sales. For older content already under syndication sure putting it on streaming is a relatively easy way to make a lucrative business. (Look at how much business NBC got with Peacock intially by reclaiming The Office for their use.)

And while newer programs are needed to keep people on these services. It also can create an expensive fallout from a company perspective as with less popular shows or movies people may not necessarily buy third party merchandise of it (especially dvd and BluRay sales which still are a focus of most companies). If one obviously people have an option to continuously rewatch it and two if the movie does poorly or receives negative reviews from streamers who didn't pay a toll. Versus direct sales that they always get even a partial profit from.

Basically not everything is gonna be the next GoT or Euphoria driving a vast market of sales, and from a budget perspective it doesn't make sense to let shows that aren't driving that market to continue to bleed. And some markets like Batman and Scooby-Doo will always have a positive third party market just due to their sheer established popularity even if you cancel newer related titles to them, they just have that brand power already without needing a new project in them every few months.

3 hours ago, VoidVictorious said:

Frankly I would just be wasting my time with you, and vice versa. 

After looking at your other posts, it seems you have a firm stance on certain subjects, and trying to dissect every avenue for you would just be pointless. 

So I’m out. I already written my stance on this issue regarding WB games. Hopefully MultiVerse does well enough to garner attention and sales. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

Thats my point, every era has its flaws. Pros and cons and EACH is different per individual. What i think worked, others may think failed. Its subjective.

My comment wasn’t addressed to you because you acknowledged that everything has its pros and cons. Also I’m not here to beat anyone up, but I am sick of a topic being derailed with the same nonsense every time someone gets triggered. I would like to see my challenge taken. It would be nice to read some positive sentiments about anything present day by those that constantly cling to the past. I might even throw an upvote on a positive post like that one.

2 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Frankly I would just be wasting my time with you, and vice versa. 

After looking at your other posts, it seems you have a firm stance on certain subjects, and trying to dissect every avenue for you would just be pointless. 

It’s a shame we won’t be receiving that positive post from you. I’d love to seriously hear what you like about this era, because I know thoroughly that you hate most of it. I would love for you to inject some positivity into this site with that opportunity.

• Like 1