is it safe to play this in 2022?

the_sultan999

Hi everyone, so i noticed there was a glitched trophy that alot of people have struggled with since the servers for this game has shut down. I hate when single-player games have that one online server-dependent trophy... But not to go off topic, I saw that Up to the task trophy has ALOT of earners recently so i doubt they all got it before server closure and they went back for the game now, is it possible to get this trophy now? or is there a new trick somehow to get this by not downloading an update etc.. I really feel bad for missing out on this game so if i could still earn this trophy i'll definitely go back and play it with the platinum trophy in mind.

• Like 1

They all most likely completed the tasks that required online and came back later.  If you check when they started you will most likely see a pattern amongst the most recent achievers.  Back when this was announced, a ton of people were trying to get those two tasks done so they could eventually come back to the game to enjoy it once they had the time.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jounochi said:

They all most likely completed the tasks that required online and came back later.  If you check when they started you will most likely see a pattern amongst the most recent achievers.  Back when this was announced, a ton of people were trying to get those two tasks done so they could eventually come back to the game to enjoy it once they had the time.

Exactly.

I would also add that the game is very buggy, and that the developpers left it in a bad state. I did those two tasks but had a bug later on with a container glitch, which refused to open. So no platinum for me since I cannot do the task with the scavenger location. And many others bugs too. 

So probably best to avoid the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SLennox said:

Exactly.

I would also add that the game is very buggy, and that the developpers left it in a bad state. I did those two tasks but had a bug later on with a container glitch, which refused to open. So no platinum for me since I cannot do the task with the scavenger location. And many others bugs too. 

So probably best to avoid the game.

No back up saves to try to unf**k the container?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

No back up saves to try to unf**k the container?

Sadly, no. I have 2/3 saves on my run, but they all have the same glitch. I've tried to fix it or at least just get into the container with some weird moves, but nothing seems to work. I'll probably try again... one day.

Edited by SLennox

6 minutes ago, CptToffer said:

How would you get around it? A potential reinstall and restart of the whole game? 

I saw a youtube where the solution was to reverse your car with a lot of difficulty up to the container and open the rear trunk? glitching madmax into the container to pick up the scrap.   

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CptToffer said:

How would you get around it? A potential reinstall and restart of the whole game? 

That's what I did earlier this year and the same problem is still here. I just think it needs a patch to fix it, but the game is dead so...

2 minutes ago, maisie666 said:

I saw a youtube where the solution was to reverse your car with a lot of difficulty up to the container and open the rear trunk? glitching madmax into the container to pick up the scrap.   

Are we talking about the same container ? Because, guess what ? There are a lot of bugs lmao (wouldn't be fun otherwise). For the record, I'm talking about this one : 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maisie666 said:

This is valid. I didn't have a container I couldn't open in my playthrough, but I played around with glitching through walls and stuff by filling the gas tank. I didn't find anything amazing by doing it, but I can confirm if you back your car right against a wall, you'll snap to the back off it for the gas filling animation and then take a step backwards when you stop filling the gas in, putting you inside a container or on the other side of a wall of a base etc. 

I also have a friend that did the online thing while the servers were up and still hasn't gone back for the platinum. So that's definitely a thing. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, SLennox said:

That's what I did earlier this year and the same problem is still here. I just think it needs a patch to fix it, but the game is dead so...

Are we talking about the same container ? Because, guess what ? There are a lot of bugs lmao (wouldn't be fun otherwise). For the record, I'm talking about this one : 

Thats the (infamous) one, the guy reversed up that ramp to the right, after many attempts, then got his car in the right spot, and refueled and glitched through the wall to get the item.  

Edited by maisie666

3 hours ago, the_sultan999 said:

Hi everyone, so i noticed there was a glitched trophy that alot of people have struggled with since the servers for this game has shut down. I hate when single-player games have that one online server-dependent trophy... But not to go off topic, I saw that Up to the task trophy has ALOT of earners recently so i doubt they all got it before server closure and they went back for the game now, is it possible to get this trophy now? or is there a new trick somehow to get this by not downloading an update etc.. I really feel bad for missing out on this game so if i could still earn this trophy i'll definitely go back and play it with the platinum trophy in mind.

I was lucky on this one, i started the game a long time ago and did the online part as one of the first things, something i always do in games. My PS4 broke down but my backed up save still had the online part completed so i was able to finish it in the beginning of this year. So i would say that everyone who got it had the tasks done before the server shutdown

• 4 weeks later...
On 4.8.2022 at 8:06 AM, Lars said:

So i would say that everyone who got it had the tasks done before the server shutdown

You can never be 100% sure. 

• You can do it in a legit manner, like I explained here.
  • If somebody never played this game some days before 31 October 2020 and still got the "Up to the Task" trophy, it is 100% cheated.
    • Reason: The Scrap Crews did not gather the scraps instantly. You had to quit the game and needed to wait one day for more scraps to collect. This could be completed faster, if you rushed from the beginning of the game to the point where you where able to build the Scrap Crew for every outpost.
  • And even if somebody played this game a long time before the server shutdown, he could have done all challenges needed for the trophies, then stopped playing because no interest in doing the challenges himself and later returning to the game with a cheated savefile where only one simple challenge must be completed.
  • It is also sad that the "Up to the Task" trophy is not only related to challenges, which are always unlocking a trophy when completed. 
  • Found one cheater minutes ago who got the "Up to the Task" trophy before other challenges, which also exist as a trophy, where unlocked. Reported this player.
    • Example for reported cheaters from other community members: 1 / 2 / 3

My final words: I would avoid this game now. Anybody who is only interested in the story should play the game with an alt account.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I played this game in full in February 2021. I didn't experience any bugs. I couldn't get the platinum as it was too late but I was able to acquire all other trophies, no bugs. Was able to finish everything. Even all the Scavenger locations.  Its usually only $5 on PS Store. Worth playing. But yea I too am disappointed about the unobtainable platinum. :-/ I should have started it sooner like everyone else. 

On 8/4/2022 at 0:56 AM, Man of Inaction said:

I also have a friend that did the online thing while the servers were up and still hasn't gone back for the platinum. So that's definitely a thing. 

20 minutes ago, gruffiiti said:

This thread reminds me I have to go back and do this game at some point. I did complete the needed online tasks before the servers went down so barring no other weird glitches the platinum should still be possible.

Haha There he is!

• 1 year later...
On 8/29/2022 at 11:25 PM, Geridian said:

You can never be 100% sure. 

• You can do it in a legit manner, like I explained here.
  • If somebody never played this game some days before 31 October 2020 and still got the "Up to the Task" trophy, it is 100% cheated.
    • Reason: The Scrap Crews did not gather the scraps instantly. You had to quit the game and needed to wait one day for more scraps to collect. This could be completed faster, if you rushed from the beginning of the game to the point where you where able to build the Scrap Crew for every outpost.
  • And even if somebody played this game a long time before the server shutdown, he could have done all challenges needed for the trophies, then stopped playing because no interest in doing the challenges himself and later returning to the game with a cheated savefile where only one simple challenge must be completed.

Hello there, so I was just checking the buggy trophies now that I am thinking on maybe going for the platinum and needed to remind myself what were the challeges/ trophies that are buggy and found this.

Just to note to this, there is actually a lot of people in a ton of games that do the online thing before the game shuts down the online and then later do the other stuff, this is very very common, so presuming that anyone doing this later is a "cheated save file" is very naive considering there was plenty forum post regarding the shutdown and the steps you needed to do to have a possible platinum for the.future.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, MAUSZX said:

Hello there, so I was just checking the buggy trophies now that I am thinking on maybe going for the platinum and needed to remind myself what were the challeges/ trophies that are buggy and found this.

"Up to the task" can have something to do with bugs if the "Scraps" collected for "Looked Everywhere" were not counted correctly. "However, the fact that you can no longer get the "Up to the task" trophy if you started playing this game after the server shutdown has nothing to do with bugs, but with the sad fact that the developers did not patch the game to compensate for the server shutdown.

Just to note to this, there is actually a lot of people in a ton of games that do the online thing before the game shuts down the online and then later do the other stuff, this is very very common, so presuming that anyone doing this later is a "cheated save file" is very naive considering there was plenty forum post regarding the shutdown and the steps you needed to do to have a possible platinum for the.future.

The "online stuff" in this game is/was nothing you could "prepare"  before you do "offline stuff".

Because of this, if you like it or not, this is the truth: "If somebody never played this game some days before 31 October 2020 and still got the "Up to the Task" trophy, it is 100% cheated."
And why do you even care, since your trophy order is fine and you started the game 19th September 2020. You match all criteria to get "up to the Task" by normal gameplay. Have fun with this game, enjoy your time with it and keep the savegames for this game safe. 

Edited by Geridian
Wording

14 hours ago, Geridian said:

"Up to the task" can have something to do with bugs if the "Scraps" collected for "Looked Everywhere" were not counted correctly. "However, the fact that you can no longer get the "Up to the task" trophy if you started playing this game after the server shutdown has nothing to do with bugs, but with the sad fact that the developers did not patch the game to compensate for the server shutdown.

The "online stuff" in this game is/was nothing you could "prepare"  before you do "offline stuff".

Because of this, if you like it or not, this is the truth: "If somebody never played this game some days before 31 October 2020 and still got the "Up to the Task" trophy, it is 100% cheated."
And why do you even care, since your trophy order is fine and you started the game 19th September 2020. You match all criteria to get "up to the Task" by normal gameplay. Have fun with this game, enjoy your time with it and keep the savegames for this game safe. 

I know I am fine an so are many.

What bothered me a little bit on your list is this "And even if somebody played this game a long time before the server shutdown, he could have done all challenges needed for the trophies, then stopped playing because no interest in doing the challenges himself and later returning to the game with a cheated savefile where only one simple challenge must be completed"

Can people that played the game before the online servers went down get a cheated savefile? Yes, of course that goes for every game anyway, but putting it like that was a little bit weird I guess. I know you mean well and all, I just felt that small portion of your text was weird some people might assume that anyone that gets the platinum after the fact are cheated games.

I came back to the game yesterday to the old save file because of my bingo card, and I remember I had to be careful of cleaning the entire map before some enemies challenge or something like that, that's why I was checking the forum post anyway.

15 hours ago, MAUSZX said:

What bothered me a little bit on your list is this "And even if somebody played this game a long time before the server shutdown, he could have done all challenges needed for the trophies, then stopped playing because no interest in doing the challenges himself and later returning to the game with a cheated savefile where only one simple challenge must be completed"[..] Can people that played the game before the online servers went down get a cheated savefile? Yes, of course that goes for every game anyway, but putting it like that was a little bit weird I guess. I know you mean well and all, I just felt that small portion of your text was weird some people might assume that anyone that gets the platinum after the fact are cheated games.

This was what I wrote before the part you quoted:

- You can do it in a legit manner, like I explained here.

- If somebody never played this game some days before 31 October 2020 and still got the "Up to the Task" trophy, it is 100% cheated.

- Reason: The Scrap Crews did not gather the scraps instantly. You had to quit the game and needed to wait one day for more scraps to collect. This could be completed faster, if you rushed from the beginning of the game to the point where you where able to build the Scrap Crew for every outpost.

—> Who never started playing this game before the server shutdown and gets the platinum, is a cheater. 

- And even if somebody played this game a long time before the server shutdown, he could have done all challenges needed for the trophies, then stopped playing because no interest in doing the challenges himself and later returning to the game with a cheated savefile where only one simple challenge must be completed.

—> And it is also true, that you can return to the game if you played it before the server shutdown, at any time and can earn a legit looking platinum with a savefile from a different account or whatever. I know that this is bad for players like you which took care of their own savefile.

1) But the cheaters playing this game either make a dumb mistake and are easy to spot (I will not disclose here why these cheaters are easy to be found).

2) Or the cheaters do it right and are indistinguishable from somebody who did the whole game legit.

I hope you now understand why what I wrote makes sense: Done right, a cheater who completed the game has the same trophy order as someone who earned the platinum legit.

Have fun with the game. 🙂

Edited by Geridian
Adjusted text