[Video] Brutal Boss Rush (Duelist Trophy) Tips & Tricks

BushidoCypher

I hope this video proves useful, the hardest challenge in Frogun is easily this boss rush mode. You have a normal boss rush and then this "Brutal Rush" mode and the bosses have different attack patterns and you have 3 checkpoints across a total of 6 boss fights. The last 2 (Mainly the final) being where shit really hits the fan! 
I hope the tips provided make it manageable and I look forward to seeing you guys earn this trophy :D

The game is like to be a 6-8/10 difficulty depending on your skill with platformers, aside from 1 glitched trophy that the devs are in the works of fixing I basically have the platinum and it took around 7 hours.
That's also including recording, idle time etc so it shouldn't take most people too long especially with the right approach! 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, sealightbreeze said:

Thank you. This game is infuriating at times. I don’t think they test played it before they released it. The camera angle is awful. I’ve “died” from fall damage when I’m nowhere near falling. Feels like a glitchy unfinished mess 

3 hours ago, IntroPhenom said:

That's it? Damn that's short. Glad I know that. A significant sale might be the only trigger for me now.

Just so you two know the future updates are apparently nerfing this pretty damn hard, even coins once you collect them and you die you dont have to recollect them, so it'll be even easier! SO if you're struggling at all too just wait for patches

I agree Sealightbreeze, I felt the last boss and the brutal rush wasn't tested only because they consistently glitched on me so just seemed odd haha.

1 hour ago, BushidoCypher said:

I agree Sealightbreeze, I felt the last boss and the brutal rush wasn't tested only because they consistently glitched on me so just seemed odd haha.

I didnt get hit when jumping on the spikes a couple of times and then died when the block you hide behind never comes up. Still a great little game tho. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Bloody sony. Pc have already had a few patches put through i think. I would normally be happy to wait but ive got a plat set up to be my 200th plat and 10,000 trophy so as frogun is going to be my 199th im getting quiet desperate for the patch to be released lol

Ya man it's a bit much lol been sitting at 98% since like 4th of August and want to delete the game as well haha, well hopefully soon I guess...

On 8/30/2022 at 7:21 AM, CaptainJeff87 said:

So are the two glitched trophies for beating brutal boss rush and obtaining all hats? 

It looks like a few in here have beaten brutal boss rush but it's still sitting at 0%...weird

Just obtaining all hats is glitched. The hat for getting all the other hats. Brutal rush was bugged day 1 but got patched very quickly

• 5 months later...

It wouldn't be QUITE as bad if the final checkpoint didn't make you go up that stupid skull ladder every time you die where you have a good chance of losing a bit of health even before the fight starts. I don't envy the Xbox players of this game who have to do the entire gauntlet without dying.

Edited by LunchCannon54
  • Like 1