Suggestion: Allow hiding of spam games

I'd love for these games to stop showing up in the new releases list, but the suggestion to let you auto-hide them sitewide is - as politely as possible - a case of "I don't like the real numbers, make up some new ones that I can feel better about." Same situation as the common "rarity leaderboard" suggestion, or the arcane voodoo by which DLC trophy rarities are currently calculated.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

If people play these shit games they deserve to have them on their profiles. Blocking them from the front page would be nice but since this community effectively drove this trend forward I suspect it's this community that's going to have to see this shit for the rest of its existence 

I agree with what you say to an extent however I believe if you look at the number of psn profiles over the years and the number of actual playstation accounts in general, it's a relatively small percentage of people playing these games.  If trophy hunters make up 1% of actual gamers as has been estimated in the past then i'd say people playing these games make up maybe 10% or less of trophy hunters.  These companies can literally turn a profit off these crap games with only  a few thousand buyers. With that said i think sony should stop this bullshit.  It isn't just effecting our little trophy hunting site it's getting to be a nuisance on the actual PSN store.   

I guess where I disagree is that the majority of us didn't ask for this shit, don't want to engage with it, don't even want to see it.  We shouldn't have to live with it.  It's really a quality of life improvement Sony should be making on their end and hopefully one day they will.

I don't know because I never owned a xbox but do these games exist on xbox or is it only sony allowing this crap?

Edited by steel6burgh
  • Like 1

Having "not interested" and "don't recommend this publisher" options for the new games list basically like the options youtube give you for recommended videos on the home page would be nice but I don't really care too much either way and I don't see what being able to hide other peoples trophies would really achieve

It's obvious there's no changes or improvements planned for this site and even if there were I can't imagine this being high on the priority list

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Elliot said:

Most of us are probably aware that lately a few companies are releasing an absurd number of extremely low-effort games with easy trophies and many regional / console stacks, such as:

I'd like the option to hide these games on the site entirely, so I don't see them on the homepage, on the games list, or on people's profiles. I think it would make sense to have this configurable by series on people's user account, because people will disagree on what's spam and what isn't (for example, I don't mind Ratalaika games or EastAsiaSoft games, but some people do).

I'd also like the option to see adjustments to people's profile stats based on what's been hidden, so if they have 200 plats that I've chosen to hide, I see their plat count as 200 lower, their PSN level as lower, their total trophy count lower, etc, but I could live without this as long as I don't have to see the games. I don't want to ask for customizable leaderboards because I think that's too broad a scope.

I think this would be a massive usability improvement to the site given the sheer volume of spam games, and as such I'd be willing to offer a £50 bounty for the first part (configurable hiding) and a £50 bounty for the second part (profile stat adjustments based on hidden games).

Unfortunately the owner of the site will not listen to your (good) suggestion as he did with everyone else suggestions. Your best option is to ask the the only person that is improving this site (for free) the creator of PSNP+ HusKy

• Like 4