Suggestion: Allow hiding of spam games

Just now, ZitMeatloaf said:

Ratalaika games are on all platforms. Even if they are simplistic, at least they offer some actual gameplay.

All of The Jumping Snot, The Axolotl Ω, and Embroidery - Breakthrough Gaming Arcade games seem to be PlayStation only from what I can tell. Lucky us wrapping up all these exclusives, huh?

lol yeah very lucky.  I agree though Ratalaka wasn't anything near as bad as what this has become.

10 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

lol yeah very lucky.  I agree though Ratalaka wasn't anything near as bad as what this has become.

What have we become, we are now defending Ratalaika games. Oh god. (TBF I do play the odd one but I didn't really consider that one day there would be somebody worse). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vulpine9Tails said:

What have we become, we are now defending Ratalaika games. Oh god. (TBF I do play the odd one but I didn't really consider that one day there would be somebody worse). 

Rata uses trophy hunters to create a market for smaller creators that might otherwise not make it at all. 

While the trophy hunting leaderboard is basically pay-to-win at this point, Ratalaika does do good things for the gaming community as a whole. 

• Like 1

If we can choose to ignore certain users, why can't we add publishers

So I can just opt out (for example) of seeing trophy lists for

https://psnprofiles.com/games?developer=38893-webnetic-s-r-o

https://psnprofiles.com/games?publisher=31951-breakthrough-gaming-llc

At the very least make is so stacks group together, there's only 10 spaces available for new game.

"FUCK JUMP" for example should have just take up one space and have "8 stacks" in brackets.

3 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

Basically you are just fabricating a gamer score from shit.

Can I use this as a quote? lol

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

wait so the argument that's pro-spam games is "people who don't play as much still deserve as many points as people who play all the time?" If that isn't the most bs I've heard in a hot minute; "we all deserve first place!" c'mon

Edited by APeskyAxolotl
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sunnyburrito said:

....... read what was said and you'll see that's not what people are asking here, some people here feing ignorance just to be cute I swear.

Nah bro, i get it, i really do. Some folks don't wanna be bothered by trophies and games thats considered low quality, which is understandable. All im saying is, that this place is basically to track trophies, irregardless of how crappy the games are. Thats what its always been to me, nothing more, nothing less. 

• Like 1

This would require a lot of time, effort, and dedication for those whose responsibility it would be to program and implement these changes. But I would absolutely love this feature and support this 100%. I’d even donate some $ to making this happen. Something needs to be done about these shovelware games, they have become a fucking plague.

3 hours ago, Captain_Carl13 said:

Rata uses trophy hunters to create a market for smaller creators that might otherwise not make it at all. 

While the trophy hunting leaderboard is basically pay-to-win at this point, Ratalaika does do good things for the gaming community as a whole. 

You call clogging up the psn store with garbage a good thing? Just because you're a small business doesn't mean you should make it as a company if you're going to sully the overall quality of the marketplace. If there are small companies making quality games directly because of Rata, good for them. But these people making these one minute platinums are not contributing good things themselves imo. 

6 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

Here RATA was making 30 minute platinums and these jumping assholes came along and made 2 minutes platinums and put RATA the fuck out of business.  lmao.

Ratalaika don't make anything - that's the point.

They are just a publisher - they find and publish existing, small games on console. 

Those games, made by many different developers, would exist anyways - with or without achievements - they just wouldn't likely exist on Playstation

That isn't just a semantic distinction - it's important.

Unlike, say, the Jump "games" or the X Run "games", Ratalaika published games are not designed from the ground up as delivery mechanisms for easy trophies.

They are small games, sure... but ones designed to work as games on their own merit.

The easy trophy lists they usually have are simply a way to drum up interest from a segment of this community - not their entire raison d'être.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Ratalaika don't make anything - that's the point.

They are just a publisher - they find and publish existing, small games on console. 

Those games, made by many different developers, would exist anyways - with or without achievements - they just wouldn't likely exist on Playstation

That isn't just a semantic distinction - it's important.

Unlike, say, the Jump "games" or the X Run "games", Ratalaika published games are not designed from the ground up as delivery mechanisms for easy trophies.

They are small games, sure... but ones designed to work as games on their own merit.

The easy trophy lists they usually have are simply a way to drum up interest from a segment of this community - not their entire raison d'être.

i get some of those game are decent game.  I know that RATA doesn't actually make them as well.  I also get that they are just creating the easy trophies to target trophy hunters.  They could actually make some of the trophies quite hard if they wanted to choose that route.  the Super Destronaut game was a good example.  The game could have been made super hard had they chosen but they decided to make everything pop for doing nothing.  I still think they would have been better off to get the trophy hunting community to engage with some of the games a little longer than 30 minutes.  They could have made that game for example in the 5/10 range instead of 1/10 and still could have sold the game quite well.   

I don't gotta rag on RATA anymore we got the jumping hotdog assholes now so I will focus all my shit giving to them.

7 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

i get some of those game are decent game.  I know that RATA doesn't actually make them as well.  I also get that they are just creating the easy trophies to target trophy hunters.  They could actually make some of the trophies quite hard if they wanted to choose that route.  the Super Destronaut game was a good example.  The game could have been made super hard had they chosen but they decided to make everything pop for doing nothing.  I still think they would have been better off to get the trophy hunting community to engage with some of the games a little longer than 30 minutes.  They could have made that game for example in the 5/10 range instead of 1/10 and still could have sold the game quite well.   

I'm not indifferent to that argument - and moreover, I do think Ratalaika are practically asking for a negative reputation with the trophy lists they implement...

...but I just don't think it's right to lump them in with some of the really exploitative stuff out there.

There may be 30 minute Ratalaika platinums out there (stacks even), and they will certainly appear right alongside X Run games and Breakthrough, and Project Summer Ice, and Jumping X etc on some profiles (and yes, we all know exactly what kind of profiles those are)...

...but the qualitative difference between those games and Ratalaika published ones is the difference between driving into a garage and landing on the moon.

I can write a full-ass review of any Ratalaika game I've played.

If I tried to do that with a Jumping Taco game, I'd run out of things to say midway through the first sentence. ?

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Elliot said:

However, if HusKy did want to do this, I'd be grateful for it, and pay up on the bounty.

I’ll do you one better, if @HusKy implements a publisher/developer filter (almost site wide or where it matters at the very least) on his PSNP+ extension, I’ll match your bounty. Quote me on this if it happens. $50 or €50 is nothing for such a quality heavy feature. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SakiSakiSakiSakiSaki said:

I’ll do you one better, if @HusKy implements a publisher/developer filter (almost site wide or where it matters at the very least) on his PSNP+ extension, I’ll match your bounty. Quote me on this if it happens. $50 or €50 is nothing for such a quality heavy feature. 

I'll Add another 10EUR wouldn't mind chipping in for a bounty @HusKy

Edited by mackenzie129
  • Like 2