Suggestion: Allow hiding of spam games

36 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Fair enough. I hope you didn't read my take as something argumentive or combative towards you because I wasn't trying to be. I was just giving my perspective on your take thinking that "if hitting the nuke button on all these games isn't possible for Sony, what is?"

More just thinking out loud on a forum than anything. Haha.

No worries! Didn’t take it that way at all!

Edited by Ashande
Fixed weird triple post.
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Sikutai said:

I don't like rainy days and the guy next door is stupid too. I want a filter so I don't have to see the rain and the guy anymore.

Blocking out the things you don't like in life would make things easier, but that's just not life. Being an adult means being able to deal with such things.

I kinda would think adults wouldn't play the jumping hot dog games but that just isn't so they do.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Elliot said:

I can understand being skeptical of heuristics but I do legitimately think that there are several very simple regexes that could capture like 99% of the spam games with a very low risk of false positives. `The \w+ \w` for example.

Well, maybe this can be solved with uBlock or similar content blocker, not sure.

Just keep in mind the example you provided actually yields a lot of false positives.

10 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Well, maybe this can be solved with uBlock or similar content blocker, not sure.

Just keep in mind the example you provided actually yields a lot of false positives.

The heuristics of it can really mess up the site if done incorrectly. 

Seems like we’re leaning towards two different routes:

1) Let users block publishers, developers, and games.

or

2) Rely on the Game Info Team to tag these games and hide it from everyone that opt’d in. 

I’m more of a fan of option one to be honest. It’s more flexible and customizable per user. @HusKy is a simple block feature possible with what you’re working with? A block button can be placed in the info pages for publishers/devs/games next to where “Add to List” is for games. That list can also possible be maintained in an invisible “List” that can be exported, imported, and shared via Google Drive. 

• Like 1

I think it would be cool having the region stacks grouped together. Definitely would be less clutter. Filtering out publishers entirely seems excessive though. At the end of the day these people went through the approval process to release games and at the end of the day these are games whether or not you deem them spam. Trophy hunters are the only ones buying these games and the publishers have found a niche to make money. If trophy hunters didn’t want easy trophies we wouldn’t have easy trophies. 

5 hours ago, HusKy said:

Good to see you are interested in this feature. Will wait for Sly's reply and depending on that might think about how this can be done within PSNP+ if needed.

You’ve done a great service to this website and I love PSNP+. Hopefully there will be an option of sorts. 

We can’t do much of anything regarding Sony, but we can do something on PSNProfiles.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, amurnin100 said:

I suppose it’s cost of living.. people haven’t got money to shell out AAA titles and these cheap games are taking advantage of the current economy of gaming… sooner rather than later ,it will affect the amount of quality games we get…

This just not true, there are sales literally every week with hundreds of games for very affordable prices,  it costs less than a MC Donald's combo, heck I'm Brazilian and I have more games that I can ever finish in my backlog and me and my husband are by no means rich, if you are unaware my country has one of the most draconian taxes on games in the world, now they are offering a service that offers many games for a reasonable price, from indies to AAA, so no these games are not the next affordable thing you just have to spend smart.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, HusKy said:

It's a start...

Before:

8QUJbFx.png

After:

jU43kxU.png

I was just about to post the same current (before) picture.  I'm so sick of seeing that crap littering the homepage that I've considered leaving the site to be honest.

I really don't care about what other people put on their profiles, but stacks on the homepage is kindof ridiculous 

Edited by AJ_-_808
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, arcanehornet_ said:

The site suggestions section in the forums has been the most useless thing for years. The last actual update the site was years ago, and even then it was something completely useless no one actually wanted.

Sly_Ripper is the administrator here, but all he actually seems to do is collect the money from the premium subscriptions. He could give site permission to someone who actually cares and wants to improve the site like Husky but he can’t even bother to do THAT. 

This should be a topic in itself TBH….

• Like 1