Suggestion: Allow hiding of spam games

15 hours ago, SakiSakiSakiSakiSaki said:

I don't want to see someone's full experience. I want to see their interesting games.

Think this one could be an easy fix, maybe just need to add RARITY to the viewing options ie: LAST PLAYED, LAST TROPHY, PERCENTAGE, etc

Seems like a good idea, but where do you draw the line? You said you don't mind most Rat or EastAsiaSoft games, but some people do still consider almost all of them EZPZ or trash. 

The mods of the site would have to come to a consensus of what to filter out as an option. Maybe 90% or higher average completion rates? Or at least 95% or higher?

28 minutes ago, ChiefMichigan said:

Seems like a good idea, but where do you draw the line? You said you don't mind most Rat or EastAsiaSoft games, but some people do still consider almost all of them EZPZ or trash. 

The mods of the site would have to come to a consensus of what to filter out as an option. Maybe 90% or higher average completion rates? Or at least 95% or higher?

Drawing the line is maybe one of the things that Sly doesn't want to mess with, 2 years ago everyone said that Ratalaika games were the perfect definition of ezpz games, but now people are even defending those games because we now have worse... And could the future be even worse and jumping games will be considered allowed?

Personally I think that PSNP already draw a lot of invisible limits because of cheating, things like allowing the Vita Trick and not whitelisting trophies of notorious games that could be unlocked by hackers in public matches like BO2 or GTAV, I know that this is needed if you want a kind of "legit" leaderboard and still the CFW users can cheat a lot circunventing the rules... They just don't want to mess with more things, that could be annoying for some users, but at least is not illegal...

• Like 2

23 hours ago, JimIsTheName said:

I honestly think a filter that filters out all platinums with a completion rate of +75% isn't that difficult. 
To be fair I would even consider paying $15 for premium instead of $12 just for this option.

While this would probably be a fairly simple fix as you said, the problem is that such a solution would raise other issues. I’m not entirely in favour of just blanket filtering every game beyond a certain completion percentage as this is not necessarily an accurate measurement of the quality of the game. It would certainly get rid of most of these shovelware turds that plague the site, but like DrBloodMoney and others pointed out above, it would undoubtedly filter out many legitimate, worthwhile games as well that just happen to be really easy games.

There is probably a threshold for which this blanket strategy would work, say above 85-90%, as it’s hard to imagine there are too many quality games with completion percentages beyond that range. Anything lower than that and you would need some sort of system for policing and appealing improperly filtered games so the good ones that fall through the cracks could be added back into the trophy pool.

It’s a complicated issue. But for the love of god, at the very least can we filter these games out of the newest releases? I’m tired of opening the site every day just to see numerous stacks of the latest Jumping Taco or animal alphabet game clogging up the home page. It’s an eye sore, and depressing to look at.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, SakiSakiSakiSakiSaki said:

It’s actually very easy to release games for the PS4/PS5, relative to what people think. How else do you think these publishers release 10+ new “games” a day? 

Besides, calling them “games” is very charitable. “Games” are usually scientifically defined as experiences with win/loss conditions. With these shovelware games, there is usually no functioning loss condition to speak of. Do you know what that makes it? It makes it a “toy”. These aren’t games, these are toys. 

And just because they are considered “games”, doesn’t give them any right to assault our eyes with their omnipresence. Ad companies spend tons of money getting their spots in website, you want me to disable my adblock because of that? No way!

Some of us even coughed up money for a better site experience.

PSNP+ has allowed us to customize the site beyond what was designed, are we not allowed to use that because of some arbitrary sentiments? 

Bashing the site owner is a quick way of getting this thread locked. Please avoid doing this, otherwise we lose all traction on this topic. 

Not bashing, all I’m saying is that it’s worthy of a discussion 

14 hours ago, HusKy said:

It's a start...

Woah! I've been wanting to see consolidated stacks like you've done it for a long, long time.

Here's the proposal image I sent Sly for filtering things out but I'll send it to you too so it can become a thing sooner rather than probably much later, have fun with it! :P 

The one on the left would be the default filtered new game list, and pushing the green "show all games" button shows the page on the right (unfiltered)

LVtK6pM.jpg

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

Woah! I've been wanting to see consolidated stacks like you've done it for a long, long time.

Here's the proposal image I sent Sly for filtering things out but I'll send it to you too so it can become a thing sooner rather than probably much later, have fun with it! :P 

The one on the left would be the default filtered new game list, and pushing the green "show all games" button shows the page on the right (unfiltered)

LVtK6pM.jpg

Would this only apply to the games list?

I wish games where collapsable in games lists and profiles.

+Game Name

-AS Stack

-EU Stack

-JP Stack

-NA Stack

I also wish my Profile page had a second tab where I could move games I'll never play again to.

Like the Library on PS4 and PS5 where you can filter games between two tabs.

That would be a nice feature for us with a 1000+ games profile.

Plus. If you view your account and see only the stuff you're proud of, chances are you rather start that next game in a series you like rather than stacking EZPZs.

34 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Hey everyone, hiding of stacks is now available in PSNP+. I'd say this small change already makes a pretty huge difference for those who like to follow new trophy lists being published.

KolsqFZ.png

Yes, I'm thinking about being able to set one game list as "blacklist" in the settings and any game in this special list would be hidden from different PSNP pages.

????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HusKy said:

Yes, I'm thinking about being able to set one game list as "blacklist" in the settings and any game in this special list would be hidden from different PSNP pages.

Thank you for even thinking about this!

Tallying up bounties users in this thread have considered offering (if you still want to, I’m not gunna hassle you or force you at all):

@Elliot: €50

@SakiSakiSakiSakiSaki: $50

@mackenzie129: €10

If anyone else wants to be a little charitable to Husky for his hard work, let me know and I’ll add your name too.

His BMAC page he linked in his PSNP+ thread: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/HusKyCode

Edited by SakiSakiSakiSakiSaki

Been busy most of today and for fun I thought "Hmm I wonder what new "games" have been released by the Christian developer this Sunday".

So I came to check and ALREADY 8 stacks of SNAP CRAP already scrolling everything off the top. lol.

This pace of games coming out is escalating so quickly.

• Like 3

Credit to Husky, the code for collapsing the stacks works as intended; but now instead of 3 shovelware games taking up the whole page we simply have 10 different cut-and-paste games... This probably provides a slightly better chance for good games to appear there but it seems like a sticking plaster for a gangrenous wound.  I do understand though that collapsing the stacks was pretty easy to code, while hiding devs or games with 98% rarity is more difficult.

Edited by WakeUpHP
  • Like 1