Suggestion: Allow hiding of spam games

7 hours ago, SakiSakiSakiSakiSaki said:

Thank you for even thinking about this!

Tallying up bounties users in this thread have considered offering (if you still want to, I’m not gunna hassle you or force you at all):

@Elliot: €50

@SakiSakiSakiSakiSaki: $50

@mackenzie129: €10

If anyone else wants to be a little charitable to Husky for his hard work, let me know and I’ll add your name too.

His BMAC page he linked in his PSNP+ thread: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/HusKyCode

Settled up Mr. @HusKy privately man of my word 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, swagdonald445 said:

sony always chasing that $$$ 

it's funny how sony has become what xbox was last gen

Legitimate questions, here: How is any of this related to Sony “chasing that $$$”? How is this indicative of any similarities to what Microsoft was doing with the Xbox One?

I'm very happy with the progress.  These games just gotta go.  I'm wondering why if we as profile owners can hide our own trophy lists why can't it be coded so that we just manually can hide the games we don't want to see on the home page?  Kind of like a checkbox to the left of the games where we could hide them and our profile remembers what we have hidden.  

Or our own block list of games.

I mean if the Staff or Blind Mango is willing to do this then I'm very excited about that.

If it's easier to just code the crap games out via psnp+ then I'm good with that as long as psnp + works on android mobile phone.

I would probably be willing to PayPal $30 to whomever comes up with a good permanent solution to this site's problems.  That includes to Sly if he does it himself.

The other idea I had was just to change the section from New Trophy Lists to code it with psn deals and basically show the highest discounted games by percentage currently.  So if Uncharted is 70% off then that would be the top of list, assasins Creed 50% off, this would suggest conscientious spending from our members with an expensive hobby.

Plus those trash games are so cheap, I don't think they ever go on sale!  BOOM!

Edited by LegendExeter

1 minute ago, Infected Elite said:

Suggestion: 

Get over it. These games exist and will never go anywhere. I'd like to see 300+ a month just to totally destroy the leaderboards 1f602.png

You know, part of me is now curious how “destroyed” the leaderboards actually are (at least from buy-a-Platinum games.) If we stripped away all the “trophy trash”- and for the purpose of the exercise, I think it honestly doesn’t matter where you set the bar or definition for that - would the leaderboards would actually significantly change?

Personally, I think there might be a bit of a shakeup in the 500-5000 ranks, but I doubt it would have a significant impact on the top dogs or the folks lower ranked than that; those ranked lower than that are unlikely to have a lot of EZPZs, regardless of what one defines that is. Those in the top echelons have plenty of “real” games (and a decade head start, in a lot of instances) that would still give them plenty of points to keep them head and shoulders above the rest. That middle ground, where you find a lot of folks who play (and Plat) “real” games while “juicing” the score or manipulating the milestones with “trash” seems like it’d be where the effects are felt and changes in rank more meaningful than dropping or shooting up 10-20 ranks would be likely to occur.

It would be sort of interesting to see what the reaction would be if folks got their apparent wish and then discovered it didn’t change the rankings in any meaningful way. I wonder what would be the next crusade?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ashande said:

You know, part of me is now curious how “destroyed” the leaderboards actually are (at least from buy-a-Platinum games.) If we stripped away all the “trophy trash”- and for the purpose of the exercise, I think it honestly doesn’t matter where you set the bar or definition for that - would the leaderboards would actually significantly change?

Personally, I think there might be a bit of a shakeup in the 500-5000 ranks, but I doubt it would have a significant impact on the top dogs or the folks lower ranked than that; those ranked lower than that are unlikely to have a lot of EZPZs, regardless of what one defines that is. Those in the top echelons have plenty of “real” games (and a decade head start, in a lot of instances) that would still give them plenty of points to keep them head and shoulders above the rest. That middle ground, where you find a lot of folks who play (and Plat) “real” games while “juicing” the score or manipulating the milestones with “trash” seems like it’d be where the effects are felt and changes in rank more meaningful than dropping or shooting up 10-20 ranks would be likely to occur.

It would be sort of interesting to see what the reaction would be if folks got their apparent wish and then discovered it didn’t change the rankings in any meaningful way. I wonder what would be the next crusade?

i think they'd change a bit, but honestly, while trophy hunting can be fun, itd be nice for people to get a reality check that trophies aren't everything. Nor are achievements. Games are meant to be fun 

Also as Saki said, the top leaderboards are more so teams. Multiple users on multiple consoles at once. Running around the clock. 

Which still is to me irrelevant. If people want to have a team unlock trophies, fine. Doesnt take any fun away from my gaming so i don't care.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

Suggestion: 

Get over it. These games exist and will never go anywhere. I'd like to see 300+ a month just to totally destroy the leaderboards 1f602.png

Leaderboards are already complete shit and totally useless unless you are in the Top 10 or something or you buy these "games" all the time.

7 minutes ago, KenjiCBZ said:

Leaderboards are already complete shit and totally useless unless you are in the Top 10 or something or you buy these "games" all the time.

Top 10 is actually even more useless because it's a matter of who has more people and more money. Has nothing to do with skill, experience, or mechanical understanding.

Either way, I fucking hate having my eyes assaulted with shitty games on an otherwise useful site. Leaderboards or not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LegendExeter said:

[...] I'm wondering why if we as profile owners can hide our own trophy lists why can't it be coded so that we just manually can hide the games we don't want to see on the home page?  Kind of like a checkbox to the left of the games where we could hide them and our profile remembers what we have hidden.  

Or our own block list of games.

I mean if the Staff or Blind Mango is willing to do this then I'm very excited about that.

[...]

Except that we can’t hide our lists or profiles on this end, we have to do it from our PSN account, through the privacy settings.

On 8/8/2022 at 8:37 AM, Ashande said:

Legitimate questions, here: How is any of this related to Sony “chasing that $$$”? How is this indicative of any similarities to what Microsoft was doing with the Xbox One?

none of my business what people do.

Edited by PMA-Daniel
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, swagdonald445 said:

Why do you think sony allow developers to release the SAME game in 10 different regions and have separate PS4/PS5 trophy lists with no cross buy???

It's all money in their pockets. 

XBOX has NEVER done anything as close to as bad as this. Even further, they actually curate their store in 2022 and don't let utterly rubbish spam trash (i refuse t o call them games) flood their marketplace.

Ultimately, SONY are 100% responsible for EVERYTHING that goes on their marketplace. It stops with them, not the devs. The devs would stop releasing this rubbish if sony just didnt allow it on their store but theyre so money hungry now $20, is $20.  

You can't even use the "new releases" anymore because it just lists the same game in 5 diferent regions over and over.

I remember the days when Sony was the premium console with some quality control. 

You know sony has dropped the fucking ball when people are writing scripts to block rubbish release games from clogging up their feed and storefront.

WTF has happened?

Sony collecting their cut for sales on their storefront is a different claim than Sony “chasing that $$$.” The latter implies that Sony is not just allowing it, but actively endorsing or encouraging it. You can play the “silence gives consent” card if you like, but I still think it’s a far cry from the hyperbole your statement implies. That’s aside that the amount they’d be making would be a small percentage of the sticker price per sale, and skimming through the titles on this site, each one claims around 1,300-1,900 owners. Being extremely generous, they might make around $10,000 - and that’s assuming they’re clearing $1 or more per sale, which I doubt, since that would be between 33%-75% of the sale price of each of these games - per game once you factor in all stacks. Sure, it sounds like a lot of money, but realistically, that’s chump change in the big picture.

You still didn’t explain how that’s tied to Microsoft during the XB1’s life cycle, which becomes even more suspect when you immediately whip around and claim that MS “actually curates their store.” Further, so far as how they “don’t let utterly rubbish spam trash” on there, well… they might not have Jumping Nuggets TURBO, but they certainly allowed War Gods Zeus of Child on there, so their approval standards might not be as stringent as you think.

I find it interesting that you claim Sony are the money hungry ones and act as though the devs are innocent little lambikins. You also seem to exclude the players who continually throw their money at the trash from the blame game. If people would stop buying it, then nobody would make any money, and it would all go away. There’s blame enough for everyone.

All that being said, it sounds like you want some gatekeepers. Which I do not inherently disagree with. But as I’ve asked before, both in this thread and elsewhere, who makes the calls? What criteria get used? What happens when someone decides to throw a tantrum because their software didn’t make the cut - whatever the reason - and who gets the blame, then? With the attitudes that have risen around this issue - and with social media in general - adding gatekeeping now is opening up all kinds of new and fascinating - potentially litigious - issues.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ashande said:

Sony collecting their cut for sales on their storefront is a different claim than Sony “chasing that $$$.” The latter implies that Sony is not just allowing it, but actively endorsing or encouraging it. You can play the “silence gives consent” card if you like, but I still think it’s a far cry from the hyperbole your statement implies. That’s aside that the amount they’d be making would be a small percentage of the sticker price per sale, and skimming through the titles on this site, each one claims around 1,300-1,900 owners. Being extremely generous, they might make around $10,000 - and that’s assuming they’re clearing $1 or more per sale, which I doubt, since that would be between 33%-75% of the sale price of each of these games - per game once you factor in all stacks. Sure, it sounds like a lot of money, but realistically, that’s chump change in the big picture.

You still didn’t explain how that’s tied to Microsoft during the XB1’s life cycle, which becomes even more suspect when you immediately whip around and claim that MS “actually curates their store.” Further, so far as how they “don’t let utterly rubbish spam trash” on there, well… they might not have Jumping Nuggets TURBO, but they certainly allowed War Gods Zeus of Child on there, so their approval standards might not be as stringent as you think.

I find it interesting that you claim Sony are the money hungry ones and act as though the devs are innocent little lambikins. You also seem to exclude the players who continually throw their money at the trash from the blame game. If people would stop buying it, then nobody would make any money, and it would all go away. There’s blame enough for everyone.

All that being said, it sounds like you want some gatekeepers. Which I do not inherently disagree with. But as I’ve asked before, both in this thread and elsewhere, who makes the calls? What criteria get used? What happens when someone decides to throw a tantrum because their software didn’t make the cut - whatever the reason - and who gets the blame, then? With the attitudes that have risen around this issue - and with social media in general - adding gatekeeping now is opening up all kinds of new and fascinating - potentially litigious - issues.

I don't mind if people spend $2 a pop on multiple regions and platforms to play 5 minute press X flash games. I'm not gate keeping anyone. 

What I do mind is their store features like upcoming etc are flooded with these shovelware games and I am frequently opening this website to see these ps4,ps5 multi region trash games spamming  the upcoming trophy lists. I recently came back to  try some trophy hunting after moving to PC from the release of PS4. Literally the first week of using my playstation I got fooled by one of these shovel ware games .It showed at the top of the new releases tab, it had a cool icon and the description didn't say anything so I purchased it on a whim. I later found out it was glorified press X game. Not only do they promote these shovel ware games but they don't require people to put anything in their descriptions now so its easy to be fooled.. There is no "silence" here. Ultimately, you could say its my mistake for presuming that Playstation still curated its storefront and cared what games it had on offer but I guess they're chasing every cent they can now. 
I don't really know anything about xbox one,  but what I do know is Microsoft now smart delivers their games. It's one list, one copy. No thinking or worrying about upgrades. No mistake in buying the wrong version of a game, no auto pop or cross buy upgrade garbage. They also don't allow these press X games....In fact, its how I remember PlayStation being!  What a shock.

It's good to know Sony is now like Microsoft of the xboxone era, I had no idea.  Thanks for letting me know.

There we go guys, just couple hours later, highest 7x combo happened. You love to see it.

Cxj5RF2.png

Not even steam have these Garbage games and that platform is the king of shovel ware. Do we have a new emperor?
https://ibb.co/Nm3pV0y

Edited by swagdonald445

39 minutes ago, swagdonald445 said:

What I do mind is their store features like upcoming etc are flooded with these shovelware games and I am frequently opening this website to see these ps4,ps5 multi region trash games spamming  the upcoming trophy lists. I recently came back to  try some trophy hunting after moving to PC from the release of PS4. Literally the first week of using my playstation I got fooled by one of these shovel ware games .It showed at the top of the new releases tab, it had a cool icon and the description didn't say anything so I purchased it on a whim. I later found out it was glorified press X game. Not only do they promote these shovel ware games but they don't require people to put anything in their descriptions now so its easy to be fooled.. There is no "silence" here. Ultimately, you could say its my mistake for presuming that Playstation still curated its storefront and cared what games it had on offer but I guess they're chasing every cent they can now. 
I don't really know anything about xbox one,  but what I do know is Microsoft now smart delivers their game. It's one list, one copy. No thinking or worrying about upgrades. No mistake in buying the wrong version of a game, no auto pop or cross buy upgrade garbage. They also don't allow these press X games....In fact, its how I remember PlayStation being!  What a shock.

It's good to know Sony is now like Microsoft of the xboxone era, I had no idea.  Thanks for letting me know.

Not even steam have these Garbage games and that platform is the king of shovel ware. Do we have a new emperor?
https://ibb.co/Nm3pV0y

As regards the store features: You say you “got fooled.” What game did the fooling? Disco Cannon Airlines? Looking at the description, looks like fairly obvious trophy trash to me; poor grammar, single sentence description, vague as all hell. There’s a video that shows a minute and a half of gameplay that looks incredibly basic and lacking in any detail, alongside a handful of screenshots that all look the same. If you looked at all that, said “looks good, chief” and bought it, then felt “fooled” when you got an incredibly basic game that handed the trophies out in three minutes, I don’t know what to tell you. But so far as Sony “promoting” it, showing up in the New Releases tab isn’t promotion. It means it’s a new release. Every single game shows up there, and will be the top square for at least the first few seconds of its life. You say there’s no silence, but you also say Sony doesn’t say or do anything about this, so which is it? Or are you claiming they’re not “silent” because you have convinced yourself that they’re promoting this crap despite it not showing up in any of the curated sections of the store (which, if you weren’t aware, do exist. They’re under the “Collections” tab of the storefront.)

If you don’t know anything about Xbox One, then why (in the original post that I responded to) did you claim “it’s funny that Sony has become what Xbox was last gen?” You think they’ve become something that you have no experience with and can’t explain how they became it? That’s a fascinating statement. Then you somehow claim I “let you know” that… how, precisely? What comparison was made? How did I let you know something so you could make a statement before I’d responded to you?

Smart delivery vs. the PS4/PS5 upgrade system (or the PS3/PS4/PS Vita Cross Buy system that preceded it) is an interesting topic, and I do think Sony could stand to take a page from Microsoft’s book on that count… but has only minimal relation to the trophy trash games, Paying $10 to upgrade Death Stranding or Ghost of Tsushima (and getting extra content in the bargain) or sticking my Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla or Yakuza: Like a Dragon PS4 disc in the drive and having the option to download the PS5 version instead doesn’t really seem to be on topic, here (plus, they’re not really spamming the store and cluttering up the tabs; there’s only two versions of each of them, both clearly marked, one for PS4 and one for PS5.) If you have issues with auto pops or cross-buy, that’s an entirely separate argument. So far as “buying the wrong version,” the store has icons all over to tell you what version(s) you’re getting, with a drop down box to change it if you started off by clicking on the wrong one. (That’s also where they hide the Collector’s, Digital Deluxe, Ultimate, GOTY, etc versions; shall we get rid of those, too, to make it less confusing?)

You’re all over the place, and not making any sense, to say nothing of how far afield from the topic we’ve gone at this point.

And your parting shot (complete with screenshot showing Steam didn’t have that specific title) doesn’t show… anything of value. Steam still has bucketloads of garbage, orders of magnitude more than PS4/5 and Switch combined. Just search the word “clicker” or “Sakura” and you’ll find plenty. The lack of Xump Jump specifically doesn’t really mean much.

Personally I say just delete the leaderboard page entirely, especially now as they are tarnished with people who only play garbage wank fuck trash 'games'. Trophies shouldn't be competitive, so there wasn't really a need for leaderboards in the first place. And now that they're redundant, just delete it, the competitive nature of it lies solely within these gash 'games'!

I imagine that's something only Sly could ever do, but if it was up to me, those leaderboards would have left quicker than the wives of those with The Pig P plats. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Ashande said:

As regards the store features: You say you “got fooled.” What game did the fooling? Disco Cannon Airlines? Looking at the description, looks like fairly obvious trophy trash to me; poor grammar, single sentence description, vague as all hell. There’s a video that shows a minute and a half of gameplay that looks incredibly basic and lacking in any detail, alongside a handful of screenshots that all look the same. If you looked at all that, said “looks good, chief” and bought it, then felt “fooled” when you got an incredibly basic game that handed the trophies out in three minutes, I don’t know what to tell you. But so far as Sony “promoting” it, showing up in the New Releases tab isn’t promotion. It means it’s a new release. Every single game shows up there, and will be the top square for at least the first few seconds of its life. You say there’s no silence, but you also say Sony doesn’t say or do anything about this, so which is it? Or are you claiming they’re not “silent” because you have convinced yourself that they’re promoting this crap despite it not showing up in any of the curated sections of the store (which, if you weren’t aware, do exist. They’re under the “Collections” tab of the storefront.)

If you don’t know anything about Xbox One, then why (in the original post that I responded to) did you claim “it’s funny that Sony has become what Xbox was last gen?” You think they’ve become something that you have no experience with and can’t explain how they became it? That’s a fascinating statement. Then you somehow claim I “let you know” that… how, precisely? What comparison was made? How did I let you know something so you could make a statement before I’d responded to you?

Smart delivery vs. the PS4/PS5 upgrade system (or the PS3/PS4/PS Vita Cross Buy system that preceded it) is an interesting topic, and I do think Sony could stand to take a page from Microsoft’s book on that count… but has only minimal relation to the trophy trash games, Paying $10 to upgrade Death Stranding or Ghost of Tsushima (and getting extra content in the bargain) or sticking my Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla or Yakuza: Like a Dragon PS4 disc in the drive and having the option to download the PS5 version instead doesn’t really seem to be on topic, here (plus, they’re not really spamming the store and cluttering up the tabs; there’s only two versions of each of them, both clearly marked, one for PS4 and one for PS5.) If you have issues with auto pops or cross-buy, that’s an entirely separate argument. So far as “buying the wrong version,” the store has icons all over to tell you what version(s) you’re getting, with a drop down box to change it if you started off by clicking on the wrong one. (That’s also where they hide the Collector’s, Digital Deluxe, Ultimate, GOTY, etc versions; shall we get rid of those, too, to make it less confusing?)

You’re all over the place, and not making any sense, to say nothing of how far afield from the topic we’ve gone at this point.

And your parting shot (complete with screenshot showing Steam didn’t have that specific title) doesn’t show… anything of value. Steam still has bucketloads of garbage, orders of magnitude more than PS4/5 and Switch combined. Just search the word “clicker” or “Sakura” and you’ll find plenty. The lack of Xump Jump specifically doesn’t really mean much.

I'll keep this brief because you've just said that the upgrade system and crossbuy is unrelated to shovel ware games which is laughable when most of them release with 3-4 versions at a time. The whole system was rushed and panic designed when they realised Xbox was having smart delivery.  

I dont know anything about Xbox 1 but I was typing about how poor the PS store curation is and you were bringing up the Xbox one generation. I put two, and two together which resulted in the correct conclusion that you were saying if "xbox did it before, its okay for Sony." to which I disagree. I'm presuming you don't just interject random unrelated topics into a reply about shovel ware games. You also stated that Xbox has shovelware games to which I agree. But it’s not even close and Xbox has never had flip the burger 2 with 7 versions of the same game to purchase for extra gamer score. It’s so, so scummy. 

I shouldn't need to check if a listing on the PSN Store is an actual game or effectively a scam. As I said, I saw a cow and a dude with an afro and it was cheap, so I grabbed it thinking it would be something at least humorous. I also presumed Playstation was still the premium console with proper store curation but that clearly isn't the case anymore. I shouldn't need to scout a game to make sure it's not a borderline SCAM on a locked down platform/ ecosystem like PSN.  People shouldn’t need to accidently buy a shovel ware game to find out they exist on the service. This wasn't even an issue 3 years ago.

Lastly, I'll grab the last  5 shovel ware games at a glance  showing in the recently released on PSN profiles:
Weben Blocks 2 - No steam release, no wii release. 2 version/platinums you can buy
Santas Workshop - No steam release, no wii release. SEVEN VERSIONS/Platinums you can buy.
Space Kabaam 3 - No steam release, no wii release, 4 versions/platinums you can buy
Snow Journey - No steam release, no wii release, 4 versions to platinum/buy
Giraffe G - No steam release, no wii release. 4 versions to platinum/buy

I'm sure I could keep going but I don't need to continue to state the obvious.

PlayStation is legitimately becoming the platform of choice for shovel ware and quick bucks for developers exploiting Sony's terrible management of their trophy/upgrade system. On top of that, its effectively destroyed the leaderboards for anyone who doesn't want to buy $2 flash press X games. I don't care about the leaderboard but I feel for the people who had a reasonable position and no longer do because of Sony's greed and mismanagement of their platform.

ps. I’m not going after the players or the devs. They are just using a system and product that Sony has designed. Your saying if people stopped buying these rubbish games the dev would stop releasing them but why should they if Sony supports it ? This all begins and ends with Sony.

Edited by swagdonald445
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, swagdonald445 said:

I'll keep this brief because you've just said that the upgrade system and crosss buy doesn't affect shovel ware games which is laughable when most of them release with 3-4 versions at a time. You are either arguing for the sake of arguing or just a severe Sony apologist.

I dont know anything about Xbox 1 but I was typing about how poor the PS store curation is and you were bringing up the Xbox one generation. I put two, and two together which resulted in the correct conclusion that you were effetely saying if "xbox did it before, its okay for Sony." to which I disagree. I'm presuming you don't just interject random unrelated topics into a reply and you were just hoping to have a discussion about the xbox's hardware and not the fact the store WAS allowing shovel ware games like Sony is now?

I shouldn't need to check if a listing on the PSN Store is an actual game or effectively a scam. As I said, I saw a cow and a dude with an afro and it was cheap, so I grabbed it thinking it would be something at least humorous. I also presumed Playstation was still the premium console with proper store curation but that clearly isn't the case anymore. I shouldn't need to scout a game to make sure it's not a borderline SCAM on a locked down platform/ ecosystem like PSN nor should people need to accidently buy a shovel ware game to find out. This wasn't even an issue 3 years ago.

Lastly, I'll grab the last  5 shovel ware games at a glance  showing in the recently released on PSN profiles:
Weben Blocks 2 - No steam release, no wii release. 2 version/platinums you can buy
Santas Workshop - No steam release, no wii release. SEVEN VERSIONS/Platinums you can buy.
Space Kabaam 3 - No steam release, no wii release, 4 versions/platinums you can buy
Snow Journey - No steam release, no wii release, 4 versions to platinum/buy
Giraffe G - No steam release, no wii release. 4 versions to platinum/buy

I'm sure I could keep going but I don't need to continue to state the obvious.

PlayStation is legitimately becoming the platform of choice for shovel ware and quick bucks for developers exploiting Sony's terrible management of their trophy/upgrade system. On top of that, its effectively destroyed the leaderboards for anyone who doesn't want to buy $2 flash press X games. I don't care about the leaderboard but I feel for the people who had a reasonable position and no longer do because of Sony's greed and mismanagement of their platform.

The reason there are so many “versions” is not due to cross-buy or the upgrade system (in fact, a lot of the trash doesn’t even support those systems. Ironically, you’ve gotta buy each one individually) is due to region stacks and BS “enhanced” editions/rereleases. Again, as noted, if you look at “legitimate” games, they don’t have all these stacks; in fact, several cross-buy games (as well as multiplatform games that didn’t have cross-buy) have less stacks/entries/versions/whatever-you-want-to-call-them-to-argue-nonsensically-at-the-moment because they use the same trophy database. Dragon’s Crown, Odin Sphere, most of the recent Musou games that were cross generation are examples.

You say I am the one who brought up Xbox. That is either factually incorrect at best or an outright lie at worst, since I responded to this post:

On 8/7/2022 at 3:33 PM, swagdonald445 said:

sony always chasing that $$$ 

it's funny how sony has become what xbox was last gen

That you? What I did do was ask what you meant by that, which you never answered. You also claimed Microsoft “NEVER” did anything like Sony, to which I pointed out War Gods Zeus of Child managed to creep into their storefront - which happened recently, mind you, not during the XB1 era. Nowhere did I say “Microsoft did it before, so it’s okay for Sony,” nor was it me “interjecting unrelated topics into a reply.” Nothing at all was said regarding their hardware by either party until you bring it up here (which, amusingly, feels like “interjecting unrelated topics into a reply,” but that’s been kind of the whole theme since your original post, anyway.) Now you claim you don’t know anything about Xbox and use a circular route to claim I somehow proved a statement

You say you “shouldn’t need to” check if something is a legitimate game or a scam. Do you also just hand over your credit card number to random callers or texters? After all, I’m sure the telephone company controls what goes on, since they’re responsible for anything that uses their service. Personal responsibility and the concept of caveat emptor are real things, and a whole lot of folks would be doing a whole lot better if they learned that. Further, Disco Cannon Airlines isn’t a scam. It’s trophy trash. It’s not very good. But it does exactly what it says on the tin (and what was shown in the video) which means it’s not a scam, and you weren’t “fooled” into buying it by Sony. You bought it because the information provided looked good to you. If you opted not to look at all the information (didn’t watch the trailer - which autoplays when you go to the store page if you let it sit for a second, by the by) or looked at the available information and still said “Yup, I’m gonna buy it,” that is no one’s fault but your own. Claiming such things didn’t happen in previous generations is just untrue; there are plenty of games that looked appealing for various reasons, that people then bought, that turned out to be garbage. Amy sticks in my mind, but you can run that ball all the way back to the Atari 2600 if you want. It may not have been due to digital bling, but the concepts remain.

You’re very fixated on people “accidentally” buying a “scam” game; I just don’t think that happens. People may buy bad games, believing them to be good for any number of reasons, and you might claim it was done “accidentally,” somehow. But no one is “accidentally” buying The Jumping Taco TURBO. The people clicking “buy” on that or anything else like it know exactly what they’re getting and why they’re getting it.

Again, you’re citing a handful specific games then using them as a broad generalization. “There’s these six pieces of crap here that I couldn’t find elsewhere, therefore all (or most) crap is here.” There’s plenty of crap, cash-grabs, asset-flips and every other bit of scammy, scummy behavior evidenced by developers on every other platform to a greater or lesser degree. The lack of these specific games doesn’t mean anything. I could just as easily say something like “Gran Turismo 7 isn’t available on Steam, and Forza Horizon 5 isn’t on Epic Games Store, so that proves that racing games are only on PS5 and Xbox.” Just because Steam didn’t have dog crap doesn’t mean it’s free of moose crap.

Trophy trash didn’t destroy the leaderboards. The leaderboards were an impenetrable fortress long before that. The majority of the higher echelons are filled with cheaters, exploiters, team players, and people who had a significant head start. The majority of those people are now playing the trash just to hold their spot, and while a new player might be able to juice their way up the rankings a little bit via buy-a-plat systems, they’re not likely to break into the top tiers with them. You could banish all the “trash” - whatever that means to you - tomorrow, and I suspect the overall structure will remain the same.

You’ve said before you’re not asking for gatekeeping, but continually bash Sony for not gatekeeping. If you want someone to decide “these don’t get to be on the platform,” that is a form of gatekeeping - one which, I have stated before, I am not entirely against… but that I fear can and will have negative repercussions more severe than “Ahhh, my eyes, I had to see another stack of Santa’s Workshop on the PSNP site! Oh noes, my finger slipped and I accidentally bought Xump Jump!”

You can call me a Sony apologist if it makes you feel better or helps you sleep at night, but that’s very dismissive and not at all correct. Being an apologist would be saying “Sony didn’t do anything wrong, bro! They can shove those games down your throat and it’s fine, bro!” Pointing out that they didn’t shove them down your throat is not being an apologist. Pointing out there’s plenty of issues here, and that many companies and individuals have a slice of the blame pie is not being an apologist.

Anyway. We have, as noted, wandered incredibly far from the topic and are likely inching ever closer to destruction.

• Like 1

On 8. 8. 2022 at 5:15 PM, SakiSakiSakiSakiSaki said:

@HusKy Have you investigated the feasibility of a site-wide block function? If so, what’s it looking like?

Yes, but when I released hotfix 6.2, I had to disable the feature introduced in v6.0. I need to get that fixed first as it would be beneficial to have it for the blacklist as well.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, HusKy said:

I need to get that fixed first as it would be beneficial to have it for the blacklist as well.

It would definitely be a vital feature, because we could just add onto a community made blacklist and pass the link around for everyone, as opposed to everyone manually making their own blacklists for the same purpose.