Speedster + Unchanging Armor tips

Shaakaa82

I apologize if this question has been answered before.

Im doing a Sppedster + Unchanging Armor + Undefeated run on easy difficulty and I am having big problems with Ansem. After a few tries, the first two versions of him are really easy to me but the third one seems to be impossible because of the lasers.

I am level 51 after 6 hours and only have the simple version of Aero. Should I spend time and go for the -ra and -ga versions?

What should I do when all of the lasers begin to shoot at me with no time between them to rest or attack?

Thanks, regards.

I would if I was use you Tinkerbell or if you want to grind more levels to fight him with a higher level you can as you can do what I did. it might be cheating but basically if you have a 100% save where you got all the stuff needed to make the ultra weapons for sora and his mates and so on if your time is close to 100 hours you can let it tick over 99.99.99 and it will go to 00.00.00 letting you still get the trophy it is well dum and also cheating in some way but it is good if you don't want to do another run of the game.

Edited by Lonemankane

Thank you for your tips but I already have a 100% save, this run is just for speedster and unchanging armor. Besides, I couldnt get unchanging armor if I equip a stronger weapon...

Btw, finally I was able to defeat Ansem with a more aggressive approach, instead of waiting for an opportunity to attack, I just cast aero and went berserk against Ansem without dodging the lasers and healing when needed and it worked...

Now the proud run and platinum, I hope it does not take me too much time...

Thank you guys.

• Like 1

For anyone else who sees this and is struggling, you can break up the unchanging armor and speedster by switching equipment and spanking him, then grinding levels with the file right before the fight.

OR 

If you have the time, get Aeroga and use it as it can almost completely neutralize the laser's damage and DOES NOT interrupt your attacks.

I ended up splitting it up, but when I did unchanging armor, I went back and got Aeroga and beat ansem's ass on like level 55 and still got it done in under 15 hours (it was between 13 and 14 hours).

Hope that helps!

• Like 1

On 8/5/2022 at 4:39 PM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

If you have the time, get Aeroga and use it as it can almost completely neutralize the laser's damage and DOES NOT interrupt your attacks.

I did not know this! You think you would have seen everything by now and yet still haven’t. Totally thought the Pinocchio cutscene in the traverse town shop was the last thing I had missed.

Aware as I am that it certainly isn’t helpful to just say “it’s not that hard,” beginner mode with the set of free augment items not to mention the exp necklace you start with effectively set you up for success for this run. As stated above, 15 hours is rather generous in this case by comparison to other speedrun trophies.

The questions you are asked at the beginning should be answered with the first options so you level up faster from levels 1-50. I would take the sword and drop the shield so you’ll acquire offensive abilities at the forefront (on a completion playthrough I would take the rod and drop either the sword or shield). You can skip either Atlantica or halloween town but if you are keen on being as high a level as possible you can certainly go for both, as well as even one run of the Hades cup. 100 acre wood can be skipped as the ultimate reward is an exp accessory you would have to forgo equipping anyway. I personally swap the kingdom key for spellbinder and later oathkeeper but alas not for this run.

This run IMO is typically also for ?Undefeated so I would keep that in mind if you’re still missing it. This is my #1 game of all time, at least talking mainstream games, so I have strong opinions about things that could have been different (using special attacks and guard/counterattack underwater and in auto glide) so that is why I wouldn’t expect ?Undefeated to be pursued in a standard or proud mode playthrough. Oh yeah Tinker Bell you can’t go wrong!

Edited by EqualityEarth
  • Like 2