DEUS EX New Game Is In The Works (UPD 2024: the game canceled, Eidos confirmed to lay off 97 employees)

ziggypossum

1 hour ago, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

I think remasters of the Deus Ex games, including the first Deus Ex, are more likely to come out of the Embracer acquisition than a new game.

Tbh I think that would be the smartest move right now, and what Embracer are known for doing- putting out remasters, slowly building up brand awareness and public interest, and eventually releasing a realistically-budgeted (but still well received) sequel. It's a pretty decent strategy that's served them well in the past.

Both Deus Ex: Human Revolution and DX: Mankind Divided were some of my favorite games of all time, so I'd love see what happens after Mankind Divided story wise. And I wish they would port those games to PS5 and take advantage of its faster load times and fps.

• Like 2

Absolutely loved Human Revolution and Mankind Divided (HR a little bit more). So another sequel is something I eagerly await. 

Human Revolution is a proud success story for me. I played it back when we got it for PS+ years ago, and I had restarted the game 4 times because of that Foxiest of the Hounds trophy...once I finished the game, sure I didn't raise any alarms...the trophy didn't pop...I was heartbroken (I enjoyed my time with it, but couldn't stomach doing it all over again only to likely fail again). Considered the game a wash as something I'd never Plat and just never went back to it. Until Mankind Divided came out and I managed to Plat that without much issue...I immediately went back to HR since the muscle memory was there to try it again and ended up getting the Plat. 

Needless to say, I really want another game. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
26 minutes ago, Vern3r0z said:

what was the point of buying all these studios if this is the end result?

Embracer bought all those studios, 'cos they were negotiating a deal worth $2 billion. The deal fell through & now Embracer is forced to shot down studios to keep themselves afloat.

List of victims (RIP):

Free Radical Design (known for TimeSplitters series) 1999-2014, 2021-2023

Volition (known for Red Faction & Saints Row series) 1993-2023

There's a very big chance 3D Realms (known for original Duke Nukem trilogy) will also shot down by the end of the year. Time will tell.

• Like 3