August Ps Plus Extra/Premium

Sailar91

14 minutes ago, czDante92 said:

they're completely separate batch

Oh I do apologise. It says ps plus extra/premium. I’m glad I didn’t take the offer of upgrading for £50 something for 500 odd days of ps plus extra. Seems like a rip off to me. It’s funny seeing all the old ps plus games added to the list.. when a brand new desirable games gets added to the list I will surprised. When that happens regularly I’ll consider upgrading but for now I’m happy with the basic tier and just buying games on sale :) 

40 minutes ago, cy1999aek_maik said:

I'm wondering if I should start with Yakuza 0 or Yakuza 1? I've never played the franchise before

You'll be fine starting with either. If you start with Kiwami(1), you'd be better positioned to get some of the series references in 0, but it's not strictly necessary. It's been a while since I played either, but I think the fighting style was very different for 0 to 1, so that might be a bit of a shock if you start from 0. Be warned, if you're going for plats, 0 especially is lengthy, and they both have one very difficult car section on a legendary playthrough.

A very meh month, a bunch of old games/fillers nobody will care about and recycled Plus games. Metro should be the headline game, even though its 3yrs old it will probably be the most played. Also Everspace is already on the service so they messed up there, probably next months double dip... 

Edited by GUDGER666
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

A very meh month, a bunch of old games/fillers nobody will care about and recycled Plus games. Metro should be the headline game, even though its 3yrs old it will probably be the most played. Also Everspace is already on the service so they messed up there, probably next months double dip... 

I didn’t notice about Everspace, this is a very embarrassing mistake 

Edit: just noticed that they removed it from the original list

Edited by Sailar91

3 hours ago, willmill97 said:

Be warned, if you're going for the 100% in Wildlands, be prepared for one of the most mundane gaming experiences of your whole life.

Is everything in it still obtainable in 2022?

I saw one thread claiming some trophies were broke or something 

2 hours ago, NordicSaiyan said:

For real? It looks fun in my opinion

Don't wanna burst your bubble dude, but I played the trial years ago - was considering buying it then - and the game felt very clunky and sluggish. Probably even worse now compared to current shooters.

56 minutes ago, jgm4789 said:

...kiwami 1 and 2 are way easier to plat then 0.

Zero is harder than Kiwami 1? Sheesh! Probably gonna stay away from it than.

Kiwami already kicked my ass with the Climax Battles + having to learn Mahjong + that ridiculous car chase in Legend Mode.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

Is everything in it still obtainable in 2022?

I saw one thread claiming some trophies were broke or something 

I got the plat some time ago. The game itself is a buggy mess (trophy wise) since you basically earn the trophies only if the server registers your progress. For example, I got every collectible in the game and did every mission aswell, but since I played offline (and maybe because I played co-op, I don't know) several trophies were bugged and had to do another full playtrough to get every collectible again in hopes of the trophies popping. 

I'd say you just gotta be really careful while playing and make sure you're always online. 

1 hour ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

Zero is harder than Kiwami 1? Sheesh! Probably gonna stay away from it than.

Kiwami already kicked my ass with the Climax Battles + having to learn Mahjong + that ridiculous car chase in Legend Mode.

I did Zero pretty recently, its longer and has a lot more awful luck based stuff and tons of grindy stuff. It feels more frustrating to plat because of the grind and luck. But ultimately its easier then Kiwami IMO. The car chase in Zero is significantly easier then Kiwami. And none of the minigames were as hard as some of Harukas requests.

Edited by MrHealthy
  • Like 1

I'm not a fan of them bringing multiple games from the same series to the service in the same month. Feels cheap, effortless. 

And definitely not a fan of seeing games that were already on plus/now subscriptions added again as new games... 

I'm really hoping some classic games are coming as well, it's what, the 3rd month of premium? A service which had classic games as one of its major selling points... Hard to believe the first month 'without classics' comes now, and not in 3 years or something.

I more or less like the overall collection of games offered, but the monthly updates are not what I was expecting, not something I like and at this point, the only reason I'm even considering renewing premium in two months is that I can get it for 1/3rd of the price in another country. 

Trials of Mana is the one that interests me. I liked the demo before release but never got around to buying the full game.

Already owned Bugsnax from the PS5 freebie thing last year.

The rest of the list is fine, on my 'get to it when I get to it' list.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PIOTREK27-1982 said:

After just 2 months they dropped PSone classics entirely? What happened with Dino Crisis rumors? 

So Premium members pay more for nothing this month it seems. 

Exactly, and remember last month the Italian PS Blog mentioned another few classics that ended up getting cut from the release. Stupidly, we thought they were holding them back for this month to guarantee a classic release every update. Oh how foolish we were…

22 hours ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

Don't wanna burst your bubble dude, but I played the trial years ago - was considering buying it then - and the game felt very clunky and sluggish. Probably even worse now compared to current shooters.

That's a shame to be honest. Thanks for the head up :)

• Like 1