Level 99 trophy is it faster online or singleplayer?

Afura_33

Hello, 

I was thinking about to maybe make the level 99 trophy. I was told by someone to do the trophy offline singleplayer on p7 or p8 because this would be much faster than doing it online in a group. I am bit confused why it should be faster in singleplayer on p8 than online with a fast teleport sorc and in a full group with 8 people. Can someone tell me why? Shouldn't both methods take more or less the same amount of time? 

9 minutes ago, Afura_33 said:

Hello, 

I was thinking about to maybe make the level 99 trophy. I was told by someone to do the trophy offline singleplayer on p7 or p8 because this would be much faster than doing it online in a group. I am bit confused why it should be faster in singleplayer on p8 than online with a fast teleport sorc and in a full group with 8 people. Can someone tell me why? Shouldn't both methods take more or less the same amount of time? 

If you got a group of 8 then that would be faster than going solo in player8 mode, At least if you are solo you can backup save compared to online you have no backups if you die.

5 minutes ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

If you got a group of 8 then that would be faster than going solo in player8 mode, At least if you are solo you can backup save compared to online you have no backups if you die.

Yea this is my concern too because it is hardcore, with my shitty internet lol I would probably die due to a lag before even reaching level 99 :D I wish it would be softcore instead of hardcore like level 99 alone wouldn't be hard enough lol

Edited by Afura_33

1 minute ago, Afura_33 said:

Yea this is my concern too because it is hardcore, with my shitty internet lol I would probably die due to a lag before even reaching level 99 :D I wish it would be softcore instead of hardcore like level 99 alone wouldn't be hard enough lol

I am slowly playing it on and off still only level 91 solo but i have had a lot of stupid deaths like going into a dungeon and instant dying etc but at least i have save backed up for it.

4 minutes ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

I am slowly playing it on and off still only level 91 solo but i have had a lot of stupid deaths like going into a dungeon and instant dying etc but at least i have save backed up for it.

You are doing it offline singleplayer? Yea I also died once but online due to a lag in a baal run, I got a disconnect and when I reloged into the game the char was dead. 

Edited by Afura_33

21 minutes ago, Gattusso02 said:

Speed would be relative to you having a solid multiplayer group to play with along with the risk of death. I personally recommend just going the solo route on P3 Baal and Uber Diablo. Posted more details on this separately here. 

True, you need a good group at least to do so. I did early read about the diablo clone dupe soj method, looks also interesting, but sounds like a lot to dupe 16000 sojs :)