"Press X For Trophies" Coming to PSN

Aranea Highwind

Honestly I like these kinda games solely because theyre cheap meme games, and experiencing them with twitch chat has been entertaining enough on their own. Whether I'm laughing at what the game itself is, or shitting all over it for laughs, i find it entertaining all the same. Overall, content I enjoy to a degree that I get mainly for laughs.

Edited by PlatNEm

6 hours ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

He believes that PlayStation, the video game branch of Sony, has gotten worse since they moved their headquarters in California. 

Which they did. We started getting stuff like Orc Slayer and My Name is Mayo. 

Also, Sony just seems to enjoy censorship, which wasn’t as much of a problem when they were still in Japan.

Edited by AJ_Radio
  • Like 4

Y'all need to realize that Sony doesn't care.

Companies in general don't care about you or your wants.

At the end of the day, money is the most important factor to companies.

Do I like ezpzs? Of course not, so I'm going to vote with my WALLET and not purchase them. 

40 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Neither of which Sony made, and both of which appear on multiple platforms.

Well apparently something happened. There was still some standard because 1000 Top Rated was taken off the store after one day.

48 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

So…what you’re saying is:

Sony moved to the California, and all that sunshine immediately went to thier heads, making them simultaneously less in favour of censorship…

…and more in favour of censorship.

Impeccable logic, captain.

I gave a good chuckle out of this bit.

Just now, AJ_Radio said:

Well apparently something happened. There was still some standard because 1000 Top Rated was taken off the store after one day.

That had nothing to do with QA standards or content curation though- That was an trading standards issue:

The name “1000 Top Rated” could legitimately have been argued to be bonafide false advertising, as it strongly implied a large number of positive customer ratings that it didn’t have.

The game may have been removed… but it was back within a week, with a new name (Slyde) and is still available to this day.

• Like 1

The state of Commiefornia murdered my entire family and my dog. ?

Interesting that some people seem to think a little uproar generated by this game online could possibly prod PlayStation into tightening quality control. That's either incredibly optimistic or delusional. I mean, how long has truly horrendous shovelware like Sword of Fortress: The Onomuzim, Life of Black Tiger, and Flowers are Dead (to name but a few off the top of my head) been on sale for now? Personally, I find that stuff more offensive than the "press X to win" games—at least you know what you're getting with those. But, I hate to think of the poor souls who got fleeced by zero effort, asset flipping cash grabs masquerading as games.

People are just so all knowing and smart around here.  We could probably solve all the worlds problems in a day.  Everyone knows everything about everything so "matter of fact."  "The all knowing OZ" and the Great debaters all mixed into one.   I love when people list ten different things people said and respond to each one like they're a damn authority on everything.    People love to read their thoughts over and over on this website thats for damn sure.  I could not make a comment on one of these threads for a year and come back and its the same 6 people telling everyone how it is a month a year 5 years later.  They think because they police the PSN profile threads they are so damn smart  because nobody else goes outside besides them.  We're all just losers who don't know shit besides those 5 people who seem to have the answer for every damn thing.

If you ever need any life advice or guidance or to be set straight on your way of thinking you should come visit these forums because you'll see who to ask in a matter of minutes.  they'll be glad to stroke their ego and help set you straight on everything.  you'll be good to go then for sure!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

People are just so all knowing and smart around here.  We could probably solve all the worlds problems in a day.  Everyone knows everything about everything so "matter of fact."  "The all knowing OZ" and the Great debaters all mixed into one.   I love when people list ten different things people said and respond to each one like they're a damn authority on everything.    People love to read their thoughts over and over on this website thats for damn sure.  I could not make a comment on one of these threads for a year and come back and its the same 6 people telling everyone how it is a month a year 5 years later.  They think because they police the PSN profile threads they are so damn smart  because nobody else goes outside besides them.  We're all just losers who don't know shit besides those 5 people who seem to have the answer for every damn thing.

If you ever need any life advice or guidance or to be set straight on your way of thinking you should come visit these forums because you'll see who to ask in a matter of minutes.  they'll be glad to stroke their ego and help set you straight on everything.  you'll be good to go then for sure!

It’s good while you’re sipping coffee. I’d post the Michael Jackson Thriller popcorn GIF, but you know….

Edited by AJ_Radio

1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

Which they did. We started getting stuff like Orc Slayer and My Name is Mayo. 

Also, Sony just seems to enjoy censorship, which wasn’t as much of a problem when they were still in Japan.

But how is this related to the choice to move their headquarters to california? Maybe there's some connection that I'm still not seeing but I'd really like to understand your reasoning.

18 minutes ago, KimmysGotGame said:

But how is this related to the choice to move their headquarters to california? Maybe there's some connection that I'm still not seeing but I'd really like to understand your reasoning.

It isn’t connected. You are just witnessing an argument that exists in perpetuity by its proponent.

4 minutes ago, Spider-Man916 said:

I just look at these types of....well, they're not games because you don't actually play them....profile boosting, platinum popping shitware as just another sign of the decline of western civilization. 

That may be going a bit too far. Not sure if I agree with the decline.

7 hours ago, diskdocx said:

I would much rather Sony deal with censorship, and do something about games releasing that are actually broken, don't work, have game breaking bugs and trophies that don't work and won't ever be fixed. That is a much bigger QC problem.

I tend to agree. Whenever I visit the store I never see those shovelware titles, nor are they advertised to me.

What hurts me far more is that games that I initially looked forward to such as Space Hulk: Ascension and Warhammer 40K: Deathwatch, launched with glitched trophies and are still unobtainable to this day.?

Edited by Mellenthin
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, VeldinX said:

Because Sony said games like this wouldn’t get platinum trophies then changed the rules allowing for this problem. There, one reason Sony is at fault. Also, as I said before, Xbox don’t have achievements in some bottom rate crapware so perhaps Sony should do the same. 

I even mentioned how PlayStation minis was the perfect solution but again, you’ve ignored that. You can’t say my criticism hasn’t been constructive at least. 

Slight misconception on the 'wouldn't get a platinum trophy' part. The rule was always that a game needed a certain number of trophies to qualify for a platinum trophy to be added, and it was an additional fee for that add. That rule hasn't changed, but the average number of trophies per non-triple A game has gone up and the platinum fee has gone down. Mixed with devs being disallowed to add trophies for already published games (exceptions and workarounds exist), this gives the illusion that Sony used to prevent this sort of behavior until they didn't. In reality it was always possible and the only real game changer was making a platinum cheaper to add.

As for the mini's thing, that was a failed project. I doubt you're going to find devs willing to jump on a bandwagon that's provably missing a few wheels.

1 hour ago, Letenko said:

I found it really bizzare and strange how AJ kept mentioning Cali in like 70% of his Sony rants, but I strongly agree with his main point which boils down to "all the executive decisions now are made by suits, people with 0 passion for the gaming media, Sillicon Valley is full of these types of people and folks like John Carmac or John Romero who made huge strides beacuse of their love of games are nowehere to be found". 

There are still great games being released and supported, the problem is now you gotta shovel through metric tons of shit to get to them. I can compare folk who bitch about these types of games to people in youtube music comments saying "I was born in the wrong generation" just because they enjoy something else.

With that being said, I'd always rather stick with those people than people who buy these games and allow the store/PSNP/trophies to be infested with stacks upon stacks of shovelware just to increase the number of trophies or fool themself by getting a higher percentage completion. I miss the PS3 era dearly and the best thing that can be done is to vote with your wallet, don't buy this shit and as pretentious as it sounds, keep up the "elitist" attitude towards people who buy and support these. If it keeps at least a handful of people from getting into these games, it's worth it.

I’m not blaming California for everything here but there was a change in leadership after Sony moved their headquarters there in early 2016. It’s now Sony Interactive Entertainment. Before it was named Sony Computer Entertainment. SCE was based in Japan, and had different leadership. 

Sony doesn’t care for trophies, but they graciously allow them for us which is a good thing. 

My main point is there’s too much crap flooding the PS Store now. The PSNP leaderboards is a joke because guys like ikemenzi just gobble up the latest games the moment they get released. It’s not a contest to who can play for longer with actual games. It’s a exploitation by those select few who have thousands of dollars to spend. 

If you’re not financially well off and you’re just playing some easy games here and there, there’s no chance to climb the leaderboards. 

Any time threads like this pop up there are at least half a dozen people or so who will defend these shovelware titles, and often get offended when someone conjures up an alternate opinion. This has been the trend ever since Ratalaika Games entered the trophy hunting scene, which was sometime in 2017 or so. 

Now we consider Ratalaika to have actual trophy lists (they publish various indie titles) while Breakthrough Gaming Arcade and Jumping Taco have taken the place of EZPZ games. Back in 2018 that was Ratalaika. Now it's easily possible to earn over 100 platinums in just a couple of weeks.

That is why I’ve completely given up the leaderboards and just play games I want to play. Set up my own goals and challenge myself to finish. That gives an aura of excitement and accomplishment that I wouldn’t get stacking endless amounts of garbage like the top trophy hunters are doing. 

• Like 1