"Press X For Trophies" Coming to PSN

Aranea Highwind

2 minutes ago, Spider-Man916 said:

@AJ_Radio Personally, I don't give a rat's ass about this site's or any other leaderboards.  I've always played for personal satisfaction and my own personal goals.  The leaderboards don't mean anything and have no value.  Do it for yourself.

I just made this point.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

The state of trophies and achievements is getting ridiculous. On Xbox, it's the 5000G worth of title updates for Xitilion games for menial tasks; on here, it's worse due to the amount of stacks. Jesus. Stack upon stack upon stack of reskinned garbage. It's been so bad in recent weeks that I completely missed the What Remains of Edith Finch and Stray trophy lists, they just got buried by shovelware. Every time I load this site, it's the same game 5 times. 

You do you, I've been guilty of playing shovelware in the past (stopped now) but this is another level. I'm so glad I've moved to 2-3 games a month. Easy games are fine, so long as they actually make an effort to be a video game. 

On that subject, sometimes I click on a random player's profile that appears on the home page. When I see the last hundreds games they played are just stacks and stacks of garbage indie games you can complete in 10 minutes, I really wonder if we are playing on the same console and if they enjoy playing these games ..... I have respect for completionists but people just piling up trash games to get the most trophies, that's like the achievementwhores back in the days. At least, it must be karma that  Sony doesn't acknowledge or give a shit at all about the moron who has the most trophies in the world because in the end it's 90% of crosswords games, pixel games and dating simulations. And the devs don't even need to make efforts to create decent games when you have a niche of idiots who would pay for trophies that require zero skill.

• Like 3

I'll try my real best to be nice. @AJ_Radio

Sony doesn’t care for trophies, but they graciously allow them for us which is a good thing. 

Should they care? I don't think they need to. I think they only made them because achievements were the hot thing xbox had and they needed to try to boost ps3 sales somehow when they were losing to Xbox 360

My main point is there’s too much crap flooding the PS Store now. The PSNP leaderboards is a joke because guys like ikemenzi just gobble up the latest games the moment they get released. It’s not a contest to who can play for longer with actual games. It’s a exploitation by those select few who have thousands of dollars to spend. 

Theres always been crap everywhere. You just need to look for it. 

If you’re not financially well off and you’re just playing some easy games here and there, there’s no chance to climb the leaderboards. 

So thats great, even those less fortunate who can't afford full $60-$80 games, can afford $1-$5 and still trophy hunt and feel accomplished. Trophy Hunting no matter how easy or hard is all inclusive. It doesn't discriminate.

Any time threads like this pop up there are at least half a dozen people or so who will defend these shovelware titles, and often get offended when someone conjures up an alternate opinion. This has been the trend ever since Ratalaika Games entered the trophy hunting scene, which was sometime in 2017 or so. 

I defend games in general. Ill play what I want. Maybe kids who are wanting to learn about gaming can grow up on taco just and the like. Wouldn't be a bad idea. Parents keep a child entertained and get a platinum. Maybe someone has a learning disability and can only play easy games. 

Just ignore it. 

Edited by Infected Elite
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

I just made this point.

They made it better by using 90% less words.

burn.gif or some such

History and pontificating aside, everyone is continually getting all worked up about nothing. Quick devs gonna quick devs, Sony gonna Sony, achievement hunters gonna hunt. Stick to your knitting, folks, that's the way to get by.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

Oh, that reminds me.

I just came back from The Toilet T!

I didn't look but it was probably a Dump Lump!

• Like 2

Just now, Infected Elite said:

what about the Leaky P ? 

Who doesn't do a Leaky P first? That one is a given.

To be fair, I was in there for quite a while due to the Jumping Toilet Paper.

Probably about the same time it takes to make one of these games then.

I guess?

Ba dum tisch.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

So thats great, even those less fortunate who can't afford full $60-$80 games, can afford $1-$5 and still trophy hunt and feel accomplished. Trophy Hunting no matter how easy or hard is all inclusive. It doesn't discriminate.

But if (most of) the people buying these are buying multiple stacks every week, I think they're likely to be spending more this way than buying a $60-80 (buy them used for $20-$40) every 2-4 weeks.

No real point, just sayin

If stacks got filtered to a single entry, it'd at least make it less of an eyesore 

Just now, AJ_-_808 said:

But if (most of) the people buying these are buying multiple stacks every week, I think they're likely to be spending more this way than buying a $60-80 (buy them used for $20-$40) every 2-4 weeks.

No real point, just sayin

If stacks got filtered to a single entry, it'd at least make it less of an eyesore 

fair, but i did see a bundle for one that was 10 bucks or something and had a few of them 

3 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Who doesn't do a Leaky P first? That one is a given.

To be fair, I was in there for quite a while due to the Jumping Toilet Paper.

Probably about the same time it takes to make one of these games then.

I guess?

Ba dum tisch.

They absolutely need The B Booby OR the Boo B

blue-footed-booby-3-1800x1059.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

I'll try my real best to be nice. @AJ_Radio

Should they care? I don't think they need to. I think they only made them because achievements were the hot thing xbox had and they needed to try to boost ps3 sales somehow when they were losing to Xbox 360

I defend games in general. Ill play what I want. Maybe kids who are wanting to learn about gaming can grow up on taco just and the like. Wouldn't be a bad idea. Parents keep a child entertained and get a platinum. Maybe someone has a learning disability and can only play easy games. 

Just ignore it. 

I agree that anybody that has an issue with this stuff should ignore it or take it up with Sony directly. Every one of these threads goes in a circle until the same conversation that has occurred at least one hundred times is reproduced. I would love to hear what certain 1990’s enthusiasts (I’m not naming names ?) like instead of what they don’t for at least a week. It could be thought of as a meta trophy. 

• Like 1

Just now, VoidVictorious said:

I agree that anybody that has an issue with this stuff should ignore it or take it up with Sony directly. Every one of these threads goes in a circle until the same conversation that has occurred at least one hundred times is reproduced. I would love to hear what certain 1990’s enthusiasts (I’m not naming names 1f609.png) like instead of what they don’t for at least a week. It could be thought of as a meta trophy. 

i grew up in 90s. But man it had its flaws and was far from perfect. Idk why people act like it was glory. Guess everyone wants to go back to their childhood lol. Its okay, i know what clown you're talking about. lol

These threads going in circle is amusing, its back and forth, and as usual no one gains ground. Nor should they. 

If Sony store had 2000 of these in 3 months flood the store i wouldn't care. I watch enough gaming sites and videos to find new releases and games i may want. Then its a matter of using a few seconds of my type to search it in the Playstation store. Unlike some people, i am not lazy.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

Theres always been crap everywhere. You just need to look for the good stuff.

Fixed that for you. 

So it’s like the music industry now. I bitch about Soulja Boy’s “Crank That” rap song that had the youth all hooked up (because 12 year old kids want trendy, materialistic garbage anyway), you offer me a song by MF Doom that contains far more depth and genuineness. 

I think that’s a good deal. 

31 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

Just ignore it. 

It comes full circle then. 

I am now like the parent from 30 years ago saying Mortal Kombat and DOOM are violent and need to be taken away from young people (they were the reason the ESRB ratings were made). Video games are bad right? That was the mindset a lot of parents had back then. 

Now I’m of age to be a parent myself. I tell my kids not to watch this crap on Netflix because it might give them the wrong ideas. Meanwhile they’re playing games on their mobile devices that are clearly Pay2Win, so I have to issue a lock on those systems so my 8 year old child doesn’t accidentally pay for these loot boxes with my pay card. 

So instead of old school 2-D platformers like Mario & Sonic that I grew up on, kids are growing up on Jumping Taco that teach them participation trophies are a good thing. So they think it’s all good because they’re just kids. 

10 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

i grew up in 90s. But man it had its flaws and was far from perfect. Idk why people act like it was glory. Guess everyone wants to go back to their childhood lol. Its okay, i know what clown you're talking about. lol

These threads going in circle is amusing, its back and forth, and as usual no one gains ground. Nor should they. 

If Sony store had 2000 of these in 3 months flood the store i wouldn't care. I watch enough gaming sites and videos to find new releases and games i may want. Then its a matter of using a few seconds of my type to search it in the Playstation store. Unlike some people, i am not lazy.

You’re good dude. I wasn’t referring to you at all. I quoted you because you have generally been on point. The 90’s had its moments, but it was far from perfect. If you are a consumer of media (even if you don’t like some of it) we have some truly good games, movies, and television shows in this era that were impossible in that era. I’m about to watch “Better Call Saul” as an example. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

So it’s like the music industry now. I bitch about Soulja Boy’s “Crank That” rap song that had the youth all hooked up (because 12 year old kids want trendy, materialistic garbage anyway), you offer me a song by MF Doom that contains far more depth and genuineness. 

Yeah I agree 80s-early 2000s rap was amazing. Now what "rap" is is garbage. No beats like Dre or Cube really aside from the odd Cube release but you get what im saying. I moved onto metal and havent missed rap. Ill go back and listen to some stuff while very rarely seeing if some new "hot" artist is good. So far no luck but i get the kids that grew up on it vibing with it. Honestly this fits so well lol...

It comes full circle then. 

I am now like the parent from 30 years ago saying Mortal Kombat and DOOM are violent and need to be taken away from young people (they were the reason the ESRB ratings were made). Video games are bad right? That was the mindset a lot of parents had back then. 

Now I’m of age to be a parent myself. I tell my kids not to watch this crap on Netflix because it might give them the wrong ideas. Meanwhile they’re playing games on their mobile devices that are clearly Pay2Win, so I have to issue a lock on those systems so my 8 year old child doesn’t accidentally pay for these loot boxes with my pay card. 

Now i get everyone raises their kid how they choose and im not about to tell them how to raise them. But yeah, its a weird thing... id rather my kid play Street Fighter over MK, if they want a fighting game. Or Wrestling. Something less gory. But i mean if they show they can play MK without wanting to rip kids spines out in school, then im fine with it. But a lot would go into me just saying yeah play it. 

Now if my kid wanted my card for loot boxes, MAYBE part of an allowance id buy them 1. But I would not store my info. If they managed to steal my CC and spend 10k etc id be putting their ass in boarding school, or a student exchange program. Though as a parent I'd be partly at fault. 

So instead of old school 2-D platformers like Mario & Sonic that I grew up on, kids are growing up on Jumping Taco that teach them participation trophies are a good thing. So they think it’s all good because they’re just kids. 

Yeah so little Joe Schmo can have a baby account, playing those games and just having mindless fun, while I would be on my account playing whatever else. Then when they're of age to understand trophies better if they're still around, they can choose to continue on the baby account, or start over. 

So these games have a place. No they arent for everyone, yes the PS Store needs a proper overhaul, but i mean PS5 has barely updated on the main menus, so i wouldn't expect much. regardless of how many people sign a petition or what have you. Sucks but it is what it is. These games are here to stay. So i just accept it.

13 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

Yeah I agree 80s-early 2000s rap was amazing. Now what "rap" is is garbage. No beats like Dre or Cube really aside from the odd Cube release but you get what im saying. I moved onto metal and havent missed rap. Ill go back and listen to some stuff while very rarely seeing if some new "hot" artist is good. So far no luck but i get the kids that grew up on it vibing with it. Honestly this fits so well lol…

Soulja Boy was the big reason I gave up on mainstream rap. Lil Wayne contributed to this as well, he was a big hit back in 2007. 

Rap couldn’t be this shallow…. then I’ve looked at underground rappers and I never went back. 

Now i get everyone raises their kid how they choose and im not about to tell them how to raise them. But yeah, its a weird thing... id rather my kid play Street Fighter over MK, if they want a fighting game. Or Wrestling. Something less gory. But i mean if they show they can play MK without wanting to rip kids spines out in school, then im fine with it. But a lot would go into me just saying yeah play it. 

Gaming was very niche back then, and most grownups, especially Baby Boomer parents, didn’t see the appeal of the hobby. 

Mortal Kombat introduced something new to the table. Introducing something new like that always comes with a big risk. Today we don’t think about it because it’s completely normalized. Same with the history of rock music.

Yeah so little Joe Schmo can have a baby account, playing those games and just having mindless fun, while I would be on my account playing whatever else. Then when they're of age to understand trophies better if they're still around, they can choose to continue on the baby account, or start over. 

So these games have a place. No they arent for everyone, yes the PS Store needs a proper overhaul, but i mean PS5 has barely updated on the main menus, so i wouldn't expect much. regardless of how many people sign a petition or what have you. Sucks but it is what it is. These games are here to stay. So i just accept it.

I think games like LEGO Harry Potter are better for children. I was showing my little nephew how to play the game on my sisters Xbox One. 

They don’t care for achievements at all, and it’s probably best that young kids don’t. I can’t see a kid really getting into Jumping Taco unless his or her parents have it on their console. 

I’d rather introduce kids to Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, a game that sells on its own and is appealing enough to children.

Edited by AJ_Radio

1 hour ago, Infected Elite said:

Yeah I agree 80s-early 2000s rap was amazing. Now what "rap" is is garbage. No beats like Dre or Cube really aside from the odd Cube release but you get what im saying. I moved onto metal and havent missed rap. Ill go back and listen to some stuff while very rarely seeing if some new "hot" artist is good. So far no luck but i get the kids that grew up on it vibing with it. Honestly this fits so well lol...

Yeah, music in all genres has stagnated quite a lot since the 2000s, not that you can even make a profit these days due to everything being free on youtube

The meme of "It's happen you" still does apply in most cases.

However as someone who grew up in the 80s and the 90s, who talks a lot with the older generation and watching the world, financially, economically and how humans treat each other for the past few decades. I feel like I am struggling but wow the upcoming generation got it even worse.

Sure we got our lovely 60fps, 4K games that look better than real life. It might be tiring to harp on about the past, but so much about the world and standards are dropping left right and center.

I guess you can't mourn what you never had, so I guess it's fine to call me a boomer or whatever age cliche I am in.

I remember the positivity of the 80s and 90s, and these days without a stable high paying job and hope and dreams about the future, that sort of positive thinking is a lot rarer these days.

I also remember the early 2000s when worldwide travel was cheap, as was petrol/gas. Travelling around Japan by myself, flights were quite expensive, super cheap when compared to now though. Pretending I was in Shenmue just asking random people on the street random questions in Japanese, not fully understanding what was said, so I walked around the corner and asked a different person the same question. Could never do that nowadays, or at least it wouldn't be half as fun, everyone wearing masks can't see a friendly smile, keep your distance cos you might get Covid or accidentally kill someone's Grandma but you gave it someone because you got too close. Everyone looking down at their smart phones making it hard to get eye contact with anyone and the opportunity of even starting up a conversation.

We've got constant Covid news, updates on the war in Ukraine and being told constantly that we're going to all die because of global warming or that we need to start eating bugs to save the planet and everything up till this point or it's too late already. Governments telling people to stay indoors and watch our for Covid, having to wash your hands or use sprays every 5 seconds. Don't have children cos you're contributing to global warming, even if you do good luck on being able to afford one. The bank of mum and dad isn't going to be easily available to the next generation.

Honestly so much is worse now, the 80s and 90s were great. I'm glad I didn't waste my youth and did a ton of stuff in it, even more so since, well a lot of it you can't really do now.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I bet the person who made this "game" is a member of the community, popped a bag of popcorn earlier, and got a good laugh out of this thread watching people mald over this.

Think about it... This is a popular trophy hunter site and the description of the game is way too self aware of the community. I hope they respond to the thread and take a bow.

The other EZPZ devs are probably watching the site too and are malding too thinking, "Dammit, someone beat me to it!!!"

well... @CelestialRequiem did say they're a dev. Did you make this as a big joke for us man? lol

• Like 1