"Press X For Trophies" Coming to PSN

Aranea Highwind

52 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Soulja Boy was the big reason I gave up on mainstream rap. Lil Wayne contributed to this as well, he was a big hit back in 2007. 

Rap couldn’t be this shallow…. then I’ve looked at underground rappers and I never went back. 

Yeah like i liked Merkules when he released his first 3 albums but dont give a damn about his new stuff. When Rap mixes in with auto tune, it's hell. 

Gaming was very niche back then, and most grownups, especially Baby Boomer parents, didn’t see the appeal of the hobby. 

My parents played Mario, Sonic, Astyanax, Star Tropics, Zelda and many games on the NES/SNES/N64 and some sega stuff. I think when PS2 Slim came out, i got one at xmas with GTA Vice City. Parents watched me pick up a hooker and beat her to death and collect money. My dad laughed, my mom was more like wondering the point of the game lol. Another thing I'll never forget is i went to buy DMC 3. Apparently i wasn't of age. The store wouldnt sell it to me. I came back with my dad and he tried buying it. Same guy said no cause its for me. My dad called the manager who sold us the game. Basically saying if i wanted to play it, he'd buy it for me. Funny nostalgia trip, is I first heard and saw DMC3 on an episode of Video&Arcade Top 10. Nikolas Pikolas hahaha.

Mortal Kombat introduced something new to the table. Introducing something new like that always comes with a big risk. Today we don’t think about it because it’s completely normalized. Same with the history of rock music.

MK came after Street Fighter iirc. While i owned both, i always found more in SF.. MK had removed blood on SNES, and it sort of took from the experience. But yeah blood, hell, even murder is pretty normal now. Before for me, growing up, a few shootings every year maybe. Nothin crazy. Now its weekly and bigger numbers and im just immune to it. I really just pay it no mind. So its a pretty sad state when death becomes normalized in a bad way. 

I think games like LEGO Harry Potter are better for children. I was showing my little nephew how to play the game on my sisters Xbox One. 

They don’t care for achievements at all, and it’s probably best that young kids don’t. I can’t see a kid really getting into Jumping Taco unless his or her parents have it on their console. 

I’d rather introduce kids to Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, a game that sells on its own and is appealing enough to children.

True Ratchet would be better, i know my niece tried playing Crash Bandicoot. She kept calling Crash a sasquatch. lol... id also agree on LEGO games being suitable, but i found some challenge in one of them lololol.

It seems like this game is made to make Sony aware of the trophy whore games. Maybe this is the game that will force Sony to change requirements on trophies for shovelware. 

I remember when Sony removed a game because it was sold as the fastest platinum ever. I really wish they would still enforce that rule. 

37 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

I remember when Sony removed a game because it was sold as the fastest platinum ever. I really wish they would still enforce that rule. 

There was no “rule” involved (at least not relating to trophy hunting.) 1,000 Top Rated was removed because the title and description implied it had received a non-existent accolade and could be construed as false advertising. It came right back as Slyde.

Its funny the idiots out here that waste money on this trash. Good on the developers for capitalizing on these morons.

I agree (although perhaps with less harsh words)

People who buy this game and get the platinum trophy are the same people who are proud of their 'My Name Is Mayo' platinum trophy. You literally bought a game to get a virtual trophy that has no real value. Is that really what you want to brag about?

Yes, we all hunt for virtual collectibles, but trophy hunting is supposed to be fun and relaxing and spending money on a game that ONLY gets you a trophy (and nothing else at all) just seems stupid to me.

Can't say I haven't spent money on games with a platinum that was obtainable in less than an hour, but I NEVER buy games I wouldn't enjoy. And I can't get behind people who do. But maybe that's just me....

13 minutes ago, quickfoozlle said:

RIP trophy system. Lets just deactivate the whole system + delete all trophys from every account and have fun again with our favourite games.

Sometimes I think that would be the absolute best! Can't say I don't like trophy hunting but just playing games for the sake of enjoying them YOUR way instead of having to replay the game for the sixth time on the hardest difficulty in under 2 hours.

• Like 1

Where are the days from 2009, 2010 when 1st in the world had only 100 plats? Where are the nintendo days when people played super mario for months to just beat the game, let alone deathless runs? Today I think in general, people are always searching for easy way out without putting efforts and I am not talking just about gaming but everyday life.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PraiseTheFluppi said:

[…]
If I give small amounts of drugs to drug addicts, I'm the bad guy.
If I give small amounts of alcohol to a alcohol addict, I'm the bad guy.
If I give one bottle of coke to a coke addict, I'm the bad guy.
If I give 10€ to a gambling addict, I'm the bad guy.
But if I give 10 trophies to a trophy addict - I get defended and am the innocent guy?

In what world am I living?

I can’t specifically say, since I suspect you’re in a different country, and perhaps the situation is different there. Hell, it may be different in some states, for all I know. But I can tell you that, in my state, the people who try to cut off the supply of drugs and the people who try to regulate the alcohol are frequently considered the “bad guy,” while those who enable or even encourage the addictive behavior are regaled as heroes. Judging from the things I am frequently exposed to on social media (which is primarily made up of small but ridiculously vocal groups, I will admit), this is something of a common stance to take, frequently presented as somehow “defending” or “helping” the addicted.

Given that I am surrounded by that sort of attitude and see it reflected other places, my own answer to your question (“In what world am I living”) would be “an awful one that has roughly 90% of its priorities backwards.”