"Press X For Trophies" Coming to PSN

Aranea Highwind

I honestly hope they took inspiration from this and make it into a meta joke. Maybe the story will be about how a a trophy hunter fell into the hole of shovelware and lost his entire life because of it.

Only to regain everything he once had by platting cryptic of the necrodancer. 

Also I hope it takes a billion x presses to platinum.

Edited by aZombieDictator
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

Yeah trophy system is doomed

All the people hooked on this crap don't realize it could ruin it for everyone. I wouldn't be surprised if Sony scraps the trophy system entirely in the future, or at least replaces it with something that closer resembles the original idea for achievements. Its not like trophies have been around forever.

Have fun while it lasts everybody.

• Like 2

Just now, AJ_Radio said:

Money isn’t everything man. To a multi billion dollar corporation like Sony, sure. Make bank at the cost of integrity and rationality. 

i am talking about the indivials who develop these games. Not Sony. If i could make shit games and make money off putting them out for cheap, i would. Replace a few things each week, republish, rinse repeat. Profit. Can't complain about it.

Just now, AJ_Radio said:

Every business has its cons and hacks. Unfortunately, Sony has completely bought into the Steam game model by literally throwing out quality control in place of anything that can make a buck for a very niche audience such as trophy hunters. 

every business yeah has pros and cons, but trophy hunters act like this is life and death.

Just now, AJ_Radio said:

Moving to California was a mistake.

then move away from it? 

my issue with you for the record, is you're constantly just one sided. Or constantly bitching. Breath. In through your nose and out through your mouth.

As for me being a schoolyard bully, not anymore. I'm just an asshole tbh. If i don't like you i dont like you. I guarantee if I feel that way you gave me every right to.

But fuck it. I'm calling a truce. I don't like you. You dont like me. I won't @ you and you don't @ me.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Money isn’t everything man.

Look at Mr. 'Tell us you don't have kids/family/medical bills/rent/social obligations without telling us you don't have kids/family/medical bills/rent/social obligations' 101 over here.

Come on, dude. You're smarter than that. While the notion is nice, reality has to take precedence in some cases.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jelly Soup said:

It's really tempting, you have no idea.

I'm working on a game myself and I keep seeing this shit. Like, I could just stop all work this second, slap in some easy achievements and bankroll a new greenhouse for the backyard. But I want my game, however dumb it may be, to not intentionally suck. I want it to suck cause I suck, that's much more relatable.

Don’t. I understand it’s hard for game developers, especially this industry we have today. 

I respect developers who had their products fail, who at least tried to put some effort. There’s at least something noble there. 

These hack developers aren’t stupid. They know who their audience is. A trophy thumbnail of some guy putting his hand in a toilet, is just a mockery of this hobby we like to partake in. 

And it’s really gotten old.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Angus1343 said:

All the people hooked on this crap don't realize it could ruin it for everyone. I wouldn't be surprised if Sony scraps the trophy system entirely in the future, or at least replaces it with something that closer resembles the original idea for achievements. Its not like trophies have been around forever.

I would be very, very surprised if they did that. The trophy system was initially an afterthought, a response to what XBL/360 was doing at the time. Once it was clear that achievements demonstrably boost sales it became policy that any (with a few exceptions over the years) game published to the PSN is required to have trophies. Now it's paying off more than every before, this would be a really dumb time for them to suddenly grow a conscience.

2 minutes ago, Raidou Kuzunoha XIV said:

I feel like someone should make a bingo sheet for these kinda threads:

"GOAT contender"

"Will there be a guide?"

"This is a travesty and the end of gaming as we know it"

"This thread is gonna be locked"

"Just let people play what they want"

"I bet one of the trophies is glitched"

"AJ_Radio will inevitably comment"

And so on and so forth.

Yo i am so down for a monthly bingo lmao. Mods can give the first 5 winners a $10 PSN card hahaha

1 minute ago, Jelly Soup said:

I would be very, very surprised if they did that. The trophy system was initially an afterthought, a response to what XBL/360 was doing at the time. Once it was clear that achievements demonstrably boost sales it became policy that any (with a few exceptions over the years) game published to the PSN is required to have trophies. Now it's paying off more than every before, this would be a really dumb time for them to suddenly grow a conscience.

you have a point too. Sony has to get a small cut of anything sold on the store front, so all these cheap plats, they be making some $ too probably.

Again, cant fault anyone making money off these.

If anyone doesn't want to see these games in new games section of store.

Filter - price $9.99 and above will clear a large majority of them

you're welcome 

8 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

You should talk to someone about that. 

How many times can Sony send the same message to you people that have a problem with this? They’ve made their stance pretty clear over the last several years. 

Long live easy plats that ruin leaderboards!!!!

• Like 1

Well, that's why I focus on what I personally enjoy and let other people do the same, it doesn't really concern me as I won't support it, and let's be real, this is only a thing because there are people who support it so as long there's that things like this will keeping on releasing, it is what it is, my only grip is the amount of spamware here on the forums that bury the good ones, other than that I'm pretty whatever.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Raidou Kuzunoha XIV said:

I feel like someone should make a bingo sheet for these kinda threads:

"I bet one of the trophies is glitched"

Ayyy thats my one... kinda. Well half what I meant. 

Sidenote, is it against developer T&Cs for a trophy to be deliberately unobtainable at launch, because I have a tonne of evil plans if not... Well one plan tbh.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, breakingthegreen said:

Sidenote, is it against developer T&Cs for a trophy to be deliberately unobtainable at launch, because I have a tonne of evil plans if not... Well one plan tbh.

That's why Where the Water Tastes Like Wine is obtainable on PSN. It's unobtainable on Steam by design.

Below is a repost of my reply to a member’s status update related to the game response for the creation of this topic, before discovering it had been opened.

“Press X For Trophies”.

The QA team at Sony responsible for removing 1000 Top Rated from the US PlayStation Store for being released admitting in the game’s description to targeting trophy hunters, where are they now?

I must confess: I’ve paid for a many easy games over the years and honestly if I had’ve known we would get to where we are today half a decade ago (while on my previous account) I would’ve made the choice to never touch a single easy game (with exceptions, including but not limited to licensed/tie-in games, legitimate indie games that go for a few hours, Telltale games and games published by Green Lava Studios eg. My Name Is Mayo, just for the heck of it). These past two months alone I’ve paid for 4 stacks each from 5 different “games”, 2 from Webnetic (The Bronze/Silver Age) and 3 from Zakym (Frogo, Kruger and Lump Jump) and I already somewhat regret going anywhere near them because going for easy platinum trophies is one thing but do so out of asset-flipping apps where you to press a button for 2-3 minutes?

You know… It wasn’t too long ago people were dropping loads on, for example, Ratalaika for releasing the games they did encouraging piss-easy platinums. However that rage has since pass onto the bullshit dominating the wallets of trophy/leaderboard chasers today, because unlike “The Jumping *insert food/drink here*” the games Ratalaika put out can be considered ACTUAL GAMES even if the trophies associated to the games didn’t require fully beating them in most cases.

Personally, I don’t think I’ll be slowing down on easy plats anytime soon but you bet I’ll be paying close attention to who I’m buying games within this category beyond this point. I’ll say it again, the problem isn’t just EZPZ trophies, it’s the EZPZ trophies being sold through games that are either complete fucking trash or not even games at all. Can you even call yourself a gamer from bouncing virtual burgers on a screen, something nobody, ABSOLUTELY NOBODY would be investing their time and money into if it weren’t for PlayStation trophies?

Edited by TurningRedEye
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Angus1343 said:

Sony is allowing it to happen so I'm not sure it would cause them to cancel the trophy system.  I think that the trophy system only exists because the average trophy hunter buys far more games than the average non-trophy hunter.  I think it's much more likely the subscription services could up-end the trophy system.  If the bulk of players move towards PS premium services then they will make less individual purchases of games and that could likely lead to a loss of interest on sony's part for the trophy system.   But i agree it's crap games and in more ways than one it is ruining things. 

5 minutes ago, Angus1343 said:

Sony was clearly inspired by Xbox Achievements. I remember getting achievements in Halo 3 long ago, despite never bothering to get them all in that game. 

The guys at the top of the leaderboards are going to be affected the most. We may as well compare trophies with gambling and drug addiction. 

Even Hakoom couldn’t keep up after he was #1 for a long time. 

6 minutes ago, Jelly Soup said:

Look at Mr. 'Tell us you don't have kids/family/medical bills/rent/social obligations without telling us you don't have kids/family/medical bills/rent/social obligations' 101 over here.

Come on, dude. You're smarter than that. While the notion is nice, reality has to take precedence in some cases.

I thought the point of gaming was to take our minds away from reality. 

Assuming I don’t have bills to pay and all that jazz, not a great assumption to make. 

9 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

Funny. Five years ago, Sony removed 1000 Top Rated from PSN because the game's description mentioned that it had easy trophies. And about 5 years before that, the developers of Velocity Ultra had to petition Sony to let their indie game have a platinum trophies.

The times, they are a-changing...

At least Bob Dylan’s quote still holds up after all these years. 

9 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

my issue with you for the record, is you're constantly just one sided. Or constantly bitching. Breath. In through your nose and out through your mouth.

As for me being a schoolyard bully, not anymore. I'm just an asshole tbh. If i don't like you i dont like you. I guarantee if I feel that way you gave me every right to.

But fuck it. I'm calling a truce. I don't like you. You dont like me. I won't @ you and you don't @ me.

You haven’t made a single point towards me that was either well constructed or rational in the two years or so that we’ve made posts. 

You’re all emotional and you act this way towards everyone you don’t like. Why should I bother to try to be rational and reasonable when you resort to emotional responses?

I volunteer to post in these discussions. You do the same. That’s great. 

My opinion: These games suck and are diluting the hobby of trophy hunting. You proceed to bring others down to your level then act all childish by being condescending and rude to anyone that disagrees with you. 

You don’t like these threads, then just stop posting on them. I’ve ignored a lot of these EZPZ threads over the past year because none of the points made go anywhere. It’s just a mud flinging contest between two sides and then I’m branded a bad guy because I was heavily involved in these threads in the past. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, breakingthegreen said:

I'll be honest, I didn't even look at any of the comments in this thread aside from the OP before making my own post. Was just going off based on what I've seen in previous threads of this nature. After skimming this thread... it seems there's already been quite a few bingos.

7 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I thought the point of gaming was to take our minds away from reality. 

Maybe if people cant handle reality, but id say majority of gamers just use it as a means of entertainment, no different than reading a book or watching a movie. Its a hobby. Nothing else. Honestly those that don't follow current events at the very least in their state, are the ones who suffer the most.

Assuming I don’t have bills to pay and all that jazz, not a great assumption to make. 

You need money more than anything. House? need money for that. Car? need money. Food? need money. Kids, need money for that too. Guess what else requires money? Gaming!

You haven’t made a single point towards me that was either well constructed or rational in the two years or so that we’ve made posts. 

You’re all emotional and you act this way towards everyone you don’t like. Why should I bother to try to be rational and reasonable when you resort to emotional responses?

I volunteer to post in these discussions. You do the same. That’s great. 

My opinion: These games suck and are diluting the hobby of trophy hunting. You proceed to bring others down to your level then act all childish by being condescending and rude to anyone that disagrees with you. 

Childish? no. Condescending and rude? 100%, but mostly towards you. 

Definitely not emotional either. How are these diluting trophy hunting? I think they promote it quite well lmao

You don’t like these threads, then just stop posting on them. I’ve ignored a lot of these EZPZ threads over the past year because none of the points made go anywhere. It’s just a mud flinging contest between two sides and then I’m branded a bad guy because I was heavily involved in these threads in the past. 

I never said i hated these threads. Or these games. I said i won't buy them. But i support the people who have made them.

You arent a bad guy, but you just whine endlessly. Like you want a pity award.

I say let EZPZ games live on. Those who want them can play them

Edited by Infected Elite
  • Like 1