"Press X For Trophies" Coming to PSN

Aranea Highwind

Stop being so childish and trying to insult each other or the thread will need to be locked again. Show some self control. Post on topic or don't post.

Warning Points from here on out for as along as the thread stays open for anyone who breaks forums rules. Read up if you need a refresher: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/17792-siteforum-rules-jan-6-2016/

• Like 1

Someone answer me this though, please (and sorry to go off topic here... are we really on any specific topic?): why when I link other guides besides Knoef's guides they're never deleted? Every time I link a Knoef guide... *deleted*

I've messaged mods about it. Hell, I even messaged the big-wig himself (got no reply though). So, yeah, why is that? I don't understand. You guys (mods) delete the Knoef links but never bother explaining why. I mean, I guess you're not obligated to tell me, I'm assuming? But still, an explanation would be appreciated.

27 minutes ago, MrTacoNinja said:

*Raises hand* I'm guilty of that. The reason I skip out though is because I hate online trophies and having to rely on someone else to help me get them so I actively avoid games with them. Not all the time, but most often I do. But yeah, it's pretty retarded if ya think about it that I skip out on games that could be awesome just because of online trophies but I'll be honest here, I've tried playing games for the fun of it and it just doesn't interest me 

So youd avoid great games like Street Fighter V because it has hard online trophies?

1 minute ago, Helyx said:

Isn't that the guy who tried to rig a Guide of the Year contest here on PSNP?

Ooooooh. Hmmmmm. Now THAT might definitely explain it. Otherwise I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong because the mod deleting it doesn't even bother explaining WHY it was deleted to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HoorayForTyler said:

[…] And for the first time, a release like this one is actually wearing its ezpz status like a badge of honor. […]

49 minutes ago, The_UW_98 said:

I wonder how many degenerates will buy this to add a shitty play to their list. good lord 1f602.png

It’s been noted in the thread before, but that was many pages ago, so it bears repeating: we have no idea what this game even is. We have a title. A brief statement that it’s intended to be “ironic.” A picture of the cross button. One of those things doesn’t say anything for or against it being trophy trash (the picture of the button.). One of those things specifically implies it isn’t (the irony statement). One of those things could be assumed to mean it is, but when combined with the “irony” statement implies another meaning (the title.) That’s not enough evidence to make a determination about anything other than “this exists,” let alone that it’s “wearing a badge of honor” or that anyone who buys it is a “degenerate.”

I don’t have high hopes; it could very easily be trophy trash, a double-feint, using the irony defense as a trick. It could also be just plain trash, a horrible game that fails on every level yet isn’t “trophy trash.” But there is the possibility that it is a decent game that actually does serve as a satirical send-up of the trophy trash. We won’t know until it arrives and someone plays it.

• Like 2

Just now, Ashande said:

It’s been noted in the thread before, but that was many pages ago, so it bears repeating: we have no idea what this game even is. We have a title. A brief statement that it’s intended to be “ironic.” A picture of the cross button. One of those things doesn’t say anything for or against it being trophy trash (the picture of the button.). One of those things specifically implies it isn’t (the irony statement). One of those things could be assumed to mean it is, but when combined with the “irony” statement implies another meaning (the title.) That’s not enough evidence to make a determination about anything other than “this exists,” let alone that it’s “wearing a badge of honor” or that anyone who buys it is a “degenerate.”

I don’t have high hopes; it could very easily be trophy trash, a double-feint, using the irony defense as a trick. It could also be just plain trash, a horrible game that fails on every level yet isn’t “trophy trash.” But there is the possibility that it is a decent game that actually does serve as a satirical send-up of the trophy trash. We won’t know until it arrives and someone plays it.

Ah, I see. I guess we'll have to find out. Chances are though... It is trophy trash ?

1 hour ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

I'm surprised that u seem to dislike all these easy games that keep getting released. what's preventing u from stopping tho?

He said he enjoys leaderboards. Doesn't mean he enjoys playing shitty games. If he stops, he will drop from the rankings. If there were no spam games, he would still be able to chase high ranks by playing real games instead. Him not liking these spam games makes perfect sense. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone from the top 100 hated them. Nobody wants to play them and they are a gigantic waste of money but it's either do or lose your rank. In the end, only those who choose the former stay on top. These shovelware games basically made the whole idea of rankings pointless and obsolete because instead of playing games you now simply buy trophies to stay competetive.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Colin_Raleigh said:

Press X For Trophies will no doubt be followed by these sequels:

Press Square For Trophies

Press Circle For Trophies

Press Triangle For Trophies

Press R1 For Trophies 

Press R2 For Trophies

Press L1 For Trophies

Press L2 For Trophies

You forgot about R3/L3, limited edition for TP and who knows! Maybe even OPTIONS button as well!

Then USE VOICE COMMAND FOR TROPHIES.

Also MOVES have their special own buttons... AIM controller...  So many possibilities out there!

Edited by Smashero

1 minute ago, Infected Elite said:

fair if it's not your type of thing. i can respect that. 

Also Sir. lol.

Now, would I avoid other games that are my thing if the trophies were too difficult? Hmmm. Tough one. I've taken on some pretty tough plats before. But plats that are considered like 10/10 in difficulty? Nah, I'll admit to ya amigo I'd avoid them because:

1) I don't want to ruin my completion percentage that I busted my ass for years to build upon (literally took me YEARS to complete the insane amount of incomplete games on my list - I'm very proud of my completion percentage) because I knooooow...

2) That I just don't have the skill nor temperament so I know I wouldn't be able to platinum it (self-defeating statement, I know). 

3) As I previously stated (and I KNOW this is retarded) but games without trophies or playing a game and not caring about the trophies... just isn't interesting to me.

What I enjoy is putting in the work, unlocking trophies and building upon my stats. I know a lot of people can't wrap their heads around this, that they just don't understand why. I know trophy hunting, the stats, etc., is, in the grand scheme of it all, pointless and just doesn't matter. I know this. But I still enjoy doing it. 

The trophy system has been fucked from the start.  Not all trophies are created equal, yet they are worth the same amount of points.  For example, I’m playing Hotline Miami 2 hard mode right now.  It’s a pain in the ass.  It’s gonna take me weeks to beat this because it’s frustrating me to the point I want to cut kick the kitchen table legs off so I have to walk away at a certain point.  Oh and in before some asshole shows up to say how easy it was, and they beat it with their left foot while clipping toenails on their right one.  Anyway, this is all for a gold trophy.  A gold trophy in an easier game is worth the same amount whether it’s Pig D, Virginia, Zippy’s balls or whatever.  It’s a flaw in the system, and these easy plats expose that flaw and also profit from it.

Let’s say SONY comes out and says no more hold the button for a plat game.  Ok, now what?  I guess we’re back to hating these one-level release games that are technically games because there is a win/loss condition, but they can be platted in 15 mins.  So SONY dumps them too….goddamn walking simulators next.  Gone.  Ok visuals novels next….where does it end?

Until a trophy system comes out that accounts for difficulty, rarity, time involved, etc….the leader board will always be led by the best ratio of the amount of trophies per time spent gaming. 

Edited by kinnyman
  • Like 1

There's no need to insult eachother about a random video game in the wasteland of the Playstation store. Look, if you do not like these games do not buy them, if you do then buy them. There isn't any solutions that come out of being rude. We all have a similar goal here and that's just getting these little trophies because it makes us happy. Much luv ❤️

• Like 2

7 pages in 14 hours, come on guys. You guys are slacking, I was expecting 12 pages minimum.

14 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

That's why Where the Water Tastes Like Wine is obtainable on PSN. It's unobtainable on Steam by design.

It's actually against Steam policy as well, but exceptions exists. Where the Water Tastes Like Wine and another game I forget the name of both did this as major/meta story points and were allowed. There have been a small handful of games were the dev/s was trying to screw with achievement hunters and had their games pulled.

16 minutes ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Now, would I avoid other games that are my thing if the trophies were too difficult? Hmmm. Tough one. I've taken on some pretty tough plats before. But plats that are considered like 10/10 in difficulty? Nah, I'll admit to ya amigo I'd avoid them because:

1) I don't want to ruin my completion percentage that I busted my ass for years to build upon (literally took me YEARS to complete the insane amount of incomplete games on my list - I'm very proud of my completion percentage) because I knooooow...

2) That I just don't have the skill nor temperament so I know I wouldn't be able to platinum it (self-defeating statement, I know). 

3) As I previously stated (and I KNOW this is retarded) but games without trophies or playing a game and not caring about the trophies... just isn't interesting to me.

What I enjoy is putting in the work, unlocking trophies and building upon my stats. I know a lot of people can't wrap their heads around this, that they just don't understand why. I know trophy hunting, the stats, etc., is, in the grand scheme of it all, pointless and just doesn't matter. I know this. But I still enjoy doing it. 

So if the sequel to or remake of your favorite game of all time came out and was a 10/10 you wouldn’t play it? Seems strange to me. But everyone in this thread seems convinced all games with trophies will become like this one so…guess you’re safe. Lol