Pop "Track Star" easily on one evening

This is definitely an interesting strategy.  I wonder if it would be better for me to upload my save file to the coud and then just delete what I have on my ps4 and just start fresh at 0 level again.  Since I'm currently level 98 and like 25 Crown Rank, I'm probably getting matched with a lot of seasoned players.  I didn't even qualify on the 2nd race we did...jeesh!

I'm just planning to get the rest of the ones I need like 7 or 8 on the next Tip Toe event.  I got 10 or 11 the first time, couldn't be bothered to get the rest then, so I will just wait.

The real issue is Fall Guy Fashioniesta.  I messaged Mediatonic and said ya know, it would be nice if the seasonal outfits we unlock along the way count toward that trophy...since we had to pay money to get showbucks to unlock them, they responded within an hour of my message saying "sorry, those currently don't count toward that trophy"...I was like shit!

11 hours ago, LegendExeter said:

This is definitely an interesting strategy.  I wonder if it would be better for me to upload my save file to the coud and then just delete what I have on my ps4 and just start fresh at 0 level again.  Since I'm currently level 98 and like 25 Crown Rank, I'm probably getting matched with a lot of seasoned players.  I didn't even qualify on the 2nd race we did...jeesh!

I used this strategy after unlocking 20 wins and Infallible. It only took one or two hours max to get matched with low skill players again. So you probably don't need to delete anything. Just try it. Get eliminated in the first round a few times in a row and you'll immediately see the lobbies getting easier.

Although it's not exactly clear what affects your SBMM rank and what doesn't, I'm almost sure that crown rank, fame level and hours played don't matter at all. The fame level can be skipped with money anyway. Your recent performance is definitely the most important factor.

12 hours ago, LegendExeter said:

I wonder if it would be better for me to upload my save file to the coud and then just delete what I have on my ps4 and just start fresh at 0 level again. 

I read your post a second time... Deleting your local save file is pointless! All of your stats are saved on the server side. The local save file contains only settings and stuff.

6 minutes ago, DaaneS97 said:

That method is awesome, I got it done within 3 hours

Awesome :=) 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I will try this next days, I give you a feedback as soon as I will have tried.

Edit : Well this method works perfectly ?? After loosing 7/8 times in a row, the games put me in games with very low skilled players. I did my 20 victories in 3 sessions of 2 hour each.

Edited by raphi_boss67

• 5 months later...
3 hours ago, TheDarkKratos said:

Does this still work? Great idea too 1f60b.png

Easy method to find that out on your own: Join the official Discord server and check the "Game Feedback" channel. If every third or fourth post is "Remove SBMM", it's still active.

I haven't played the game in a while because the trophies are broken.

• 4 weeks later...

Despite the date gap, my bad for the 2 x posts in a row, but I cannot get this to work. Has it been patched out?

I played Solo matches for over 4 hours straight today. Just sat there every single game, did nothing. Then started new match.

Is my rank too high? I am rank 165 I think. What am I doing wrong? The matches remain the same, not getting any easier.

I really want to take advantage of this awesome method. Proud2bNs  - what do you think please?

Edited by TheDarkKratos
edit update

59 minutes ago, TheDarkKratos said:

Proud2bNs  - what do you think please?

I checked their Discord server again and there are many posts regarding SBMM from a couple of days ago. So I assume SBMM is still active and this method still works.

3 hours ago, TheDarkKratos said:

Despite the date gap, my bad for the 2 x posts in a row, but I cannot get this to work. Has it been patched out?

I played Solo matches for over 4 hours straight today. Just sat there every single game, did nothing. Then started new match.

Is my rank too high? I am rank 165 I think. What am I doing wrong? The matches remain the same, not getting any easier.

I really want to take advantage of this awesome method. Proud2bNs  - what do you think please?

Maybe try starting fresh (unlinking the account)? I started fresh recently on ps5 because trophies otherwise glitch and was able to win 20 races easily in solo, I think I'm at 50+ wins now. I'm still getting matched against pretty bad people as I'm even winning some episodes, which never happened on old launcher

Edited by timpurnat
  • Like 1

I actually got most of my first places by swtiching servers, especially India - Middle east one.
Having white or even red wifi signal on bottom right of the screen is not really an issue for me with this game.
Be careful it's possible to encounter pc cheaters, but most of the time, most players are not very good and some rounds can even end in time out as not enough are able to qualify.

• Like 1

I can confirm that it works. I tried it yesterday and made the rest of the wins and the trophy poped. Just follow the instructions above.

BTW: I have Season Pass and am at tier about 160. I only had to play about 8-10 rounds where I didn't cross the finish line on purpose. Then I was in the lobby with almost only bots.

@proud2bNs: Thanks a lot!

Edited by RashCZ
typo corrections

5 hours ago, FinalFan said:

I actually got most of my first places by swtiching servers, especially India - Middle east one.
Having white or even red wifi signal on bottom right of the screen is not really an issue for me with this game.
Be careful it's possible to encounter pc cheaters, but most of the time, most players are not very good and some rounds can even end in time out as not enough are able to qualify.

how do you switch servers?

On 3/31/2023 at 11:32 PM, timpurnat said:

Maybe try starting fresh (unlinking the account)? I started fresh recently on ps5 because trophies otherwise glitch and was able to win 20 races easily in solo, I think I'm at 50+ wins now. I'm still getting matched against pretty bad people as I'm even winning some episodes, which never happened on old launcher

Thanks. But i have already unlinked my Epic account when i first started the PS5 version.

I dont want to unlink my account again, because i am trying to get the legendary item which is a ridiculous grind. 

Unlinking will negate all my progress? Epic are idiots. The first season on PS4 was great. You could buy Legendary items for Kudos

Such a stupid move for one lousy trophy now. Will be glad when i can delete this game.

Also - yesterday i tried again for low level lobbies. Never ever works for me.

I put 3 hours straight of doing nothing but losing, and if anything, the players were better than ever. Wtf am i doing wrong?

I must have lost and sat through at least 30 entire games etc. Took ages. Got nowhere :-(

Edited by TheDarkKratos

21 minutes ago, TheDarkKratos said:

Thanks. But i have already unlinked my Epic account when i first started the PS5 version.

I dont want to unlink my account again, because i am trying to get the legendary item which is a ridiculous grind. 

Unlinking will negate all my progress? Epic are idiots. The first season on PS4 was great. You could buy Legendary items for Kudos

Such a stupid move for one lousy trophy now. Will be glad when i can delete this game.

It will yes, but you can always link back and get back the progress you had (but if you already unlinked once I'm guessing you haven't linked a new account yet, so your current progress isn't linked to any epic accounts. To start over you will need to create a new epic account, link it to your psn and then unlink it)

Edited by timpurnat
  • Like 1